HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo

Old
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Carcillo

Where does he fit in next season? Does he at all? I am sure he isn't too happy with being benched in the Finals and depending on what goes on in the offseason I'm not too sure Lavy and Homer have him in their plans any more. I, for one, will be devastated if Carcillo leaves town.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 01:38 PM
MCAKES

vCash: 500
dude was hurt and playing like dick. honestly a good 4th line guy but if we dont resign him its no big deal

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 01:38 PM
DMadd

If Asham doesn't resign, on the right side of Giroux and JvR

DMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMadd View Post
If Asham doesn't resign, on the right side of Giroux and JvR
...no. If they want to continue the Giroux as 3rd line center plan, then they should try to find a veteran guy that can help out offensively (Recchi would be ideal, IMO, if he continues to play and could be signed).

Frankly, outside of entertainment value... there isn't a huge upside to having Carcillo around. He improved a lot this year, but remains ideally suited to a 4th line role (the Lappy-Betts-Carcillo line was great together), but I'm not sure I want Powe out of the lineup.

I also loathe divers and Carcillo is an exhibit A culprit on that front.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I'm surprised all the sudden that Carcillo is falling out of favor with a lot more fans of late. I guess losing a 2nd rounder and Upshall won't sit too well if down the road he's traded, scratched more often than playing, or just dumped. Kind of a steep price for a 4th liner

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:45 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I'm surprised all the sudden that Carcillo is falling out of favor with a lot more fans of late. I guess losing a 2nd rounder and Upshall won't sit too well if down the road he's traded, scratched more often than playing, or just dumped. Kind of a steep price for a 4th liner
Don't kid yourself - it was a steep price on the day the trade was made. That a 2nd rounder was even included was a joke then, and really sucks now.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Jester

Quote:
I think you're forgetting how much people loathed that deal when it happened. Carcillo has had a loud group of supporters, but also a quiet group that was never "fans" of his game. He grew on me this year with his improved play, but I was never a fan of his diving and he took that to new heights during the playoffs.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Don't kid yourself - it was a steep price on the day the trade was made. That a 2nd rounder was even included was a joke then, and really sucks now.
Oh I was none to happy at the time and definitely insulted when they threw in the 2nd rounder which was due to cap compensation for taking on Upshall's slightly large contract at the time. It was similar to having to sweeten the pot for Anaheim to take on Lupul's inflated contract. We lost an extra pick because of that. Anyway, Carcillo definitely wasn't without a price in that initial year....team chemistry was really rattled by the loss of Upshall. Losing a key faceoff man in Metropolit and a servicable D man in Vaananen at the trade deadline to fit in Briere and Giroux wasn't helpful either. Then of course, Carcillo against the Pens had some really boneheaded plays that cost us a game or 2. He made up for most of that with this year's effort but I guess the jury is still out...

Old
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Oh I was none to happy at the time and definitely insulted when they threw in the 2nd rounder which was due to cap compensation for taking on Upshall's slightly large contract at the time. It was similar to having to sweeten the pot for Anaheim to take on Lupul's inflated contract. We lost an extra pick because of that. Anyway, Carcillo definitely wasn't without a price in that initial year....team chemistry was really rattled by the loss of Upshall. Losing a key faceoff man in Metropolit and a servicable D man in Vaananen at the trade deadline to fit in Briere and Giroux wasn't helpful either. Then of course, Carcillo against the Pens had some really boneheaded plays that cost us a game or 2. He made up for most of that with this year's effort but I guess the jury is still out...
Outside of the OT goal he scored vs New Jersey, can you perhaps point out some of the great things he did to help the Flyers this year?

I take that back. He was good on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. For a while, they were a fantastic 4th line, until he got bumped up to the first line (which still makes me ill).

I was just reading through the Upshall trade thread - pretty much everyone hated that the 2nd rounder was included. I still don't see where the Flyers are better with Carcillo than they were with Upshall. Holmgren ****ed the pooch on managing the salary cap so badly that year, and he hasn't improved a hell of a lot since.

But since we're on the topic, I'd love to hear from all those Flyers fans who figured he was good for 20-25 goals a year. He spent more time than he should have on the top line, and yet STILL only managed 12 goals and 22 points. Where are you guys now??

Old
06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Mr Oysterhead

I like what he brings to the table for an aggressive firestarter. He can play defense and has shown some offensive acumen as well. For someone that is dubbed a "fourth liner" he did a fine job filling in on the top line when called upon. He isn't pricey and you could tell whenever he was interviewed how lucky he feels to be playing for the Flyers. I think you should keep guys like that around.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Outside of the OT goal he scored vs New Jersey, can you perhaps point out some of the great things he did to help the Flyers this year?

I take that back. He was good on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. For a while, they were a fantastic 4th line, until he got bumped up to the first line (which still makes me ill).

I was just reading through the Upshall trade thread - pretty much everyone hated that the 2nd rounder was included. I still don't see where the Flyers are better with Carcillo than they were with Upshall. Holmgren ****ed the pooch on managing the salary cap so badly that year, and he hasn't improved a hell of a lot since.

But since we're on the topic, I'd love to hear from all those Flyers fans who figured he was good for 20-25 goals a year. He spent more time than he should have on the top line, and yet STILL only managed 12 goals and 22 points. Where are you guys now??
Nothing major sure that is true except maybe his big goal in the playoffs where he was all surprised. However, through most of the horrible Jekyl and Hyde season he was one of the few that put out a consistent effort and worked...that was appreciated by a lot of the fans. He's definitely a character guy and has redeeming qualities and flashes of skill but indeed still a work in progress ..especially mentally!

Old
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Have any of the Carcillo critics on here ever tried to skate with a sports hernia before? Didn't think so.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think you're forgetting how much people loathed that deal when it happened. Carcillo has had a loud group of supporters, but also a quiet group that was never "fans" of his game. He grew on me this year with his improved play, but I was never a fan of his diving and he took that to new heights during the playoffs.

I hated the diving as well. I'm sure after harsh criticism it will be removed from his skill set. He's an improving player with muscle that doesn't cost much and loves playing here.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Everyone knows my position here and how I feel about Scottie. Believe me he would not have been benched in the playoffs. Upshall was a Flyer through and through. I was hoping that Dan would change my mind. But except for some flashes here and there he did Nada for me.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Have any of the Carcillo critics on here ever tried to skate with a sports hernia before? Didn't think so.
I guess he had it since day one here?

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:53 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Is that why he didn't get 20 goals this year?

Old
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Is that why he didn't get 20 goals this year?
You were expecting Carcillo to score 20 goals?

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Breeze 44

He's a third liner here next year and he I for one hope he is here. He was sat during the blackhawk seies because Lavy saw that the refs were giving bull###* calls against him and couldn't risk it, it's not like JVR tore it up in these play-offs while playing for him. Homer needs to go off on the officiating and some of the calls that are made aginst Carcillo although I think he will be better at picking his spots next season.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
You were expecting Carcillo to score 20 goals?
Oh, I wasn't.

But there was a very vocal group who knew that Carcillo was going to be a complete asset to the Flyers, score 20-25 goals, and not take stupid penalties.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

He is a spare part. He has a role, but is easily replaceable with a less volatile personality. If someone wants him, they should cash in (especially if the return is a goaltender)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
He's a third liner here next year and he I for one hope he is here. He was sat during the blackhawk seies because Lavy saw that the refs were giving bull###* calls against him and couldn't risk it, it's not like JVR tore it up in these play-offs while playing for him. Homer needs to go off on the officiating and some of the calls that are made aginst Carcillo although I think he will be better at picking his spots next season.
Which will never change. He has been getting these calls since he entered the league... and continue will get these kinds of calls. Its a risk where the negatives he brings outweights the positives.

He is like a dog on a chain. You have to control him or he does something bad. There is no reason a team needs that kind of player. I for one hopes he doesnt get resigned. This though doesnt mean what I think is gonna happen. You can easily tell Lavy really likes him. He will be back with probablly a 2 year contract. And he will get suspended 2-3 more times in the next 2 years.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
That's what happens dude. Carcillo got away with a fair bit himself with his diving. Guys like him, it will catch up to you.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Top 5 in the league in minors drawn compared to minors taken. So, yeah.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think you're glossing over the exceptionally vocal group which has a massive aneurysm at his slightest misstep. He gets the strictest scrutiny of any player on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I like what he brings to the table for an aggressive firestarter. He can play defense and has shown some offensive acumen as well. For someone that is dubbed a "fourth liner" he did a fine job filling in on the top line when called upon. He isn't pricey and you could tell whenever he was interviewed how lucky he feels to be playing for the Flyers. I think you should keep guys like that around.
This is the biggest thing for me. Kid loves to be a Flyer, and wants nothing more. You keep guys like that around.

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't.

But there was a very vocal group who knew that Carcillo was going to be a complete asset to the Flyers, score 20-25 goals, and not take stupid penalties.
Honestly this is a pretty gross exageration, I don't remember anyone seriously saying (tongue and cheek/rabble rousing aside) that they actually expected him to be a 20 goal player.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
RoDu

He's damaged goods, in the sense the refs don't like him, don't take any guff from him, and he looses control and takes a bad penalty because of it

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote