HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If a fan boos Price at the Bell--Tell them to shut it!

Old
06-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Fans in MTL are just bipolar and they forget quickly. Price can be compare to Jesus again before the season start and I won't be surprise if Halak get boo if the Blues come to the Bell center this year

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:06 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Now that Halak is gone, fans won't boo Price that much. Fans boo'ed Price because they wanted Halak in net
And they still do want Halak in nets.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Enough now

Support this kid, he is not a flake, he is not a bum, he is not a wash out

HE IS YOUNG, 21.

let's support the kid, don't let fans boo him, show some class and support ...

that is what true fans are about, and that builds the kid's desire to dominate.
Interesting and I agree with what you are saying

But did you feel the same way when Thibault was getting far worse treatment from Hab fans? Or did you support the booing and mistreatment of Thibault?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Fire Brunet*

bash the ppl bashing him on canadiens page on facebook

we are maybe 3-4 that understands the sport
others are fake ***** saying they wont watch the canadiens anymore and their new team is st louis
**** them fake fans they will be the first to lick his...pads... when he will steal games

its not this kids fault give him a rest for crying out loud

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Good points! However, if Hal Gill can win the donkeys over, surely the hell Price can do it.

Whitesnake,....you must be on cloud 9 about us acquiring a 6foot1 Centre and probably our best prospect at the position since Koivu. What a difference a year makes with Eller and Leblanc now in the system!
I'm ecstatic....if we find a way to play him on the center position. Not only tall, but talented as well. I really really like Eller. I still believes he needs to become stronger, so I hope him and Pouliot hit the same gym.... but people will soon learn who Eller is all about.

As far as your Hal Gill, well it's true. Though, again, you do know how we treat our goalie. Gill can make mistakes.....there's the goalie out there that can help you not being booed by making a tremendous save.....Price won't have that.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
And they still do want Halak in nets.
Like i said they will forget quickly. Fans wanted Kovalev sign last summer some fans did a rally but he still received boo's when he played here last year and now no one care about him

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is....I love how the majority believes and thinks that our crowd is one of the most stupidest one and then really believe they'll support him.

The majority of this fanbase is not perplexed right now. They're mad. Habs fans and crowd isn't the most brillant in the world. Way too emotional, us included, we all know that...

Well we ALL know that except.....the Habs management. Gainey is suppose to know how we see our goalies here. That they are the only player on the ice. He is suppose to know that we are awaiting for the next one. So not only he present Price as the chosen one with the way he conducts his progression.....but now Gauthier announces it clearly.

And people are really expecting that this crowd, who has made Halak is favorite Habs since I don't remember who, will totally be behind Price and not boo him whenever they'll have a chance?

I mean, we ALL know how stupid it will be.....right? But you seriously believes they will support him? Why can't people face the facts? Unless Price starts with 5 shutouts in a row, they will not support him. Price is TOTALLY a case of a guy that would develop much better elsewhere. He's doomed unless he plays like a hero from the 1st game in preseason. Price better have a great preseason.....stupid enough to think isn't it? But that's EXACTLY what people have in mind....at least the more vocal ones.

I'm pissed off about those fans....totally pissed off and we have to stop saying how this crowd and those fans are THE BEST ever 'cause we're not. BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. Why the heck would that organization not recognize it?
I agree...I really think that Price would have a easier time developing somewhere else. I'm actually quite surprised that he was the goalie that was kept around. You gotta give credit to management as it would have been the easy thing to trade Price after the playoff Halak had...Unless of course Halak is asking for a king's ransom.

I don't know if Price needs support as much as he needs people to get off his back. I'm really glad we shipped Halak to the other conference as I was really scared that Price was somehow going to end up in NJ and own us like Brodeur has since...well...forever. Hopefully he can keep his head together and things go well. A good start will do wonders, but he needs to work at consistency. I can't count the amount of times where someone's put the stat together of how Price is a top 5 goalie in the NHL for a one or two month span. Problem is that he can't keep it up.

I really hope that the team didn't make a bad move as your post states above...How could they not realize that the fans are only going to get on him more?

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:18 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Maybe they won't boo him, but I'm sure they will sing "HA-LAK-HA-LAK" at every Price's bad goal. And I don't blame them. I think Price's career has been very badly managed by the Habs organization since he's in Montreal. They've put all the hopes and all the pressure in the world on his shoulder at a very early age. Much too early. And now many fans don't like him, and probably never will.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I wish this was better handled by Habs management. The whole thing put a lot of pressure on Price's shoulders for next season.

You would think when they decided to go with Halak in the season and all the way in the playoffs that he would be their guy. That everybody in the organization would agree with this. If their guy was Price it should have been Price in net.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:06 AM
HABsurde

I will be boing the living crap out of Price, My goalie was Halak and if wonder boy doesn't live up to his promises, i will not go easy on the guy

If you want to tell me to shut up, i'm the 6'2 - 335 pounds guy in 120 EE 6 or 7

That being said, i will boo Pierre Gauthier much harder, than i would Carey, it's not his fault if a wannabee GM traded one of the fans biggest hero and put on Price a ton of pressure he didn't deserve...

Some people for no particular reason were just hating Latendresse, i feel the same toward Price.

You can't like every player on a team.....

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

My name is Natedawg and I support this message... 100%

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:36 AM
ILuvLucic*

Meh, it won't happen if he performs well. But Pierre Gauthier has made a lot of people pissed by trading away the player that contributed the most to our success in the playoffs.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:56 AM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
When the crowd will boo Price, they won't really boo Price the player. They will boo the Habs management for how they managed the goalie situation (once again) and their favorite player.

I know that for a lot of you, a good fan is a fan that says the team can't do no wrong. But when you trade the only player that made anyone believe in this team, people will get mad.

And I will totally understand if they start to chant Halak during games where it's obvious they made a stupid move.

To put Price in that situation is so dumb. Blaming the crowd is even dumber. The man responsable for all that is Gauthier. Not the crowd or the "bad" kind of fans.

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:31 AM
stamchene

If CP doesnt have a good start next year. get him to play in AHL for atleast the first 10 games and see how he do after AHL.

stamchene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:40 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamchene View Post
If CP doesnt have a good start next year. get him to play in AHL for atleast the first 10 games and see how he do after AHL.
I hope this is a joke

Sending Price to the AHL basically tells the fans, players and Price himself : ''ok, we screwed up BADLY''

Nevermind that he'd probably have to clear weavers. Who would be our starter anyways? Desjardins or whatever washed up backup goalie we sign?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:43 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I hope this is a joke

Sending Price to the AHL basically tells the fans, players and Price himself : ''ok, we screwed up BADLY''

Nevermind that he'd probably have to clear weavers. Who would be our starter anyways? Desjardins or whatever washed up backup goalie we sign?
Correct, he'd have to clear. Even if Price never develops into what we thought/predicted, he'll always be an NHL caliber goaltender. It'll suck if he's nothing more than a #1B/backup, but he'll never be an AHL type goalie.

Desjardins is interesting, but needs a lot more time. He's a proven winner though. I know he faultered in the playoffs, but it was his first full season in Hamilton really. And he should of been given the chance. The AHL is to develop and letting Sanford play was kind of pointless, IMO.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:58 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Now that Halak is gone, fans won't boo Price that much. Fans boo'ed Price because they wanted Halak in net
Yeah we need to sign like Fukufuji as our new backup to stop that hehe

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
The reality of the situation is this, Halak did what no other player on our roster was capable of doing for seventeen years. No, he did not do so by himself. He had an excellent shot blocking crew led by the beast man Hal Gill, however we are deluding ourselves if we claim our team would have downed Washington and Pittsburgh without the miraculous play of Jaroslav Halak. With this in mind, Price has to play up to and beyond Halak's level for the fanbase to even consider favoring him once again. Halak became the darling of the city, the favorite hab, the Koivu/Kovalev for many people and accepting his departure will not be an easy thing. Worse is Price is known to be favored to obsession by the organization.

While I personally dislike the trade, I do hope for the best out of Price. Could care less frankly about it being for the team's sake. I am hopeful for the kid himself, because if he falters this city is going to devour him whole like nothing ever witnessed, and you are delusional if you believe otherwise. They turned on him last season when Halak was just your regular backup, and they will do so again.

Time to prove you can handle the pressure Carey, you were just tossed to the wolves. I wish you all the best, knock 'em dead!

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:36 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Enough now

HE IS YOUNG, 21.

He is 23, if he do not perform well Gauthier and more (Timmins...) will be fired next season. Medias will be all over the management, especially if Halak continue to be great (like .920+) and Price collapse (we saw that more than once...).

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:11 AM
marchabsfan

the fans have to do this, that, etc.

why dont price just stops pucks, not throw it to the opponent behind its back, not lift his arm in the air...

the reaction, if any, he deserves it.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Rickkins

Quote:
Enough now

HE IS YOUNG, 21.

Yanno, I do hope he finds his groove, despite the fact that I doubt that he will. The bottom line is quite simple: If he plays well, fans will support him. If, on the other hand, he stinks up the place, they will not...it's as simple as that.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 07:00 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

not even 24H since the trade and it's damn annoying already... all over the Habs board...

feel for the kid
dont boo him
poor Carey
yada yada yada

seriously, get over yourselves...

the kid got the life style we all dream of having (happens when you're rich and famous), was given the #1 spot on a silver platter, have the support of everyone in the org, is set to sign a more than decent contrat...

are we supposed to be sorry for him or what... seriously...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 08:00 AM
BBrowser

Réjean Tremblay has been calling him a drunk on air all day. Expext booing and the Halak Halak chant in september.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
the fans have to do this, that, etc.

why dont price just stops pucks, not throw it to the opponent behind its back, not lift his arm in the air...

the reaction, if any, he deserves it.
He stopped 1135 pucks this year.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Prudentius

I'm gonna boo Price and anyone from the management whenever they step on the ice until Gauthier is fired and Price traded.

It's not really Carey's fault but I wish hell to break loose just so the management can be in the spotlight and Pierre Gauthier to be exposed as a terrible GM, just as most of us expected.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote