HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If a fan boos Price at the Bell--Tell them to shut it!

Old
06-18-2010, 11:20 AM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Can you clarify what the level expected is in your opinion?
if we trade Halak assuming he could do a better job than him, i expect no less than as good as Halak or even a bit better, which might be unrealistic depending the number of game he will play...

I would never agree on booing a guy for a 2-1 loss or will never agree that at the first game when the puck is drop for the first time some in the higher up will right away start screaming Halak, Halak

but if in couple of games in a row he let one softie a game, and mostly, like it as seem this season, if the team underperform when he's in net.... he will be the scape goat...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:20 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Gainey is only keeping Price because of where he was drafted. Not saying Halak is better but c'mon how about Carey's "great" series against Boston last year and Halak's dominance up until they played Philly...
as i recall Pierre Gauthier is our GM now

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I have a feeling Price will receive a huge ovation at opening night

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Haha I dont think anything needs to be said here, although I dont believe you know what a soft goal is. Bad luck isnt a softy.
Price is a MASTER of bad luck goals. He can make the biggest save only to let in a soft deflection through the legs on the next shot.

As well, how many times does Price let in a good goal? "He had no chance on that one, it was the d-man's fault!" etc. Halak could bail us out on lots of those opportunities to keep his team in the game.

Either way, I got sick of Price when he stunk it up in the playoffs and was happy to have some consistent goaltending with Halak. Price can't handle the pressure in Montreal and Halak could handle it and we traded him away.

I hope Price plays well to save his sanity because if he stinks it up he's really going to enjoy the shower of boos the fans will give him when he doesn't play well.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:24 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Sorry to jump in, but what most people are saying is that, yes, if CP plays TERRIBLE (bottom 5 goalie in the league, sub 900, etc), sure... let's start asking serious questions...

HOWEVER, the problem with a LOT of Habs bandwagon fans (who didn't know who Eller was 18 hours ago and didn't know who Halak was 12 months ago) is that they will boo Price no matter what, even if he plays a good game (and keeping a .912 withouth Markov was good IMO). Mark my words, if Price is 9th or 10th overall in the league next year in GAA and SV%, some people on here will still ***** and boo (not necessarily you, just saying)... And THAT'S the problem with a lot of Mtl fans. They feel entitled to it just because they pay. No one is forcing you to go to the games. If you hate a player so much, either take a few years off from hockey, or cheer for another team. You don't have to agree with all the decisions, no one does, but to actually pray for the team's or a specific player's failure is beyond ridiculous (again, not necessarily you, but you know there are a lot of people here who wish just that).

PS Your example of the food, this situation is like the people who yell at a waiter/waitress and make a scene because their steak is overcooked....
That's why i said i would talk to the manager and complain, i would not make a scene over it... then again if i paid 300$ for a steak, i would expect it to be like i ask, and like the Price situation, the person to complain about would be the chef (or Gauthier) instead of the waiter (Price) but one is there and the other one isn't

Old
06-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
Price is a MASTER of bad luck goals. He can make the biggest save only to let in a soft deflection through the legs on the next shot.

As well, how many times does Price let in a good goal? "He had no chance on that one, it was the d-man's fault!" etc. Halak could bail us out on lots of those opportunities to keep his team in the game.

Either way, I got sick of Price when he stunk it up in the playoffs and was happy to have some consistent goaltending with Halak. Price can't handle the pressure in Montreal and Halak could handle it and we traded him away.

I hope Price plays well to save his sanity because if he stinks it up he's really going to enjoy the shower of boos the fans will give him when he doesn't play well.
Halaks stunk up his fair share of goals, he just isnt a big target like price was for whipping. Remember the colorado game when they lost and price made some ridiculous save and then a rebound save because a dman went to the corner trying to fight someone that hammered Gomez and the 3rd one got put in yeah Price got blamed. Ridiculous isnt it? Thats why price never gave up a good goal unless it was 2 on 0 or something he got blamed, even then he would have had to make the first save.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
That's why i said i would talk to the manager and complain, i would not make a scene over it... then again if i paid 300$ for a steak, i would expect it to be like i ask, and like the Price situation, the person to complain about would be the chef (or Gauthier) instead of the waiter (Price) but one is there and the other one isn't
But not being able to talk to the chef or manager does not give you the right to insult and berrate a waiter... just like if you're POed at PG, you have no right to take it on Price or any other player.

But hey we've seen similar threads before. How many people on here wanted to boo Gomez out of town before he even stepped foot in the Bell Centre because they hated the trade?? How many people wanted to boo Gill out of town last summer??

Good ol' Habs fans!!!

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
If you search my post history, you can probably find me at the beginning of the season expecting 20 goals from Lats, and never once bad mouthing him. I wasn't sad when he was traded, but I wasn't jumping for joy either. I also didn't expect a full power forward at 22, that's for sure.

Anyways, Halak has nothing to do with Price. It's not his fault that he gets forced in the ring of fire. He's our goalie now, and by no fault of his. We have to live with it, and support him, because Jaro ain't coming back. He's an enemy to the team right now, and either you can support Price, or the next few seasons are going to be rough.
Enemy of the team? are we in a war or something? you know what, i'm a hockey fan who lives in Montreal, i will never dislike a player or a team cause they are not Montreal... If Carey does is job, i will not like him more but will have nothing to say, if he doesn't, since i don't like the guy, it will be easier to fall on his head... That being said, Go Habs Go

Old
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

If you go to a restaurent and they change something about you're steak you might complain one time but if you continue to return to that restaurant and ask again and again for you're old steak maybe the chef will tell you to go somewhere else and on top of that that restaurant have like 500 people waiting at the door to take you're table.

Old
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Enough now

Support this kid, he is not a flake, he is not a bum, he is not a wash out

HE IS YOUNG, 22. coming 23.

let's support the kid, don't let fans boo him, show some class and support ...

that is what true fans are about, and that builds the kid's desire to dominate.
Hopeless in a way because some folks boo under the stupidest circumstances. In any case I agree with what you are saying

Booing because of things beyond the kid's control is mindless. So booing him because Halak got traded falls under that category.

The kid has behaved extremely well through all of this. Zero complaints. Heard nothing from his agent (who is his agent?). Time to support the kid and give him a fair shake in thick and thin. Then again you could say that about a lot of players

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I'm gonna boo Price and anyone from the management whenever they step on the ice until Gauthier is fired and Price traded.

It's not really Carey's fault but I wish hell to break loose just so the management can be in the spotlight and Pierre Gauthier to be exposed as a terrible GM, just as most of us expected.
If Price plays like absolute garbage, then I can't fault you for booing him because I'd probably be tempted to also. But I hope that you'll cheer him if he plays well.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:39 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
But not being able to talk to the chef or manager does not give you the right to insult and berrate a waiter... just like if you're POed at PG, you have no right to take it on Price or any other player.

But hey we've seen similar threads before. How many people on here wanted to boo Gomez out of town before he even stepped foot in the Bell Centre because they hated the trade?? How many people wanted to boo Gill out of town last summer??

Good ol' Habs fans!!!
are you telling me that you've never booed or criticize any Habs player in your life if they didn't play to the level you expected?

Because he's the Habs goalie, even if he plays like crap, we are not to talk about if or let it be known?

This year, some people were ******** on Price, others on Halak, but since Halak is gone, all hail Price? Let's just hope his new backup is really bad so we don't have to go back to a ??? vs Price debate all year long

Old
06-18-2010, 11:41 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
When Price starts letting in a couple softies that deflect off 5 legs and the kitchen sink to go in I will be there to start the "JARO...JARO" chants so he remembers what management gave up to make him the #1 in Montreal.
So, if they traded Price instead and Jaro started "letting in a couple softies that deflect off 5 legs and the kitchen sink to go in", would you be starting a Carey Carey Carey chant?

Old
06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
If you go to a restaurent and they change something about you're steak you might complain one time but if you continue to return to that restaurant and ask again and again for you're old steak maybe the chef will tell you to go somewhere else and on top of that that restaurant have like 500 people waiting at the door to take you're table.
And why would i gave my table for one of the 500 waiting if i got problem with the steak, but not the appetizers, the wine, the dessert, the ambiance etc... Damn, i like to eat at the Canadiens, and if the chef can provide what he promises and there is no other restaurant in my town, i shall continue to go there and complaint if they cannot offer me what the menu promises...

(By the way, really like the analogy...)

Old
06-18-2010, 11:46 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
are you telling me that you've never booed or criticize any Habs player in your life if they didn't play to the level you expected?

Because he's the Habs goalie, even if he plays like crap, we are not to talk about if or let it be known?

This year, some people were ******** on Price, others on Halak, but since Halak is gone, all hail Price? Let's just hope his new backup is really bad so we don't have to go back to a ??? vs Price debate all year long
So we want a bad backup to avoid controversy? What are you talking about?

How about moving forward and simply boo a player when he deserves it and leave it at that.

Frankly I don't boo players for any team I support. It makes sense on no level. Booing the collective group when appropriate makes more sense. Even then that is rare as far as I am concerned. It has to be something extreme.

