HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If a fan boos Price at the Bell--Tell them to shut it!

Old
06-18-2010, 09:08 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
As a Halak fan who hasn't been to please with Price as of late, I still think the kid will bounce back and stupid fans should just shut their ****ing mouths. He's young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I'm gonna boo Price and anyone from the management whenever they step on the ice until Gauthier is fired and Price traded.

It's not really Carey's fault but I wish hell to break loose just so the management can be in the spotlight and Pierre Gauthier to be exposed as a terrible GM, just as most of us expected.
Pretty sure Gainey gave his input.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Enough now

Support this kid, he is not a flake, he is not a bum, he is not a wash out

HE IS YOUNG, 21.

let's support the kid, don't let fans boo him, show some class and support ...

that is what true fans are about, and that builds the kid's desire to dominate.
Personally, I'm not into "booing" players - especially young players playing any position.

But don't you worry.............as long as he is wearing a Montreal uniform, Carey Price will never have to earn anything or be accountable for poor play....the Habs have handed him everyrhing since he has arrived in Montreal!

Good Luck Pierre Gauthier and especially Jacques Martin..........I think you are both going to need a lot of it!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:33 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
I will be boing the living crap out of Price, My goalie was Halak and if wonder boy doesn't live up to his promises, i will not go easy on the guy

If you want to tell me to shut up, i'm the 6'2 - 335 pounds guy in 120 EE 6 or 7

That being said, i will boo Pierre Gauthier much harder, than i would Carey, it's not his fault if a wannabee GM traded one of the fans biggest hero and put on Price a ton of pressure he didn't deserve...

Some people for no particular reason were just hating Latendresse, i feel the same toward Price.

You can't like every player on a team
Thats what I find stupid. I've never booed a player on the Habs, I don't understand it. I have always and will always cheer for the Crest on the jersey, not for just a particular name or number on the back. It's not Carey's fault that he was traded, it was managements decision (could be an awful one but it was theirs to make).

I loved Komisarek when he was a Hab now I hate him because of the Leaf on the front of his jersey.

I hate Lucic and the B on his jersey, but if he somehow became a Hab then I would love him because of it.

I think that it's bull, I'm a fan of the Habs before any particular player.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Darth Joker

I think that fans at the game should be patient and realistic, and at least give Carey some wiggle room (i.e. if he has a couple bad games at home early in the season, don't boo him for that alone), but if Carey ends up having a year no better than last season (or, Heaven forbid, worse than last year) then I honestly can't fault fans for booing him late in the season during bad games at that point.

Next season really is 'put up or shut up' time for Carey Price and his most fervent supporters, imo. It's time. He has loads of NHL experience, and he's going to be 23 next year. The organization chose him over the much more successful Halak, based on his potential and his considerable NHL experience up to this point.

Well, now it's time for Price to either sink or swim. The organization has been plenty patient with him, and is clearly giving him every opportunity.

At some point, he either turns out to be the guy that so many folks here thinks he will be, or he turns out to be at least a partial bust. A partial bust because Natey is right: he's always going to be a NHLer. Even a flakey Price is good enough for that.

If Price is really the great franchise goalie that many people here believe that he is, then we'll see that next season.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:46 AM
MicroFracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I'm gonna boo Price and anyone from the management whenever they step on the ice until Gauthier is fired and Price traded.

It's not really Carey's fault but I wish hell to break loose just so the management can be in the spotlight and Pierre Gauthier to be exposed as a terrible GM, just as most of us expected.
Lol, you're the dude who told everyone here that Price was doing coke in the Old Port all the time and that you had PICTURES TO PROVE IT.

Why am I not surprised to read this from you then?
And where are those pictures?

And now that Halak is traded, you want to trade Price? How does that make sense?

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:47 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
its not obvious?? they arent HABS fans, and these people should not even be listened to responded to anymore
Amen sir......amen

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I think that fans at the game should be patient and realistic, and at least give Carey some wiggle room (i.e. if he has a couple bad games at home early in the season, don't boo him for that alone), but if Carey ends up having a year no better than last season (or, Heaven forbid, worse than last year) then I honestly can't fault fans for booing him late in the season during bad games at that point.
Yeah boo the guy for losing 2-1 on a goal that hamrlik bowled him over for and leaving staal open at the side of the net, while getting 3rd star. Completely justified, or the buffalo game where the team folded like a cheap tent in the last 3 minutes.

He didnt get booed when he wasnt playing well, he was getting booed at the player intros.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Yeah boo the guy for losing 2-1 on a goal that hamrlik bowled him over for and leaving staal open at the side of the net, while getting 3rd star. Completely justified, or the buffalo game where the team folded like a cheap tent in the last 3 minutes.

He didnt get booed when he wasnt playing well, he was getting booed at the player intros.
Booing a guy for getting a 3rd star selection is incredibly stupid, yes. That was truly dumb.

But this is how I look at it: The Bell Center Habs fans (i.e. the fans that actually attended the Habs home games) clearly showed a preferance for Halak over Price. Gauthier decided to buck that, deal the obvious fan favorite, and go with the potential of Price. Well, it's only natural for the fans to be a bit pissed over that. You can only shout "Fifth overall pick potential!" so long before it has to start amounting to something tangible out on the ice.

If Price bounces back, great. Awesome. I really hope that he does bounce back, for everybody's sake (especially his).

But if he doesn't bounce back, and goes on to have a bad season, he's going to be booed, and I can't really blame the Bell Center fans because they made it pretty clear that Halak was their man. It's unfortunate for Price, but that's just the way it is.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Booing a guy for getting a 3rd star selection is incredibly stupid, yes. That was truly dumb.

But this is how I look at it: The Bell Center Habs fans (i.e. the fans that actually attended the Habs home games) clearly showed a preferance for Halak over Price. Gauthier decided to buck that, deal the obvious fan favorite, and go with the potential of Price. Well, it's only natural for the fans to be a bit pissed over that. You can only shout "Fifth overall pick potential!" so long before it has to start amounting to something tangible out on the ice.

If Price bounces back, great. Awesome. I really hope that he does bounce back, for everybody's sake (especially his).

But if he doesn't bounce back, and goes on to have a bad season, he's going to be booed, and I can't really blame the Bell Center fans because they made it pretty clear that Halak was their man. It's unfortunate for Price, but that's just the way it is.
Doesnt even matter most people arent even giving him a chance, they are going to relentlessly boo him, you think they will wait til the inevitable bad goal goes in?

Old
06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
And if a fan diss your boii Price, Drop him like it's hot, Drop him like it's hot.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:29 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
Thats what I find stupid. I've never booed a player on the Habs, I don't understand it. I have always and will always cheer for the Crest on the jersey, not for just a particular name or number on the back. It's not Carey's fault that he was traded, it was managements decision (could be an awful one but it was theirs to make).

I loved Komisarek when he was a Hab now I hate him because of the Leaf on the front of his jersey.

I hate Lucic and the B on his jersey, but if he somehow became a Hab then I would love him because of it.

I think that it's bull, I'm a fan of the Habs before any particular player.
I tend to agree it's not his fault, but he has the weight of this team on his shoulder and he must not fail or else it's him and not Gauthier that will suffer the consequences.... ROY was booed, Theodore was booed, so if he sucks, people will boo him...

I have problem with the hypocracy of a lot of habs fans on this board, they would not booed or would insult people who say they will or might, but they criticizes strongly every decision made by the organisation that don't feel good to them...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
You are booing a goalie for malcontent you have with a GM, thats like me taking it out on you if you work for a huge company and the CEO ****s up.
First of all the answer wasn't for you, and second, i here ya, i'm maybe pushing the enveloppe as i don't tend to spent my time booing Price, i'm just saying that i prefer Halak, i don't approve of the trade and since i've never had a soft spot for Carey, the leash will be very short on him...

I can believe the superiority complex some people have on this board, many, many people are angry against this trade, and if Price doesn't perform to the level expect and people at the Bell Center boo him... People here keeps saying that they are wrong like if the people in here were so much better... Don't be fouled, If Carey doesn't play to the level Gauthier expect him, and that is some high level if he was willing to trade a fan favorite and the guy who had a lot to say for our team reaching the semi's, a lot of people will tear him a new one in here, but they will still have the nose high on people booing at the Bell Center which is basically the same, instead that they are paying big dollars to do so...

Old
06-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

If CoolasPrice organize a rally at Habsurde work I'm in

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Perrah

Quote:
First of all the answer wasn't for you, and second, i here ya, i'm maybe pushing the enveloppe as i don't tend to spent my time booing Price, i'm just saying that i prefer Halak, i don't approve of the trade and since i've never had a soft spot for Carey, the leash will be very short on him...

I can believe the superiority complex some people have on this board, many, many people are angry against this trade, and if Price doesn't perform to the level expect and people at the Bell Center boo him... People here keeps saying that they are wrong like if the people in here were so much better... Don't be fouled, If Carey doesn't play to the level Gauthier expect him, and that is some high level if he was willing to trade a fan favorite and the guy who had a lot to say for our team reaching the semi's, a lot of people will tear him a new one in here, but they will still have the nose high on people booing at the Bell Center which is basically the same, instead that they are paying big dollars to do so...
I realize it wasnt for me I was just trying to get an actual discussion going about it. If price ***** the bed (sub 900 tonnes of soft goals) by all means, but if hes playing at a respectable level (.912 is respectable in my opinion) booing is just ********. Halaks value could never be higher really, good time to trade him because if price overtook him next year he isnt worth much. Sometime the team has to take the blame for a loss and the only time that was true this year was the nashville game and san jose game(in prices case).

Old
06-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Carey Chant

vCash: 800
When Price starts letting in a couple softies that deflect off 5 legs and the kitchen sink to go in I will be there to start the "JARO...JARO" chants so he remembers what management gave up to make him the #1 in Montreal.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
lol.. trust me i have more pitty for a man(supposedly) who will attend games to boo a goalie who plays for the very team he cheers for and the GM.. the GM you go ahead and boo the GM in the Bell Center and see the reaction you get.. you're a very ambitious fellow, i think the only who requires any pity around here is you. IF your not happy with the team, GO CHEER FOR ST LOUIS
Okay wise guy, let say that after the first 10 games, Carey play's 8, he's 2-5-1 with a GAA of .316 and a save% of 880, that Schultz is in Hamilton (where he would be anyway) and Eller is the reincarnation of Playoff Pouliot what are you going to do? if you're not at the Bell Center you cannot boo, that is for sure... will you be here criticizing Eller, Price and Gauthier? Most likely... so give it a rest...

Old
06-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
When Price starts letting in a couple softies that deflect off 5 legs and the kitchen sink to go in I will be there to start the "JARO...JARO" chants so he remembers what management gave up to make him the #1 in Montreal.
Haha I dont think anything needs to be said here, although I dont believe you know what a soft goal is. Bad luck isnt a softy.

Old
06-18-2010, 11:11 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Interesting and I agree with what you are saying

But did you feel the same way when Thibault was getting far worse treatment from Hab fans? Or did you support the booing and mistreatment of Thibault?
no never booed thibault, he got thrown in a bad scene, replacing Roy?

that was a balls up trade from the word go.

hurt the habs for years

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Enough now

Support this kid, he is not a flake, he is not a bum, he is not a wash out

HE IS YOUNG, 21.

let's support the kid, don't let fans boo him, show some class and support ...

that is what true fans are about, and that builds the kid's desire to dominate.

Price will be 23 next year and it will be his 4th year with the team.....no room for anymore excuses!!!!

If he plays like garbage, I will booo him to no end.....he was drafted high for a reason, the guy has obvious talent but he needs to get his head into it and play hockey. I hope he turns things around and actually tries to earn his #1 job, but we'll have to wait and see how he does next season.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:14 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I never put up... So technically, the fact that you protect yourself from Price by several rows of seats and a glass cage makes you not put up...

Seriously though, if you feel the need to boo a player who still needs a full year as a starter, then maybe hockey isn't the sport for you.
i get your point and it would be perfectly logical if he was the only options, but Halak was there, was the alternative, and as proven more in pro hockey now then Price... that being said, i concede that he's not all responsible for the situation, but since we can boo GM...

By the way people in here were really not cool with Latendresse since day one and going further... where were you to tell people to give him a year of experience? (not saying you were dishing Lats, just asking...)

Old
06-18-2010, 11:15 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalakRulz View Post
Price will be 23 next year and it will be his 4th year with the team.....no room for anymore excuses!!!!

If he plays like garbage, I will booo him to no end.....he was drafted high for a reason, the guy has obvious talent but he needs to get his head into it and play hockey. I hope he turns things around and actually tries to earn his #1 job, but we'll have to wait and see how he does next season.
How easy is it to ease in to your job when idiots are telling him how much he sucks?

It may be his fourth year, but he still needs a full year as a starter, he's still fresh, and people like you make it extremely hard to make rookie mistakes, which he'll eventually learn from.

Old
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Haha I dont think anything needs to be said here, although I dont believe you know what a soft goal is. Bad luck isnt a softy.

Missing an easy shot or being out of position and letting in a flukey goal is the same as letting in soft goals. Bad goals deflate the team and he needs to be better at that.
Nobody is perfect, but Halak was rarely caught out of position and a lot of pucks hit him that he didn't see or that were deflected because he was in good position. Price needs to learn to use his big frame and not move around the crease too much and get caught out of position. If he can learn to stay in position and square to the puck, he'll do just fine.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalakRulz View Post

next time you make a mistake at your job site, when your boss is all over you, remember what you just said

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Gainey is only keeping Price because of where he was drafted. Not saying Halak is better but c'mon how about Carey's "great" series against Boston last year and Halak's dominance up until they played Philly...

committedindian86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:20 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
i get your point and it would be perfectly logical if he was the only options, but Halak was there, was the alternative, and as proven more in pro hockey now then Price... that being said, i concede that he's not all responsible for the situation, but since we can boo GM...

By the way people in here were really not cool with Latendresse since day one and going further... where were you to tell people to give him a year of experience? (not saying you were dishing Lats, just asking...)
If you search my post history, you can probably find me at the beginning of the season expecting 20 goals from Lats, and never once bad mouthing him. I wasn't sad when he was traded, but I wasn't jumping for joy either. I also didn't expect a full power forward at 22, that's for sure.

Anyways, Halak has nothing to do with Price. It's not his fault that he gets forced in the ring of fire. He's our goalie now, and by no fault of his. We have to live with it, and support him, because Jaro ain't coming back. He's an enemy to the team right now, and either you can support Price, or the next few seasons are going to be rough.