HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Is CCM's Ufoam really that good and better than anything else?

Old
06-19-2010, 10:48 PM
shaolin95

vCash: 500
Is CCM's Ufoam really that good and better than anything else?

Hi!
I am about to buy RBK 6K (2010 model) but I keep reading about CCM and their Ufoam and was wondering if their fit is so much better than anything else or if I can achieve the same with baking and the pump on the RBK.
Thanks

shaolin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:58 PM
MrBoxOffice

If your feet have stopped growing there is only one skate for you:

GRAF

Go get properly fitted as they are designed for your feet.

MrBoxOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 11:23 PM
shaolin95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoxOffice View Post
If your feet have stopped growing there is only one skate for you:

GRAF

Go get properly fitted as they are designed for your feet.
The problem is that all I am reading is that within my budget less than $300 and better as close to $200 as possible, GRAF is not a good choice as I get more value and performance from other brands. Now according to what I have read if I were spending more then GRAF would be the one to get for many people

shaolin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:59 PM
XweekendwarriorX

i forgot my skates for one game my buddy had a pair of his old grafs in his bag i used them and loved them. i bought a new pair of graf skates for 195 and i love the feel no breakinhg in nothing. blades stay sharp. http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/hockeymonkey_2109_32542211 these are the skates i got

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:06 PM
RobertKron

The best skate is going to be the one that fits your foot the best. Try on most everything in your price range and see what fits.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:01 PM
DevsFan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Hi!
I am about to buy RBK 6K (2010 model) but I keep reading about CCM and their Ufoam and was wondering if their fit is so much better than anything else or if I can achieve the same with baking and the pump on the RBK.
Thanks
From what i've experienced, the ccm's will mold better but that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a better fit than the reeboks. You should go and try on everything you can in your price range to see which is the best choice for you.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Melanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Hi!
Thanks
I bought RBK 9K (2008 model) and the pump in one skate broke after a year. I play about 4 times per week and the skates have just about fallen apart. I bought the CCM high end skate about a month ago, baked them Sunday night and am trying them for the first time tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Melanson is offline   Reply With Quote