HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Devils Interested In Semin? (NON BRODEUR)

Old
06-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Crimson Devil*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
Although I would agree that this rumor is ridiculous, I will say that three consecutive first round bounces doesn't fly and the Devils will probably have an interesting off season.
Lose Kovalchuk.
Lose Martin.

Yeah, real interesting offseason ahead for us.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:37 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
The whole point of trading for Semin would be to get Kovalchuk to stay.

Then what happens? Semin is not a better player than either Parise or Kovalchuk. Are you going to trade significant assets just to have your returning player be buried on the 3rd line?

I suppose Semin could play the off wing, but even then Zajac is the only quality center who could feed him the puck.

And what happens when that isn't enough and Kovalchuk leaves anyway? Parise/Semin is a nice 1-2 punch a left wing but it still doesn't address our needs at center or defense.

Is Semin REALLY that big of an upgrade over Patrik Elias, a proven playoff performer who still produces very well and is one of the best two-way wingers in the game, to warrant moving considerable assets to a rival powerhouse team in your own conference?
Elias is 34 and on the downtrend, Semin is 26 and on the uptrend. Semin was a much better player than Elias last season. Extrapolate.

That said, I don't think Semin is the answer for the Devils. Bending over backwards to meet Kovy's demands and sign or trade for all his Russian friends didn't work out for Atlanta even when they all had great seasons- why would it work for New Jersey? I honestly don't think Kovalchuk is worth tearing your team apart for at this point.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:31 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

The Devils don't need ANOTHER LW.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofgrond View Post
The Devils don't need ANOTHER LW.
I agree that there is nothing to this rumor and it's a crap rehash of an Eklund lie. Semin, though, plays right wing for the Caps, predominantly.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:44 AM
txpd

this isnt going to happen, but.....nj needs offense. turning your nose up at a guy in the top 10 in the league in goal scoring is counter productive.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote