HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

1987 Canada Cup Games on DVD

Old
07-14-2012, 08:46 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
We'll never see 81 because Canada lost.
Prove it.

See? All part of the plan.

A little more on topic: I have the dvd set and recently watched the finals between canada and russia again.. sooo much talent on those teams!

Real good hockey to watch too.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:50 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
Kind of unrelated, but does anyone know if there will be a DVD of the 2010 Olympics?
I know it's been about 2 years since you've asked this question, but in case you're still looking....

Voila:

Every mens Team Canada game from the 2010 Olympics, plus the women's gold medal game. It's available in both DVD and Bluray format.

HMV has the five disk DVD version of the set for $19.99 now and $29.99 for the five disk Bluray version.

I have the Bluray edition. Bought it for around $90 when it first came out. The games look so so sick in full HD. I can't remember what all the bonus features are, normally I'd go look for you but all my Blurays are packed since I'm moving soon. I do know you can watch the games without commentary IIRC.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Mainly just Canada and Russia.

'Tis interesting though IMO that you brought up a link for http://www.worldhockeydvd.50megs.com/about.html. I recognize the name and email of that "Jeff Gogo" that you would contact via email to order stuff from the site as he is the guy who was selling that "7 disk Canada Cup '87 set" on Ebay that turned out to be nothing but games burned to blank disks according to item feedback from someone that was stupid enough to buy from him. Plus given how unsafe his site looks in general, it really makes ya wonder IMO. Like is all of his stuff burned to blank DVD's or what? Looks pretty scam-ish to me.

How extensively covered is game 3 in that highlights DVD? I.E. is it the last 10-15 minutes of the game totally uninterupted or? And what's the audio and visual quality of the footage and highlights like? Obviously I know it wouldn't be in HD but I assume the quality of sound and picture are good yes? Lemme know more about that ASAP dude as there's very few copies of that highlights DVD left, where I plan to buy it.
I have ordered from Jeff Gogo's site and found it to be really high quality and really reasonably priced. For most individual games, the last I checked (I haven't ordered in a few months), Jeff was charging $9.99 per game, plus shipping cost. Shipping was within a few days, depending on the size of the order, and the quality was really excellent. What you get are complete games, but he also has a list of documentaries that he sells as well. I am not a partner of his or anything, but seeing his integrity and quality challenged is unfair to him. I am a happy customer!

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote