HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Plekanec to Flames e4

Old
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Hmm... Good point. Had no idea Langkow's injuries were that bad. I hope Langkow is alright.
there was a recent article (you might find it on the Flames board) where Sutter said Langkow will be cleared for contact in July... but I remember Langkow's comments after the injury, it shook him up bad... he might be physically able to compete but that man's family is everything to him and when he is choking back tears talking about how he was scared for his family for seeing it happen... you know the thought of leaving the game has to be there

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Pleks and Halak gone...Marleau will be a Hab. Book it.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano75 View Post
so say 1 Flames scout and 1 Habs scout say the Flames have contacted the Habs about Plekanec... then he's isn't lying or making it up... and considering the Flames need help down teh middle it wouldnt be too hard to find 2 people in he organization saying the Flames are going to try and land Plekanec

people seem to think his scale rates how close a deal is to being done... but in reality all it does is rate the quality of source
the sources would be the red-headed step child of the assistant water boy and Darryl Sutter. Can't believe what either of them ever say.[/QUOTE]and you know this how? he was right about the Flames trying to get Bouwmeester, he was right about them being interested in Jokinen... he has been right in several situations involving the flyers and/or preds (at least their deals together)...

what I find amusing is your speculation of his contacts is ECATLY the same thing you are mocking him for...

Old
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
DownInFlames

Something like Ian White for Thomas Plekanec and a conditional 1st or 2nd if Plekanec walks?

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Something like Ian White for Thomas Plekanec and a conditional 1st or 2nd if Plekanec walks?
extremely unlikely... I can see something like Plekanec for Nystrom and a 3rd/4th

Old
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
extremely unlikely... I can see something like Plekanec for Nystrom and a 3rd/4th
Isn't Nystrom a UFA?

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:14 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I really want to know, as I think many fans on here do as well.

When, exactly was the last time Eklund was right on a trade or a signing BEFORE it had actually been confirmed by a source?

Can anyone dig that up for me and my fellow HF'ers?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Jano75

Quote:
the sources would be the red-headed step child of the assistant water boy and Darryl Sutter. Can't believe what either of them ever say.
and you know this how? he was right about the Flames trying to get Bouwmeester, he was right about them being interested in Jokinen... he has been right in several situations involving the flyers and/or preds (at least their deals together)...

what I find amusing is your speculation of his contacts is ECATLY the same thing you are mocking him for...[/QUOTE]

Nearly every team in the league was after JBO, Sutter just offered the most for his rights. And everyone in the entire league new that Sutter wanted Jokinen for about 2 years before he finally got him. I don't know much about the Flyers/Preds rumours in the past so I can't comment there. Just saying that he is right maybe once out of every 100 or so rumours he starts. You'd think he'd have a better success rate with all of his "contacts".

Jano75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Isn't Nystrom a UFA?
so is Pleks. It's similar to the Bouwmeester deal from last year. Not a bad idea, although I'm not sure Montreal would have a use for Nystrom with Moen around.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I really want to know, as I think many fans on here do as well.

When, exactly was the last time Eklund was right on a trade or a signing BEFORE it had actually been confirmed by a source?

Can anyone dig that up for me and my fellow HF'ers?
He's actually been pretty good with Flames rumors. Phaneuf, Bouwmeester and Jokinen he was correct about. I guess if you throw enough stuff at the wall something might stick.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Isn't Nystrom a UFA?
yes, so is Plekanec... its like the Bouwmeester deal last year... Bouwmeester for Leopold and a 3rd... both skaters being pending UFAs

Old
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
TAFLames

I see no reason why sutter would go after a middle range center man for more than 5M a season. IMO why wouldn't he spend 2M more an get an elite centerman. Sutter is wasting his time for a player that would be useless in the organization. So who cares? It EKLUND!

TAFLames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Jano75

Quote:
yes, so is Plekanec... its like the Bouwmeester deal last year... Bouwmeester for Leopold and a 3rd... both skaters being pending UFAs
Suppose he pulled this one off, Plekanec is going to demand a pretty decent contract, how's Sutter going to slip that under the cap? And Langkow retiring isn't a good enough scenario, because until it happens, that's way too many "ifs".

Old
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Suppose he pulled this one off, Plekanec is going to demand a pretty decent contract, how's Sutter going to slip that under the cap? And Langkow retiring isn't a good enough scenario, because until it happens, that's way too many "ifs".
they would have until October to figure it out

Old
06-17-2010, 05:05 PM
BigHabs

Montreal

Plekanec

for

Calgary

Moss
3rd or 4th round pick

I think this would be a bit better than Nystrom, I think Montreal would want a player like Moss who can score a bit and is young. Nystrom we already have in Moen so I could see a deal like this happen. This helps Montreal and Calgary in a sense that their bottom 6 would be complete, they get 1.3 from Moss but save the possible 3.7 which would of paid Pleks 5mill if thats what he asks for, on top of the capspace they have available now and the 2mill extra that the cap is to go up by. This could get them the big center they need as they definetly would have the money for it then if Pleks is gone and now Halak is gone and he was probably looking at 4mill per.

I doubt anything comes out of it though.

He can E4 a Plekanec deal, but couldn't or wasn't even anywhere in the same boat as the real pro's for finding rumors out, when it came to the Halak deal when it was broke.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Pacem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Montreal

Plekanec

for

Calgary

Moss
3rd or 4th round pick

I think this would be a bit better than Nystrom, I think Montreal would want a player like Moss who can score a bit and is young. Nystrom we already have in Moen so I could see a deal like this happen. This helps Montreal and Calgary in a sense that their bottom 6 would be complete, they get 1.3 from Moss but save the possible 3.7 which would of paid Pleks 5mill if thats what he asks for, on top of the capspace they have available now and the 2mill extra that the cap is to go up by. This could get them the big center they need as they definetly would have the money for it then if Pleks is gone and now Halak is gone and he was probably looking at 4mill per.

He can E4 a Plekanec deal, but couldn't or wasn't even anywhere in the same boat as the real pro's for finding rumors out, when it came to the Halak deal when it was broke.
You're not going to get a signed player and a pick for a UFA. The reason Nystrom has been suggested is because he's likely priced him self out of staying with the Flames and he's a UFA. It'd be a trade similiar to what Calgary did to get Bouwmeester.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Jano75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Montreal

Plekanec

for

Calgary

Moss
3rd or 4th round pick

How about take Kotalik as well? Not a center, but he's big, and according to Sutter he's a top guy.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
alx83*

Just got a text from TSN, Plekanec has signed a two year deal, $4 million.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
The Elper

p.s. - it rained all day in Calgary , as well
HF looks bad putting up Eklund rumors .......
Eklund also says " Harvey the hound going to San Diego for the CHICKEN !!!!!!! E3.5

The Elper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
Really?

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Jano75

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
Maybe $4M per season. Still haven't seen anything on it, but it wouldn't surprise me much to see this. It would be another Eklund success story.

Kudos to Wheatking if this is true though.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
CHill Seeker

eklund must have missed the direct quotes from pleks agent saying that negotiations were going very well. but then again he doesn't read french lol

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Maybe $4M per season. Still haven't seen anything on it, but it wouldn't surprise me much to see this. It would be another Eklund success story.

Kudos to Wheatking if this is true though.
pleks' deal will be much longer. he will sign for less in montreal to get longer terms.

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:57 PM
BillR10

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
according to http://www.hockeybuzz.com/faq.php

"E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.
E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1ís. It could be several E1ís.
E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.
E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.
E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet."
That's what he claims but in reality
E1-Eklund had a dream about it
E2-Someone pranked called his house
E3-It worked on his NHL 10
E4-His dog picked it
E5-Its been reported as done on at least 5 other sites

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:58 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Really?

Not a chance. No way he goes for a 2 year deal that low. I'd be looking for at least 4 years.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote