HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If a fan boos Price at the Bell--Tell them to shut it!

Old
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
price will be just fine, and when he gets some wins under his belt, quiet will set in

and the team does not allow 45-50 shots, we will all cheer

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Contrary to some, Price wasn't as bad as ppl make him to be last season. His save % was 0.912% (top 20), which compares to Luongo, Niemi, Pekka Rinne, all starting goalies in this league and close to Cam Ward's numbers. He was also better than the beloved MA Fleury. And Carey did this seemingly without much effort. The fans/management knows that Price can play at an elite level (0.920%)- don't kid yourself, he is REALLY talented so that's why we expect so much out of him. But if you actually compare him to other goaltenders at the age of 22 in the NHL, he is way ahead of the development curve. I also blame management for thrusting him into the starting position at age 20, he was rushed into the show and has affected his confidence.
I think he was pretty good in fact. He made one mistake at one point before the big road trip(lifted his glove and the puck continued in the net) and he never saw the net again. It was like he was punished. And then Martin continued riding Halak in the playoffs. The whole thing was strangely handled because to me if you believe that Price should be your goalie why do put Halak in net? What's the point other than trying to raise his stock for a trade(it didn't). And even then, when you're in the playoffs, you don't think about raising values. Price should have been the guy, no matter what. Even if he did make mistakes, put him back in. That's how you give confidence to a goalie.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I think he was pretty good in fact. He made one mistake at one point before the big road trip(lifted his glove and the puck continued in the net) and he never saw the net again. It was like he was punished. And then Martin continued riding Halak in the playoffs. The whole thing was strangely handled because to me if you believe that Price should be your goalie why do put Halak in net? What's the point other than trying to raise his stock for a trade(it didn't). And even then, when you're in the playoffs, you don't think about raising values. Price should have been the guy, no matter what. Even if he did make mistakes, put him back in. That's how you give confidence to a goalie.
Keeping him after trading the other guy is a pretty good confidence boost isnt it? If they were into punishing people you think they would have punished halak for the terrible last week of the season he had.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're saying riding halak in the plaoyffs DIDN'T raise his value? What planet are you living on?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote