HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo

Old
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
Top 5 in the league in minors drawn compared to minors taken. So, yeah.
Doesn't always work in the playoffs though when they stop calling penalties and have coaches working the refs over a 7-game series. We saw in Games 5 and 6 vs Chicago that Chris Pronger was playing with different rules than Games 1-4.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Totally Radivojevic

vCash: 500
4th in the NHL in penalties drawn compared to penalties received. FOURTH.

FOURTH.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Centauris*

uhhh

he really did not take that many bad penalties in my opinion..

other than the 9 minute powerplay.. he wasn't that bad during the season

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
4th in the NHL in penalties drawn compared to penalties received. FOURTH.

FOURTH.
I'm not one to go crazy over stats but that is a very good one. Detractors will say they hate diving, but do they hate it more than results?

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
jb**

Carcillo is really irrlevent to the flyers success or lack there of

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:34 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I'm not one to go crazy over stats but that is a very good one. Detractors will say they hate diving, but do they hate it more than results?
They hate Carcillo more than the results.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Doesn't always work in the playoffs though when they stop calling penalties and have coaches working the refs over a 7-game series. We saw in Games 5 and 6 vs Chicago that Chris Pronger was playing with different rules than Games 1-4.
Still, the Carcillo penalty talks are overblown. I remember him drawing calls in the playoffs, too.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Honestly this is a pretty gross exageration, I don't remember anyone seriously saying (tongue and cheek/rabble rousing aside) that they actually expected him to be a 20 goal player.
There were several who said he was a 20 goal scorer. I can't remember who, and at the time I had no idea what that was based on, and still don't. But they were around.

I don't hate Carcillo. I liked him on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. But he has no business being on the top line, ever. That, and the diving, I do have a problem with.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I'd be surprised if we entered the reg season with both Asham and Carcillo. I'd also be a bit surprised if we entered the year with neither. I'd rather have Asham but I suspect Carcillo will stay and Asham will go. His offense etc isn't my beef, it's the dumb penalties. When he focuses on just playing hockey I actually like him quite a bit. Over a long regular season guys with his energy are nice to have, but I'm on the fence whether he's worth the it for the extra curricular stuff he does.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Still, the Carcillo penalty talks are overblown. I remember him drawing calls in the playoffs, too.
And then it stopped. He got hurt also, but someone specifically pointed out the Blackhawks series. On top of that you have people in Boston, and national media members writing blogs crying about how they could possibly let Carcillo get away with all this diving. Combine that with the fact that the rules change later in the playoffs, which has absolutely nothing to do with any one player's rep.

Old
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
There were several who said he was a 20 goal scorer. I can't remember who, and at the time I had no idea what that was based on, and still don't. But they were around.

I don't hate Carcillo.
I liked him on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. But he has no business being on the top line, ever. That, and the diving, I do have a problem with.
Then, honestly, you've changed your mind.

I don't think I'm too delusional in my support, but I really do think he's more than just a fourth line player. Not saying he should play higher, but that he's the type of depth guy who's value is higher because his energy is infectious.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Then, honestly, you've changed your mind.

I don't think I'm too delusional in my support, but I really do think he's more than just a fourth line player. Not saying he should play higher, but that he's the type of depth guy who's value is higher because his energy is infectious.
You're right. I'm still not a huge fan, but I did admit a couple of months ago that he's grown on me.

Energy players are a dime a dozen, and I still don't quite understand the love he gets. I don't hate him, but I wouldn't be torn up if he weren't a Flyer either (other than Homer completely pissing away a 2nd rounder). If he does stay a Flyer, then I want him on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. They were great.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
You're right. I'm still not a huge fan, but I did admit a couple of months ago that he's grown on me.

Energy players are a dime a dozen, and I still don't quite understand the love he gets. I don't hate him, but I wouldn't be torn up if he weren't a Flyer either (other than Homer completely pissing away a 2nd rounder). If he does stay a Flyer, then I want him on the 4th line with Lappy and Betts. They were great.
A 'dime a dozen' is a bit of a stretch, but yes, energy players are relatively easy to come by. Carcillo, though, has a special way with the Philadelphia crowd that I haven't seen in very many players. And I think, for a team which clearly feeds off of the energy in that building, this value cannot be underestimated.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
MsWoof

He has to stop the diving and screaming at refs because they're just waiting to call him on it. There is no point in keeping him on the team if he is just going to take one penalty after another. I liked him a lot this year but when he started the dumb stuff and didn't stop, I started to cool off on him.

The biggest reason to keep him is for photoshop. There is nobody on the team who has better facial expressions than he does!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Vandersmear

I think its important to note how much Lavi cares about Carcillo. Him saying sitting Danny was one of the hardest things he has had to do as a coach in addition to Hulk-smashing the glass behind the bench after the weak charging call lead me to believe he has faith in what Danny can and does bring to the team. Sure he will make bone headed decisions but thats what you get with a player that emotional who cares about winning. I think it would be a mistake for the Flyers to let him walk as he is inexpensive and fits the team's personality so well. Also, even though the game didn't end the way it should have, this will always be one of the most awesome moments for me as a hockey fan:

Vandersmear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I hate that most of you ****ers only hate Carcillo because we got him for Upshall.

It's not his ****ing fault he got traded here. Why hate him for that? He's a good asset. He can agitate, fight, and will be cheap.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I hate that most of you ****ers only hate Carcillo because we got him for Upshall.

It's not his ****ing fault he got traded here. Why hate him for that? He's a good asset. He can agitate, fight, and will be cheap.
Now see, this is the common misconception of alot of people. Its not because we traded Upshall. We said other things, but then it comes back to the damn Upshall thing. Personally, I liked Upshall, but him being injured all the damn time was annoying me. Carcillo and just his dumbness is annoying me.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:23 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Carcillo will be back next year. I think he'll be on the 4th line with Betts and Lappy. There are multiple reasons he will be back next year. The first is that we gave up a guy that the majority of fans loved for him who is now having success in Phoenix along with a 2nd round pick. That would be terrible asset management by Holmgren (but it's not like we haven't seen that before). The second and what I think is even more relevant is that the majority of fans really like him. Don't underrate what influence the fans can have. Exhibit A, Riley Cote. They kept him on the team purely because he was a fan favorite. Third, it seems like this team always feels the necessity to have an "enforcer" on the team.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
Outside of the OT goal he scored vs New Jersey, can you perhaps point out some of the great things he did to help the Flyers this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-h_KNrJtw

Last edited by FlyersCup08: 06-17-2010 at 09:22 PM.
FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post

I hate that most of you ****ers make this dumbass comment whenever anyone brings up the subject.

It has nothing to do with Upshall. It has everything to do with the 2nd rounder, and not making the team any better than it was before the trade. How is that so hard to understand?

Old
06-17-2010, 06:58 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Carcillo will be back next year. I think he'll be on the 4th line with Betts and Lappy. There are multiple reasons he will be back next year. The first is that we gave up a guy that the majority of fans loved for him who is now having success in Phoenix along with a 2nd round pick. That would be terrible asset management by Holmgren (but it's not like we haven't seen that before). The second and what I think is even more relevant is that the majority of fans really like him. Don't underrate what influence the fans can have. Exhibit A, Riley Cote. They kept him on the team purely because he was a fan favorite. Third, it seems like this team always feels the necessity to have an "enforcer" on the team.
Cote was left on the team because Holmgren couldn't find it within himself to send him to the minors.

And fan-favorites don't mean anything. He's no more a favorite now than Upshall was then and he still traded Upshall.

Old
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-h_KNrJtw

Dunno how to post YouTube clips...Is there more to it than wrapping in [YT][/YT?

Delete the = sign and everything to the left of it and you're golden.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:08 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Cote was left on the team because Holmgren couldn't find it within himself to send him to the minors.

And fan-favorites don't mean anything. He's no more a favorite now than Upshall was then and he still traded Upshall.
exactly, also cote makes 550k. they have no one else that cheap to take a roster spot. They will not keep a guy because he is "fan" fvaorite. total garbage

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

For a team that was capped out, it's not criminal to keep Cote on the team if you're in need of that emergency player when you can't get someone from the Phantoms to the game in time. Because he'd be more OK with that than someone who actually can play.

Old
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
BrindamoursNose

It amazes me what one playoff season does to a fan base.

Before the playoffs started, perhaps roughly half-way through the season...Everyone loved Daniel Carcillo.

What's changed? The fact that the refs seemed to target him during the CHI series? The fact that he didn't produce late in the playoffs due to his injuries?

Does everyone forget that Carcillo is a fast, rough, agitating force that draws as many/more penalties than he takes? He's also talented enough to play and compliment our most skilled players.

I 100% want him back as opposed to Asham, and I love Asham's game. I just think Carcillo is that great of a fit here.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote