HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EGG Line

Old
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
bigmcbob

vCash: 500
EGG Line

Hey,

If Eller plays with Gomez and Gionta we have our own an EGG line

bigmcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Wow

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:55 PM
InglewoodJack

That could be an intereating combo.

But Eller is a playmaker, I'd like to see him with AK

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Lemons

Ak's gotta step the **** up this year.

Lemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:06 PM
shakenbake7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
I would be shocked if AK and SK weren't sent packing elsewhere this summer

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
I would be shocked if AK and SK weren't sent packing elsewhere this summer
Wow, didn't we hear that one before

Let's trade a talented physical winger with a rocket of a shot (26 goals in his first full season) and his talented (131 points in the Juniors, 1 ppg pace in the AHL) (although hard to coach) brother when their value has never been lower!!!

Come on, get real. It'd be a bad move and you know it. Do you honestly think we'd get something better or equal to what we just got for Halak? We don't need more 3rd and 4th line players and that's exactly what'll get if we trade the Belarus Brothers now.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:12 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Nope.

Eller...3rd line center to be groomed as our 2nd line center.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Imo Eller with Cammy would be deadly...

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:23 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

The Ellerralleri line. lol

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Wow, didn't we hear that one before

Let's trade a talented physical winger with a rocket of a shot (26 goals in his first full season) and his talented (131 points in the Juniors, 1 ppg pace in the AHL) (although hard to coach) brother when their value has never been lower!!!

Come on, get real. It'd be a bad move and you know it. Do you honestly think we'd get something better or equal to what we just got for Halak? We don't need more 3rd and 4th line players and that's exactly what'll get if we trade the Belarus Brothers now.
I don't care how talented they are, they're dumb as ****. Andrei's no-show in the playoffs pretty much sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned. I don't want these bums to wear the CH jersey ever again.

You just can't compete with such enigmas as those two in your immediate supporting cast. You need reliable player who are going to bring it night in and night out.

If Andrei scores 40 elsewhere, so be it. He's dummy as hell and just doesn't fit this system.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
The Ellerralleri line. lol
Man, that's hard to say out loud lol

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Etienne

What's the point of getting a young, decent sized center that actually initiates contact instead of shying away from it if you make him develop on the wings?

Let Eller grow on the 3rd line. With JM's tendency of putting grinders in the top 6, chances are that Eller will have good wingers with him anyways.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:51 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I don't care how talented they are, they're dumb as ****. Andrei's no-show in the playoffs pretty much sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned. I don't want these bums to wear the CH jersey ever again.
Good thing Pierre Gauthier doesn't listen to people like you, as evidenced by today's trade.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:10 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Good thing Pierre Gauthier doesn't listen to people like you, as evidenced by today's trade.
1. Who the hell are you?
2. I was actually pulling for the management to deal one of the goalies, so... yeah
3. Good for you if you feel all right seeing Andrei scratch his crotch and contribute in nothing of value. I'd rather us having a player who brings consistancy and versatility to our lineup... Or you know, just a better player than AK?...

Andrei is a sniper being used in the role of a forechecker. He's not good enough of a sniper and doesn't have enough of a good vision on the ice to outdo Cammy or Gionta as the team's top-6 snipers, so why the hell would we keep him in a role in which he's going to fail?

Old
06-17-2010, 10:11 PM
FlyingRat

I'd rather have a player better than him too, but you're advocating getting rid of the 2 brothers at all cost, which would be terrible asset management.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
I'd rather have a player better than him too, but you're advocating getting rid of the 2 brothers at all cost, which would be terrible asset management.
Giving them 4 millions for what they provide - including the headaches - is even more terrible assets management.

Believe me, I've been patient with those two guys. I wanted the organization to hold onto Sergei even after the training camp mess. But there's no way these two are going to contribute off and on the ice on the current system, especially when Sergei already has been put aside during the playoffs after the player asked the coaching staff to get him away, and Andrei has been a no-show in those playoffs. This summer's market might not be that great, but I'd rather add a player who'll bring specific aspects to our team game, such as hard forechecking, grit, intelligence, or hard work. There are many 50 points player out there capable of doing one or more of these things for even less than what both brothers add up for in salary.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Giving them 4 millions for what they provide - including the headaches - is even more terrible assets management.

Believe me, I've been patient with those two guys. I wanted the organization to hold onto Sergei even after the training camp mess. But there's no way these two are going to contribute off and on the ice on the current system, especially when Sergei already has been put aside during the playoffs after the player asked the coaching staff to get him away, and Andrei has been a no-show in those playoffs. This summer's market might not be that great, but I'd rather add a player who'll bring specific aspects to our team game, such as hard forechecking, grit, intelligence, or hard work. There are many 50 points player out there capable of doing one or more of these things for even less than what both brothers add up for in salary.
If we strike out on Frolov, there's literally no player who could bring us the kind of game that Andrei has through free agency. I'd let Andrei play out the final year of his contract and reevaluate next summer. As for Sergei, I have no clue what the organization really thinks of him. If his little interview with La Presse where he said he really wants to play for the Canadiens was sincere, can't hurt to have a minimum salary player on our team. He was our 6th best scorer at even strength despite only playing 45 games with basically no powerplay time. He's not a waste.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:42 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
If we strike out on Frolov, there's literally no player who could bring us the kind of game that Andrei has through free agency. I'd let Andrei play out the final year of his contract and reevaluate next summer. As for Sergei, I have no clue what the organization really thinks of him. If his little interview with La Presse where he said he really wants to play for the Canadiens was sincere, can't hurt to have a minimum salary player on our team. He was our 6th best scorer at even strength despite only playing 45 games with basically no powerplay time. He's not a waste.
This is not even a matter of will like it's a matter of fitting in the system.

Andrei really could have broke out big time in the former team, but not with this one. You're talking about getting someone who brings what Andrei brings... I fail to see how he's contributing in anything when he doesn't score.

He's not great at carrying the puck or at protecting it along the boards (at least not regularly).

He have next to no defensive instincts.

He uses his shoulders just when he feels like doing so.

I'd rather get a more consistant forward, or a better forechecker who'll get in there and give that puck to Cammy and Pleks.

Part of why Plekanec was exhausted in last year's playoffs is because he had to do a part of the job Andrei was supposed to do, but in which he failed - get the puck back from the opponent.

Old
06-18-2010, 01:04 AM
OutbreakCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
did anyone notice how awesome he played before his injuries this year. he's gotta get into the groove and he'll be a force

OutbreakCH is offline   Reply With Quote