HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Ducks & Flyers - Kings

Old
06-16-2010, 12:02 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Fixed...

I still don't understand why they put both of those guys on the same contract length.
Ask the Hawks, they are totally screwed with their contracts, so many guys signed for the same length contracts at $5 each. Luckily they won this year because they will be in trouble for years to come. Off topic, but you should take a look at my Ducks uni concepts haha

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs305...._6803807_n.jpg

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Ask the Hawks, they are totally screwed with their contracts, so many guys signed for the same length contracts at $5 each. Luckily they won this year because they will be in trouble for years to come. Off topic, but you should take a look at my Ducks uni concepts haha

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs305...._6803807_n.jpg
Parent is not the answer on defense but I know what you're saying... Even Koivu scoring 50 PTs in 71 or w/e he did this year is fine for the Ducks.

The Ducks need to get some green back in their unis.... leave purple to the queens.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Guest123

I would deal Carter for a resigned Ryan.

If Anaheim wants to negotiate an extension with Carter pre-trade..that's fine.

Ryan on PHI does hold more value than Carter on PHI IMO bc he brings a pure RW position to us and lets us put Giroux at center where he's a playmaker.

There does not need to be a discussion about this bc this is fair if both agree to respected salaries.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
No you got me all wrong here, I love koivu, he is a great role player and a hard worker, i just feel as though he would be better off as a 3rd line center esp since he is never healthy, and I know the ducks were a top scoring team, I also addressed the defensive need hence the Parent Part. I am not coming out to bash your team, i just know a similar trade was discussed at the beginning of the season and it was just brought up by one of the Flyers main writers and their radio announcer chris Therien, and coming from two different sources makes it seem a little more realistic based on publications saying what the ducks are in the market for. I just dislike carter and love Ryan which is why I put this up to see what others felt.
If the Ducks feel that way about Koivu's injures, then they should just get a 3rd line center who can fill in on the 2nd line for the 10-20 games Koivu might miss. But I believe the Ducks rather let Carter/Marchant play that role, as they should considering that the defense needs to be adressed. Nick Bonino will likely get his chances and is a pretty high regarded prospect. Not to mention that Bobby Ryan can play center (Lupul too, although he never did in the NHL).

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
KingsCrown

On the Kings end, this will be a hot topic for next offseason. If Bernier outshines Quick this season, Quick will be a hot commodity in the offseason. A 39-win goalie with two years remaining at 1.8M will be a big trading chip if it comes to that. SJ got a 1st, 2nd, 4th for Toskala & Bell. Now we should get a return of a top 6 forward, or a bluechip prospect and a pick.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I would deal Carter for a resigned Ryan.

If Anaheim wants to negotiate an extension with Carter pre-trade..that's fine.

Ryan on PHI does hold more value than Carter on PHI IMO bc he brings a pure RW position to us and lets us put Giroux at center where he's a playmaker.

There does not need to be a discussion about this bc this is fair if both agree to respected salaries.
Thank you, this is all I was trying to say. But seriously imagine this lineup

Leino - Briere - Hartnell
Ryan - Richards - Gags
JVR - Giroux - ?
Lappy - Betts - Carcillo

I personally would sign Carcillo and leave Asham go and attempt to sign Bertuzzi at about $1.2 mil. The Flyers were interested in him up until the day he signed with Det, plus having him on the 3rd would bring that big body presence to the net for Giroux and JVR, and if he can be had for 400-600 thousand more than Asham I think its worth it. Parent and Coburn I feel need to be traded and we should pursue Hamhuis to play with Timonen again, resign Krajicek to a low pay contract similar to the 800k he was making this season and bring up Bartulis full time with Bourdon as a 7th or even Marshall for that matter.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Parent is not the answer on defense but I know what you're saying... Even Koivu scoring 50 PTs in 71 or w/e he did this year is fine for the Ducks.

The Ducks need to get some green back in their unis.... leave purple to the queens.
Haha, I decided to take from the old and new, the kings barely use purple, and it would be different, they would stand out from the league heres the uni concepts

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1203665_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs325....9_254205_n.jpg

I know Parent isn't the answer now, but he is supposed to develop into a top tier dman, and if his rights are what you are getting along with Carter i dont see how that can be passed up. Plus you got Sbisa developing, hes gonna be a star.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

No to Quick but a big yes to Bobby Ryan. One of the only 2nd tier elites I'd consider moving Carter for. The Carter proposals are terrible for the most part.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Haha, I decided to take from the old and new, the kings barely use purple, and it would be different, they would stand out from the league heres the uni concepts

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1203665_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs325....9_254205_n.jpg

I know Parent isn't the answer now, but he is supposed to develop into a top tier dman, and if his rights are what you are getting along with Carter i dont see how that can be passed up. Plus you got Sbisa developing, hes gonna be a star.

I do not see this happening. Unless he plans on being a top pairing KHL player. Sbisa is another guy I don't see reaching star status, but he should make a decent NHL defenseman.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Ps I know you guys just drafted 2 centers in the first last year, so I understand where you are coming from with not needing centers, but for now they are saying you need one. I like Deschamps, I think you got a steal on that dude in the 2nd in 08.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
No to Quick but a big yes to Bobby Ryan. One of the only 2nd tier elites I'd consider moving Carter for. The Carter proposals are terrible for the most part.
I agree, and I cant stand Carter, but he has value, and people don't get that.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:23 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I do not see this happening. Unless he plans on being a top pairing KHL player. Sbisa is another guy I don't see reaching star status, but he should make a decent NHL defenseman.
At least you are a realistic flyers fan unlike that dude on the first page who is a total homer I have been disappointed with Parent, but considering we pretty much got him Upshall, Timonen, Biron and Hartnell for Forsberg its ok, it was like we made up for that Lindros deal haha.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Leino - Briere - Hartnell
Ryan - Richards - Gags
JVR - Giroux - ?
Lappy - Betts - Carcillo
I'd rather sign Asham and let the Carcillo experiment go.

Gagne-Richards-Ryan
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Giroux-Asham or JVR-Giroux-Ryan
Lappy Betts Powe

Bertuzzi would be welcomed on Richards line.

Old
06-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Guest123

Quote:
At least you are a realistic flyers fan unlike that dude on the first page who is a total homer I have been disappointed with Parent, but considering we pretty much got him Upshall, Timonen, Biron and Hartnell for Forsberg its ok, it was like we made up for that Lindros deal haha.
We will never make up for that Lindros deal unless we win next year.

COL won the cup with Forsberg. We failed in 97

Old
06-16-2010, 12:30 PM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Why would the Flyers be adding something so significant as Parent when Carter is at least as good as Ryan, if not better?

I could see:

To PHILADELPHIA: Bobby Ryan + 1st 2010 (PHI)
To ANAHEIM: Jeff Carter + Ryan Parent
I see what you are saying but the only way this proposal is working is if it is one for one. I am a Flyers fan and would be happy with Carter for Ryan. I don't see whereas either Parent is worth a first or Carter is that much better than Ryan so the first is to off set the difference. Reality is Carter for Ryan fits, skill wise, salary wise, age wise and potential wise, the Parent and 1st are just unrealistic parsley.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
I see what you are saying but the only way this proposal is working is if it is one for one. I am a Flyers fan and would be happy with Carter for Ryan. I don't see whereas either Parent is worth a first or Carter is that much better than Ryan so the first is to off set the difference. Reality is Carter for Ryan fits, skill wise, salary wise, age wise and potential wise, the Parent and 1st are just unrealistic parsley.
I'll agree with this.

Straight up is pretty close.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
We will never make up for that Lindros deal unless we win next year.

COL won the cup with Forsberg. We failed in 97
Im saying in terms of getting 5 players back for him, I cried when we lost in 97 and held it in this year because i was in the presence of like 5 girls haha. But the thing is Carcillo is young, plays hard, and showed he has offensive ability, all of his goals were pretty much highlight reel this year. Asham, I like him dont get me wrong, and he showed he has the hands, but like i said I would rather keep the younger guy and put him on the 4th line. you can't drop Ryan to a 3rd line role. Imagine we trade Gags and have Richards with Ryan and Giroux. That would be marvelous haha. But yea man I love Bertuzzi and he is great at being a big body in front and has hands and can produce when he is healthy.

Old
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Pass from this Duck fan. I just don't really like Carter's game, he's just not the type of guy you win with IMO. Not to mention he's going to be looking for a lot of money come next off season.

Good value on the trade proposal though. But think about it, we could get Kaberle for Ryan instead!

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Emerald Duck

I would pass on this proposal too.

--On the Ducks, Carter is a 2nd line center with 2nd PP time (behind Getzlaf, Perry and Selanne). Worse, Carter is a scoring center, not a playmaker, so how are we going to maximize Selanne for one more year (assuming he returns) on the second line ?

--Carter is going to be expensive to re-sign. I don't see him automatically accepting less money for his next deal just because Holmgren overpaid him on this one. If the Ducks (as people are suggesting) are having problems signing Ryan to a new deal, then we've just kicked the can down the road for one year.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
Pass from this Duck fan. I just don't really like Carter's game, he's just not the type of guy you win with IMO. Not to mention he's going to be looking for a lot of money come next off season.

Good value on the trade proposal though. But think about it, we could get Kaberle for Ryan instead!
Problem is the next year you would lose Ryan,Selanne,Neidermayer

That's a lot of offense. If you trade Ryan for a dman... who is going to replace Ryan and Selanne?

Old
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Problem is the next year you would lose Ryan,Selanne,Neidermayer

That's a lot of offense. If you trade Ryan for a dman... who is going to replace Ryan and Selanne?
Obviously the sarcasm smiley didn't do it for you, but I was being facetious about trading Ryan for Kaberle.

I'm hoping the Ducks just sign Ryan and leave it at that.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
Obviously the sarcasm smiley didn't do it for you, but I was being facetious about trading Ryan for Kaberle.

I'm hoping the Ducks just sign Ryan and leave it at that.
Yeah I'm working and not paying attention to that. My bad. But I figured with all the rumors flying around.. that was a legit trade offer if Ryan does not sign.

Old
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Up7Yours

vCash: 50
Wow. Philly fans want the Ryan trade and Anaheim fans don't. It takes agreements from both sides, and just accept it, it isn't happening.

Up7Yours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Come on man are you a Flyers fan? Do you watch them every night? Tell Me Carters lazy play and fear of the corners doesn't bother you. tell me his career 6% shooting percentage isn't absurd for a "sniper". It would be lower if they counted the times he shoots the puck high and wide. I just feel as though he has a ******** of value, and Ryan is a great young player who puts up similar numbers. Tell me Carter was not invisible in the playoffs aside from his 2 goal game in round 1. Tell me you were not pissed when he had the chance to seal game 6 on an open left side of the net and instead, being the sniper he is goes right and hits Niemi in the head, even if it didnt hit his head it was going over the net. Its things like that, that make a "star" player feel worthless. I honestly feel he really messed with the chemistry by returning to the lineup, Richards and Gags did nothing with him on their line.
You are out to lunch here.Sounds to me like you have issues with Carter that are more on a personal nature. There is not one team in the league that would not want to have Jeff on their team. Get with the program. Maybe a troll in disguise.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:19 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
You are out to lunch here.Sounds to me like you have issues with Carter that are more on a personal nature. There is not one team in the league that would not want to have Jeff on their team. Get with the program. Maybe a troll in disguise.
Not a troll at all man, I have been a die hard Flyers fan since I came out of the womb, Im the guy at the stadium that we get a bad rap for because I heckle fans of the other team, and I go to their stadiums and continue to heckle them. I just feel Carter is really overrated, I am not a biased homer. I think Hartnell is over paid as well, but played with all the heart in the world in the cup. I am realistic about players and how they play, just because I am a Flyers fan doesn't mean I can't criticize our players, and its to the point where I will admit Crosby is the best player in the NHL regardlesss of hating him or being our rival, its called not being a homer and being a hockey fan. You are telling me you wouldn't rather have Ryan? You are telling me Carter did not mess up the chemistry of the first line, you know the Mike Richards that led us in scoring until the cup where he was invisible? Seriously, I'm not a troll, I just speak my mind on players.