Old
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:

Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said, if Price DOES **** the bed, then yes people can complain. But to start booing Price, before the season even started, because you are pissed at PG is dumb as hell...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Enemy of the team? are we in a war or something? you know what, i'm a hockey fan who lives in Montreal, i will never dislike a player or a team cause they are not Montreal... If Carey does is job, i will not like him more but will have nothing to say, if he doesn't, since i don't like the guy, it will be easier to fall on his head... That being said, Go Habs Go
We're in a war for the cup. And once or twice a year, Halak is going to be an obstacle to get those extra points to finish higher in the standings.

Also, I like this move, but you don't, and you're putting the blame on an innocent player. You have as much right to boo Tom Pyatt for this trade as you do Carey Price.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
I will be boing the living crap out of Price, My goalie was Halak and if wonder boy doesn't live up to his promises, i will not go easy on the guy
If you want to tell me to shut up, i'm the 6'2 - 335 pounds guy in 120 EE 6 or 7

That being said, i will boo Pierre Gauthier much harder, than i would Carey, it's not his fault if a wannabee GM traded one of the fans biggest hero and put on Price a ton of pressure he didn't deserve...

Some people for no particular reason were just hating Latendresse, i feel the same toward Price.

You can't like every player on a team.....
You're going to "boing" him and not take it easy on him? That sounds disgusting...

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
booing any player because another player got traded is pathetic
Boo Mark Messier because Gretzky got traded
give me a break

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:56 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said, if Price DOES **** the bed, then yes people can complain. But to start booing Price, before the season even started, because you are pissed at PG is dumb as hell...

And who talk about booing Price before the season or if he play's well?

this thing is going everywhere... all i started to say is that i'm a Halak fan, and if Price does not live up to the promises, i have the right to boo him if i feel like it, responding to the opening thread saying to tell the people who would boo Price to shut up... My point being, people have the rights to boo if they want too and the other fans should just take care of their own business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
You're going to "boing" him and not take it easy on him? That sounds disgusting...
well you are the funniest one yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
We're in a war for the cup. And once or twice a year, Halak is going to be an obstacle to get those extra points to finish higher in the standings.

Also, I like this move, but you don't, and you're putting the blame on an innocent player. You have as much right to boo Tom Pyatt for this trade as you do Carey
Price.
what the heck is this, i'm not blaming Price, i just don't like him, i will not boo him for the sake of booing him, i will boo is performance if they are subpar compare to what we could have expected from Halak....

why would i boo a 4 line player... oh yeah, he as the same impact as the # 1 goalie on the biggest franchise in hockey.... If Carry would have had the work ethic that Tom Pyatt shows since we saw him for the first time, i probably would not dislike him so much

Old
06-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
And why would i gave my table for one of the 500 waiting if i got problem with the steak, but not the appetizers, the wine, the dessert, the ambiance etc... Damn, i like to eat at the Canadiens, and if the chef can provide what he promises and there is no other restaurant in my town, i shall continue to go there and complaint if they cannot offer me what the menu promises...

(By the way, really like the analogy...)
Ok but if you are the only one to complain the chef won't take you in consideration. And if half of the clients are not happy with the new steak they will probably say I like the appetizers,wine,dessert too much I can live with the new steak.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok but if you are the only one to complain the chef won't take you in consideration. And if half of the clients are not happy with the new steak they will probably say I like the appetizers,wine,dessert too much I can live with the new steak.
But if many costumers dislike the taste of the steak, because the steak is not as good as the one provided before that everyone like, yeah they will like the appetizers, wine, dessert but they will still want the restaurant to provide a better main dish...

that said in Montreal, people will complain about the steak and the will call it BC AAA beef best in town after three good serving...

Old
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
But if many costumers dislike the taste of the steak, because the steak is not as good as the one provided before that everyone like, yeah they will like the appetizers, wine, dessert but they will still want the restaurant to provide a better main dish...

that said in Montreal, people will complain about the steak and the will call it BC AAA beef best in town after three good serving...
I want a steak who can lift the Cup!

Old
06-18-2010, 12:27 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
what the heck is this, i'm not blaming Price, i just don't like him, i will not boo him for the sake of booing him, i will boo is performance if they are subpar compare to what we could have expected from Halak....

why would i boo a 4 line player... oh yeah, he as the same impact as the # 1 goalie on the biggest franchise in hockey.... If Carry would have had the work ethic that Tom Pyatt shows since we saw him for the first time, i probably would not dislike him so much
Coaches constantly praise Price for his work ethic... again, the comparisons with Halak... it's not his fault Halak isn't our goalie anymore. If you boo a player, you boo the team, simple as that.

Anyways, I'm done wasting my time, I won't lower myself to arguing with sour grapes over here.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Some people should stop cheering for the name on the back and focus on the logo in the front.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote