HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If a fan boos Price at the Bell--Tell them to shut it!

Old
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Max et Guillaume

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
And who talk about booing Price before the season or if he play's well?

this thing is going everywhere... all i started to say is that i'm a Halak fan, and if Price does not live up to the promises, i have the right to boo him if i feel like it, responding to the opening thread saying to tell the people who would boo Price to shut up... My point being, people have the rights to boo if they want too and the other fans should just take care of their own business
But you also said in your first post that you were pissed at management but would boo Price regardless since you can't boo PG... that's the point I was making. A lot of people here have been saying they'll boo Price regardless of how well he plays. I say, this mentality is incredibly dumb and immature (again, not you specifically, but the few posters who said they want to run Price out of town no matter what).

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
holyhabs87

Price should just change his last name to BOUCHER...for various reasons, and problem is solved.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM
chpartisan

I wish there was a way to boo the fans and the media from time to time...

I can understand the anger from some fans that idolized Halak but I don't understand the hate towards CP.

In the 90's Patrick Roy was my idol and favourite Canadien. On December 2nd 1995 I went to see my first game at the Forum. What I saw that night crushed me. I couldn't believe so many pucks had found the back of Roy's net and the reaction of the crowd was completely incomprehensible to me. I was ashamed to be a Habs fan that night and hid my CH sweater under my jacket.

Still, I remained hopeful and faithful to Patrick Roy and the Canadiens until I heard of the trade. The Canadiens were still my team, but I felt betrayed and didn’t follow them with the same passion and interest until Houle was replaced.

Price cannot be blamed for a choice made by management, putting the blame on him is nonsensical. Although some could see certain similarities, I don’t think this will turn into another Patrick Roy trade and I feel that under the circumstances the Canadiens did what they could. Of course, we need time to see how it works out but this trade doesn’t stink like the one in 1995.

Halak didn’t like the attention in Montreal, he wanted to be the undisputed number 1 and his agent will probably ask for the moon. He is happy to be leaving the city of Montreal. With that in mind and with so many UFA goaltenders this year, the Canadiens were able to acquire Eller and Schultz for the right to negotiate a contract with an RFA.

On another note, can someone explain to me why the French-Canadian media seem to despise the Canadiens so much? It looks like there is constant hate directed at this team always taking shots at the organization every chance they get.

chpartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post

On another note, can someone explain to me why the French-Canadian media seem to despise the Canadiens so much? It looks like there is constant hate directed at this team always taking shots at the organization every chance they get.
Most of them are old Nordiques fans.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
I wish there was a way to boo the fans and the media from time to time...

I can understand the anger from some fans that idolized Halak but I don't understand the hate towards CP.

In the 90's Patrick Roy was my idol and favourite Canadien. On December 2nd 1995 I went to see my first game at the Forum. What I saw that night crushed me. I couldn't believe so many pucks had found the back of Roy's net and the reaction of the crowd was completely incomprehensible to me. I was ashamed to be a Habs fan that night and hid my CH sweater under my jacket.

Still, I remained hopeful and faithful to Patrick Roy and the Canadiens until I heard of the trade. The Canadiens were still my team, but I felt betrayed and didn’t follow them with the same passion and interest until Houle was replaced.

Price cannot be blamed for a choice made by management, putting the blame on him is nonsensical. Although some could see certain similarities, I don’t think this will turn into another Patrick Roy trade and I feel that under the circumstances the Canadiens did what they could. Of course, we need time to see how it works out but this trade doesn’t stink like the one in 1995.

Halak didn’t like the attention in Montreal, he wanted to be the undisputed number 1 and his agent will probably ask for the moon. He is happy to be leaving the city of Montreal. With that in mind and with so many UFA goaltenders this year, the Canadiens were able to acquire Eller and Schultz for the right to negotiate a contract with an RFA.

Probably because '' we dont have enough quebecers on the team'' and they will always be bitter unless we have like minumum 8-10 quebecers on the roster.

TBH i highly doubt the french media gives a flying rats a$$ about the montreal canadians, all they care about is local players playing for the habs, i guess to fullfill their ''national(as they call it) pride. They'll have stuff to write about and talk about and also probably make their job easier because these players ''speak french''.

I used to despise the french media, they used ot get under my skin, i now just dont listen to them anymore, because the vasty majority of them do not have a clue what they are talking about... exceptions of course.. Danny Dube, Joel Bouchard, Francois Gagnon( he has his days) im sure ive missed a couple more. I' ve boycotted the french media for a little while now, and it was the best thing.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Georges Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Probably because '' we dont have enough quebecers on the team'' and they will always be bitter unless we have like minumum 8-10 quebecers on the roster.

TBH i highly doubt the french media gives a flying rats a$$ about the montreal canadians, all they care about is local players playing for the habs, i guess to fullfill their ''national(as they call it) pride. They'll have stuff to write about and talk about and also probably make their job easier because these players ''speak french''.

I used to despise the french media, they used ot get under my skin, i now just dont listen to them anymore, because the vasty majority of them do not have a clue what they are talking about... exceptions of course.. Danny Dube, Joel Bouchard, Francois Gagnon( he has his days) im sure ive missed a couple more. I' ve boycotted the french media for a little while now, and it was the best thing.

Can we please say "media" instead of "french media" ?

I personnaly don't think that the "english-media" is way better. Jack Todd anyone ?

Georges Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Fan Of View Post

I personnaly don't think that the "english-media" is way better. Jack Todd anyone ?
i agree jack todd is a tool, but the french is notorious for constant habs bashing, literally constantly bashing the organization.

Old
06-18-2010, 02:49 PM
anctilndg

It Doesnt really matter if you agree with fans booing someone or not, what matters is that it is expected that they will. Not just for Price but in general, fans in Montréal dont have a lot of patience and even if you want to change that you wont be able too.

Management chose Price over Halak, not the fans. You can expect a lot of pressure on Price even more than hes had before, and if he keeps getting outplayed by Halak or keeps loosing a majority of games then you know fans will start booing him, especially if Halak keep playing on the same level.

If Price plays well and gets decent support from the team so they can actually have good results, then no one will boo him and fans will bandwagon around him like they did in the past with him and like they did with Halak in the past couple of years.

Everything is up to Price at this point, his play will dictate the fans reaction, nothing else will influence that.

We gave him the number 1 spot again, maybe it isnt deserved but he needs to live up to a number 1 or else fans will turn on him and we will all be in a world of pain.

anctilndg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:54 PM
chpartisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Most of them are old Nordiques fans.
Perhaps some of them are, but the Nordiques are gone...

Quote:
I've stopped paying attention to what is said on CKAC, RDS etc... since the darkest day/night in Habs history. But I know a couple of people who claim to be die-hard fans that seem to share the same hate... They are all hooked on the french-media...

Quote:

The "montreal media" ? Still, it seems like the hate is more generalized in the french media and more concentrated in Todd with the english media.

It could be a perception because the french media gets more coverage?

chpartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Georges Gorges

Quote:
i agree jack todd is a tool, but the french is notorious for constant habs bashing, literally constantly bashing the organization.
I agree that there is some really bad french journalists, but since there is almost 4 french journalists for 1 english journalist covering the Habs...it seems to me that it is just normal that there is more bad french journalists.

It is the samething for the Habs' fans. We have so many fans, that it is just normal to have more "bad" fans that a team less popular.

Georges Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:00 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by anctilndg View Post
It Doesnt really matter if you agree with fans booing someone or not, what matters is that it is expected that they will. Not just for Price but in general, fans in Montréal dont have a lot of patience and even if you want to change that you wont be able too.

Management chose Price over Halak, not the fans. You can expect a lot of pressure on Price even more than hes had before, and if he keeps getting outplayed by Halak or keeps loosing a majority of games then you know fans will start booing him, especially if Halak keep playing on the same level.

If Price plays well and gets decent support from the team so they can actually have good results, then no one will boo him and fans will bandwagon around him like they did in the past with him and like they did with Halak in the past couple of years.

Everything is up to Price at this point, his play will dictate the fans reaction, nothing else will influence that.

We gave him the number 1 spot again, maybe it isnt deserved but he needs to live up to a number 1 or else fans will turn on him and we will all be in a world of pain.
No, there will be some a priori booing going on, I'd bet my house on it.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by anctilndg View Post

lets remeber price got booed for 3d star performance. and if he gets boo'ed befor he even plays a game, are they boo'ing because of lack of patience, or because of massive emotional instability projected onto a game? ill take the later.

as much as you want to justify hate, its still hate, and its not because you dont include yourself in that category of boo'ing fans directly by writting, your stance definatly supports the boo`ing of price, and its funny u make it out like your just an outsider making an observation.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:07 PM
saints96

Quote:
I agree that there is some really bad french journalists, but since there is almost 4 french journalists for 1 english journalist covering the Habsit seems to me that it is just normal that there is more bad french journalists.

It is the samething for the Habs' fans. We have so many fans, that it is just normal to have more "bad" fans that a team less popular.
thats a good point, never thought of that one, spot on!

Old
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

Well, if the partisans boo Price, Martin would panic and immediately put his "other" goaltender on the ice. If that other guy were to get shelled, maybe the fans would sober up.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
Some people should stop cheering for the name on the back and focus on the logo in the front.
If they dressed monkeys in habs sweaters you wouldn't be happy. This is a message board, not a cheerleader squad.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If they dressed monkeys in habs sweaters you wouldn't be happy. This is a message board, not a cheerleader squad.
What's wrong with monkeys in habs sweaters?

<------------------------

06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lets remeber price got booed for 3d star performance. and if he gets boo'ed befor he even plays a game, are they boo'ing because of lack of patience, or because of massive emotional instability projected onto a game? ill take the later.

as much as you want to justify hate, its still hate, and its not because you dont include yourself in that category of boo'ing fans directly by writting, your stance definatly supports the boo`ing of price, and its funny u make it out like your just an outsider making an observation.
What I was saying is that it will append if he plays bad, doesnt matter if your against it or for it, when a player starts playing bad, fans will boo him. It has to be expected.

I personnally dont agree with booing players on our team unless they talk against the team or the city or if they are taunting fans, but if they try hard and fail, no one should boo them.

Iam all for booing ex-habs players and girls like crosby too, no doubt about that! Refs, kids on the monitor instead of hot chicks, anything, anyone, anytime, booing is the shi!

anctilndg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
SRS

Here's the thing. If Carey Price were to give it 100% and lose the game that's one thing. When he doesn't give it 100% that's another story altogether. There are all kinds of pictures of him smoking and drinking, goofing around at practice. I get the sense that for him it's only a game. These things happen. He's a punk ass kid that needs to shut his mouth and get some heart and character. When winning the hockey game means everything to Carey Price that will be a differnet story. I can't remember how many times I see him giving up a goal to an essentially open net because he has over commited to the other side then roll his eyes like he has no support.

If I want to boo Carey Price cause he has a terrible attitude and does not deserve to be wearing the great sweater that he has on I'll boo him. I'd love for someone to tell me to 'shut it' when that happens.

SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
sampollock

funny, i remember dryden booed when he played for the 1972 summit games,

i remember roy getting booed, and roy let in bad goals against the b's, one from centre ice from neely

so should fans turn on him, and yell and run him out of town,

then roy wins the cup, and none of this matters,
so ram it, when trying to kill price when he is at the beach right now, and not even at the rink

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
mvp76

It's laughable the people who want to fight other habs fans. Point of a hockey game is to go out and enjoy yourself. Take a pill and get a new hobby

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
What's wrong with monkeys in habs sweaters?

<------------------------

You got me.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul21Seeker View Post
It's laughable the people who want to fight other habs fans. Point of a hockey game is to go out and enjoy yourself. Take a pill and get a new hobby
funny how fans of the same team fight,

go habs no matter what

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:16 PM
MontrealHabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Who said you have to be a cheerleader ? Just don't be a ****ing idiot and boo for nothing.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 07:12 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/300996.html

JS Giguere is telling habs fans to be patient with him, and that habs fans are not giving him the benifit of the doubt, and that we should support price.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 07:15 PM
habtastic

Carey! Carey!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote