HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Luc Robitaille

Old
06-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

vCash: 500
Luc Robitaille

I just watched an hour long interview with him. He seems like such a great guy. I know he was a big part of the King's organization and I figured I'd post this. It was interesting to hear that he was drafted in the ninth round! What a diamond in the rough. Very humble and extraordinarily talented.

Peace

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

A great player. The guy who was never supposed to make it.

As long as he stays in the background and doesn't get involved with any player personnel, trade, management, signings and acquisitions, and every once in a while at least tries to fake knowing what it means to be President of Business Operations, then I am cool and hope he has a long substantively irrelevant, brand based administrative career here.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:57 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I think he's done a good job of trying to spread the awareness of the Kings in LA. I never used to see ads for the team on billboards or anything. Now we do.

He's trying to get LA back into hockey and I like that.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 08:39 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

As long as he stays in the background and doesn't get involved with any player personnel, trade, management, signings and acquisitions, and every once in a while at least tries to fake knowing what it means to be President of Business Operations, then I am cool and hope he has a long substantively irrelevant, brand based administrative career here.
I wouldn't mind seeing Luc as a part time amateur scout...in case one of our scouts overlooked something on a guy that we may have in our radar...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
The op is talking about an Interview that being run a lot on NHL Network. The show is called "Off The ice"

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:

Perfectly said, I do fear though that he may one day get a chance to be the GM . . . if that happens. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

Unless he gets Kovalchuk to sign in LA....

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 12:45 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Luc as a part time amateur scout...in case one of our scouts overlooked something on a guy that we may have in our radar...
I don't know. He is a emotional guy. He gets excited over what he loves. Which is why we love him. He loves hockey and he loves the Kings. He brought JR back for the Kings web site because he likes JR. If Blake's jersey gets retired it will be because Luc likes Rob Blake. When you talk to him he you know where he stands.

That is why he should never be a GM or scout. He is not analytical enough. Once he likes something he can not see the down side. He would not have traded Purcell because he would have seen the promise of the AHL scorer Teddy was and not what happened. I could see Luc taking over Lieweke's job some day.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 01:26 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I don't know about the rest of yous, but every time I think of Luc, I automatically think of JR.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 01:34 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know about the rest of yous, but every time I think of Luc, I automatically think of JR.
I was just using it as a reference to show that Luc will do things (hire people) because they are friends without thinking.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 12:05 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
I don't see how whatsoever. We love Luc and hate JR.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:54 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Its sad that JR is more deeply rooted in your brain than Luc.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote