HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

QO's Due 6-28

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
  #1
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
QO's Due 6-28

Since there hasn't been much news on the Habs, thought I would get a little discussion going. The RFA's have to get their QO's by the 28th.

RFA's
Carey Price
Maxim Lapierre
Sergei Kostitsyn
Tom Pyatt
Benoit Pouliot
David Desharnais
Brock Trotter
Cedrick Desjardins
Mathieu Carle
Mikael Johansson
JT Wyman
Michael Busto
Ryan Russell
Greg Stewart


Last edited by montreal: 06-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
  #2
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Busto and Stewart (I think I may be alone on this) go unqualified.

Johansson is probably qualified just to retain his rights.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:22 AM
  #3
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Busto and Stewart (I think I may be alone on this) go unqualified.

Johansson is probably qualified just to retain his rights.
I could see them just letting Johansson go. I never got to see Busto play so I don't know what the plans are for him. I'd bring Stewart back but who knows what they will do with him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
  #4
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I could see them just letting Johansson go. I never got to see Busto play so I don't know what the plans are for him. I'd bring Stewart back but who knows what they will do with him.
I figured they would just let Lahti go as well but they qualified him...who knows. I don't know if there is much risk of Johansson coming over for another team...I would think not.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
  #5
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Carey Price
- $2,500,000.00 per season

Maxim Lapierre
- $1,250,000.00 per season

Jaroslav Halak
- Trade

Sergei Kostitsyn
- Trade

Tom Pyatt
- $900,000.00 a season

Benoit Pouliot
- $1,500,000.00 a season

David Desharnais
- $750,000.00 per season

Brock Trotter
- $750,000.00 per season

Cedrick Desjardins
- $750,000.00 per season

Mathieu Carle
- $750,000.00 per season

Mikael Johansson
- $750,000.00 per season

JT Wyman
- $750,000.00 per season

Michael Busto
- $750,000.00 per season

Ryan Russel
- $750,000.00 per season

Greg Stewart
- Trade

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
  #6
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
^^^^

Calm down lol Pouliot get's 800-900k

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
  #7
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Maxim Lapierre
- $1,250,000.00 per season

Tom Pyatt
- $900,000.00 a season

Benoit Pouliot
- $1,500,000.00 a season
Pretty significant overpayments

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 05:19 AM
  #8
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,809
vCash: 500
Qualifying Offers

Did habs give them out yet or any news that they are in the process of doing so? I haven't heard any news but some teams have. Curious to know if they extend an offer to Sergei Kostitsyn.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 05:32 AM
  #9
Hank Scorpio
Registered User
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
As far as I know, all has been quiet regarding contract talks. Plekanec's agent apparently came out a couple days ago and says talks have gone well but he's been saying that since January.

Hank Scorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 07:48 AM
  #10
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,365
vCash: 500
You'd think that they would have signed Price before trading Halak... or at least very shortly afterwards.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 08:19 AM
  #11
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
You'd think that they would have signed Price before trading Halak... or at least very shortly afterwards.
Watch us end up losing both goalies in the end

Although I'm sure PG will sign him. But with Halak gone, I think Price is going to make more than he would have if Halak stayed. I think he should have signed Price before dealing Halak.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 08:38 AM
  #12
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Watch us end up losing both goalies in the end

Although I'm sure PG will sign him. But with Halak gone, I think Price is going to make more than he would have if Halak stayed. I think he should have signed Price before dealing Halak.
How can we lose Price, exactly?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 08:53 AM
  #13
Jiggernaut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stittsville, ON
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Carey Price
- $2,500,000.00 per season
Price made ~$1 million last season (2/8 bonuses).

If he gets a QO, and doesn't sign a longer deal, it should be in the ~1.5 range or less.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:01 AM
  #14
Bulis hit
Registered User
 
Bulis hit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
I don' think they will re-sign Busto... Why would they? His name?

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:11 AM
  #15
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis hit View Post
I don' think they will re-sign Busto... Why would they? His name?
Depth. They currently only have three defensemen under contract for Hamilton, Weber, Nash and Klubertanz. Granted if they think that Belle, Henry and Benoit are coming back then that they don't need said depth as much but since the three are UFA's we don't know what is the plans for them. I could see Carle back with the Dogs as well, despite having to clear waivers, since injuries have hampered him every year he's been a pro.

But like I said in this thread, I've never seen Busto play so if he completely sucks then I'm sure they would just cut him lose. But since they traded for him perhaps they will keep him around for the ECHL in case injuries hit, unless they have some CHL overager in mind or some FA from the NCAA.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
  #16
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Did habs give them out yet or any news that they are in the process of doing so? I haven't heard any news but some teams have. Curious to know if they extend an offer to Sergei Kostitsyn.
They will give a QO to Kostitsyn just to keep his rights, even if he choose to play in Europe.

Quote:
Depth. They currently only have three defensemen under contract for Hamilton, Weber, Nash and Klubertanz. Granted if they think that Belle, Henry and Benoit are coming back then that they don't need said depth as much but since the three are UFA's we don't know what is the plans for them. I could see Carle back with the Dogs as well, despite having to clear waivers, since injuries have hampered him every year he's been a pro.

But like I said in this thread, I've never seen Busto play so if he completely sucks then I'm sure they would just cut him lose. But since they traded for him perhaps they will keep him around for the ECHL in case injuries hit, unless they have some CHL overager in mind or some FA from the NCAA.
Busto wasn't even able to make the Cyclones. I think that he was included in the trade because of a contract thing. He is gone and I don't think he is even good enough to get an AHL contract.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:02 AM
  #17
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Busto wasn't even able to make the Cyclones. I think that he was included in the trade because of a contract thing. He is gone and I don't think he is even good enough to get an AHL contract.
Well to be fair he was injured most of the year, but I can't say if he's good enough for an AHL contract or not as I never bothered to watch any of the 9 games he played this year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
  #18
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Depth. They currently only have three defensemen under contract for Hamilton, Weber, Nash and Klubertanz. Granted if they think that Belle, Henry and Benoit are coming back then that they don't need said depth as much but since the three are UFA's we don't know what is the plans for them. I could see Carle back with the Dogs as well, despite having to clear waivers, since injuries have hampered him every year he's been a pro.

But like I said in this thread, I've never seen Busto play so if he completely sucks then I'm sure they would just cut him lose. But since they traded for him perhaps they will keep him around for the ECHL in case injuries hit, unless they have some CHL overager in mind or some FA from the NCAA.
I certainly hope they offer Belle a contract before he hits the
open market.He seems to be improving enough to be a solid
seventh D kind of guy. I wonder if he could learn to play wing.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
  #19
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,830
vCash: 500
Watch Montréal **** up a la Blackhawks last year, where their players almost became UFAs.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
  #20
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Watch Montréal **** up a la Blackhawks last year, where their players almost became UFAs.
I'm not even sure you're capable of getting the irony in your post.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.