HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to Preds

Old
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
There are rumors going around that Ryan's agent is believed to be asking for under $5 million. Now lets say Bobby signs for $4.5 million. That instantly raises Bobby Ryan's value drastically because that contract ends up becoming one of the best in the league. If the Ducks sign and trade Ryan you can bet your teams #1 prospect and top 2 Dman are coming to Anaheim in return.
Personally I think he is staying in Anaheim and for a long time.
Ha! Where did you get this "rumor" from?

Last edited by paine: 06-19-2010 at 04:19 PM.
paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:04 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

Edit: You have no idea what you're talking about.
Id love to know where he got that rumour from as well. If Ryan is only asking for under 5 and murray hasn't agreed I would drive all the way down to cali and kill him

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

Edit: You have no idea what you're talking about.
Any other Duck fans have a giggle at this line?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Well the OCR recently had a story on Ryan, where he confirms he's not asking for the same money Getzlaf and Perry got. However, that could still be $5 mil.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Nashville is Magic for Defenders, they could put my grandma on skates and she'd be a star, and she's been dead since 1996

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
airforceones25

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/06/...89/#more-38389
Quote:
The 23-year-old forward has two 30-goal seasons in his first two full NHL campaigns on his resume. Ryan has said previously that he’d seek a four-year deal that would take him to 2014, where he can be an unrestricted free agent.
But Ryan did express that he hopes to get a deal done by July 1, to which he will officially have restricted free-agent status.
“I’m not frustrated to say the least,” he said. ”I’m just kind of worried. I don’t want to force their hand and I don’t want them to force mine. I want to get it closed out before hand. There hasn’t been anything that’s gone in the right direction. But there’s no hostility from everyone or anything.”
Ryan made clear that he isn’t seeking to become the Ducks’ highest-paid forward. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are both on five-year contract extensions with identical salary cap hits worth $5.325 million. Perry is scheduled to make $5.375,000 million in 2010-11; Getzlaf will make $5,125,000.
“Not even close,” Ryan said of seeking comparable or better salaries. “I completely understand that nobody makes more than Getzlaf and Perry. I have no problem with that. I never expected that. I know those are the two guys and we build from there.
“I also feel like in the past couple of years, I played in a position where I can be mentioned among them.”
As much as he wanted an extension done by now, Ryan said he anticipated that it could take a while and noted that Perry didn’t sign his deal until the first day of free agency in 2008.
Quote:
“My stance and my only stance is I’d like to remain in Anaheim,” he said

Last edited by airforceones25: 06-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.
airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Great news! Get it done Murray!

Edit: 3 year/15 million--perfection!

Old
06-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Ben

So if Ryan is asking for sub $5 million for 4 years - why isn't he signed!? Something seems off here - he's obviously worth it. Any chance the Ducks are hoping for a large offer sheet July 1 so they can collect some 1st rounders?

Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
So if Ryan is asking for sub $5 million for 4 years - why isn't he signed!? Something seems off here - he's obviously worth it. Any chance the Ducks are hoping for a large offer sheet July 1 so they can collect some 1st rounders?
I honestly think Murray might be working on a trade (I sure hope not).

Quote:
“I’m not frustrated to say the least,” he said. ”I’m just kind of worried. I don’t want to force their hand and I don’t want them to force mine.
Why isn't Ryan signed?

Quote:
Ryan made clear that he isn’t seeking to become the Ducks’ highest-paid forward. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are both on five-year contract extensions with identical salary cap hits worth $5.325 million. Perry is scheduled to make $5.375,000 million in 2010-11; Getzlaf will make $5,125,000.
Not even close,” Ryan said of seeking comparable or better salaries. “I completely understand that nobody makes more than Getzlaf and Perry. I have no problem with that. I never expected that. I know those are the two guys and we build from there.
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/06/...89/#more-38389

Old
06-19-2010, 04:35 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
no its more or less an issue of the years of the contract... Ryan wants a 4 year deal so it goes to where he becomes an UFA.... Murray on the other hand probably wants a shorter deal so they still have leverage as him being a RFA... or possibly Murray is trying to propose one of those 10 year deals that keeps him a Duck for along time....

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:40 PM
alx83*

Quote:
no its more or less an issue of the years of the contract... Ryan wants a 4 year deal so it goes to where he becomes an UFA.... Murray on the other hand probably wants a shorter deal so they still have leverage as him being a RFA... or possibly Murray is trying to propose one of those 10 year deals that keeps him a Duck for along time....
I think it's mainly becoming a UFA v. RFA. It's good to read those quotes, even when stupid, proposals in mass quantites can get to the best of us believers .

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

i highly doubt there going to make a move for bobby ryan, but moving arnott will probaly make the preds want a center, or there clearly cap space for KOVALCHUK.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:52 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
There are rumors going around that Ryan's agent is believed to be asking for under $5 million. Now lets say Bobby signs for $4.5 million. That instantly raises Bobby Ryan's value drastically because that contract ends up becoming one of the best in the league. If the Ducks sign and trade Ryan you can bet your teams #1 prospect and top 2 Dman are coming to Anaheim in return.
Personally I think he is staying in Anaheim and for a long time.
So Kaberle + Kadri for Ryan?
Deal!

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
I think you've somewhat hit the nail on the head. My guess is Ryan wants a 3 or 4 year deal, so he can have total control over his future as he heads into unrestricted free agency, while Murray wants to give him a 5 or 6 year deal and keep him under Duck control for a bit longer.

My guess is that eventually Ryan will settle for a 5 year deal for around $4.8 million a year, where the deal will be backloaded somewhat. In all honesty, I think the undecided futures of Niedermayer and Selanne are holding this deal back more than anything. I would not be surprised to see Ryan sign soon after they make up their minds(before the draft).

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Paul4587

If Ryan's moved to the Preds I would want it to be a package centered around Ryan, Wiz + a top prospect not named Sbisa for Suter or Weber. Probably a slightly lesser prospect if it's for Suter as he's an UFA after his contract is up. One of their first rounders could also be used instead of a prospect if need be.

Not sure if Nashville goes for it though.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I'd do Ryan + 12th for Suter.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
And the Preds are looking to trade Suter or Weber?
I wouldn't think so.....

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 10:59 AM
caliamad

I think a Ryan for Suter trade make sense for both sides. The + part of it depends on what is considerable more valuable / available in the market right now.

Traditionally this has been defenseman. I hope the ducks don't give up the 12th. I'd feel a lot better about the 29th or 2nd round pick.

The other interesting thing about this is Nashville needs a center and Ryan is unproven at that position (just a handful of games).

I think Nashville addresses that long before trading for Ryan.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

look, as a non-biased opinion here... i love bobby ryan, and would LOVE to see him play for his hometown orange and black someday. However, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that anaheim gets even Suter straight up for Bobby Ryan. Ryan Suter will be a top 5 defenseman. If i were the Predators, i'd trade Weber straght up before i traded Suter at all.

on the other hand, it seems the preds GM isn't too good at gauging trade value... either that, or Paul Holmgren has some dirt on him.

Last edited by orange is better: 06-20-2010 at 12:02 PM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:31 PM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
look, as a non-biased opinion here... i love bobby ryan, and would LOVE to see him play for his hometown orange and black someday. However, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that anaheim gets even Suter straight up for Bobby Ryan. Ryan Suter will be a top 5 defenseman. If i were the Predators, i'd trade Weber straght up before i traded Suter at all.

on the other hand, it seems the preds GM isn't too good at gauging trade value... either that, or Paul Holmgren has some dirt on him.
Holmgren basically gave the Preds a young Dman (yes - injury prone) for someone (Hamhuis) they weren't going to resign. How is getting a semi-useful asset for basically 'nothing' not showing the ability to gauge trade value?

Last edited by AL-Canadian: 06-20-2010 at 04:54 PM.
AL-Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
That makes sense...

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:59 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

yeah, we really gave up a lot to philly... all those UFAs who were never gonna play for the preds again and most teams wouldnt have got anything for...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote