HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Semin Being Shopped

Old
06-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Semin Being Shopped

Would the Avs want him?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Probably not. The Avs want hard working, character guys and Semin doesn't fit into that.

I'd rather trade for a guy like Versteeg. Semin is one of the best goal scorers in the league but he also makes 6 million, plays no defense, is scared of contact, and sulks when things aren't going his way.

Versteeg won't put up 40 but he'll be good for around 25 goals. He'll also play solid defense, go into the corners/front of the net, and contribute in other ways when he isn't scoring. Plus he makes half the money Semin does and we won't have to give up a 1st round pick+++ to get him.

Just my opinion.....

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I second that. If we want Semin, just draft Kabanov

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Semin is russian. Won't happen

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Drury_Sakic

Not likely to happen due to the Avs North American bias, but if the right offer came up, say Liles + the Avs 1st this year, I would consider it. Even if its just a one year rental, or hell the Avs trade him at the deadline, it would be worth it to give it a try I think and would be much less risky long term than going after any of the skill player FA wingers such as Marleu or Kovalchuk and your not taking on all that much salary in the deal and clear the mid level talent log jam on the blueline a bit for the kids to step forward.

Liles IMO would be a perfect fit for the Caps system and they would clear some cap space to go after a forward or two to upgrade the physical and "win" factor. As for the Avs, I think they have enough guys with the "win" factor that they can afford to add a regular season type player like Semin who would add some pop to the lineup.

Semin-Stastny-Stewart
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Yip/Jones
McLeod-Hendricks-Yip/Jones

would be one of the top forward cores in the league, maybe only needing a 3rd/4th line grit player to be picked up at some point during the season(deadline) .

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
ABasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Would the Avs want him?
Where's Semin from again?

Nope.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Would rather have Marleau.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:04 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Would rather have Marleau.
Marleau would provide role model leadership for our forward corps and would be a great addition.

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Sitch

For a one-year rental I would have no problem with it. We get a player who could possibly be a great finisher alongside Stastny for a cap hit that wouldn't be terrible. If Semin doesn't work out, we can trade him at the deadline or just not re-sign him at the end of the season, freeing up some cap space for other moves. If the price isn't too high, I think it would be a worth-while risk.

However, given how the Avs are in love with North America, unless the deal practically falls into their lap, I doubt it happens.

Sitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey22rws View Post
For a one-year rental I would have no problem with it. We get a player who could possibly be a great finisher alongside Stastny for a cap hit that wouldn't be terrible. If Semin doesn't work out, we can trade him at the deadline or just not re-sign him at the end of the season, freeing up some cap space for other moves. If the price isn't too high, I think it would be a worth-while risk.

However, given how the Avs are in love with North America, unless the deal practically falls into their lap, I doubt it happens.
Exactly. I don't think they'd do it, but I'd love Semin to come to Colorado for a year at six mil.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
chewey
dmitri

Well at least we'd get a legit enforcer in Semin

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 12:11 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Well at least we'd get a legit enforcer in Semin

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Semin is the most skilled player in the nhl. In my mind thats not even a question. The avs would never go for him tho and im not sure he would fit in here anyways. He benefits greatly from all the russians the caps have. He does run too hot and cold and takes bad penalties. But when his head is in the right place few are better.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Semin is the most skilled player in the nhl. In my mind thats not even a question. The avs would never go for him tho and im not sure he would fit in here anyways. He benefits greatly from all the russians the caps have. He does run too hot and cold and takes bad penalties. But when his head is in the right place few are better.
And in other drastic exclamations, Stewart is the blackest player in the NHL!

Old
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Probably not. The Avs want hard working, character guys and Semin doesn't fit into that.

I'd rather trade for a guy like Versteeg. Semin is one of the best goal scorers in the league but he also makes 6 million, plays no defense, is scared of contact, and sulks when things aren't going his way.

Versteeg won't put up 40 but he'll be good for around 25 goals. He'll also play solid defense, go into the corners/front of the net, and contribute in other ways when he isn't scoring. Plus he makes half the money Semin does and we won't have to give up a 1st round pick+++ to get him.

Just my opinion.....
Semin is actually good defensively. His plus minus would prove just that. He also plays the penalty kill.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:08 PM
chewey
dmitri

Could you imagine? Semin and Cummer on the same team? The other team would get ****ed!

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Not likely to happen due to the Avs North American bias, but if the right offer came up, say Liles + the Avs 1st this year, I would consider it. Even if its just a one year rental, or hell the Avs trade him at the deadline, it would be worth it to give it a try I think and would be much less risky long term than going after any of the skill player FA wingers such as Marleu or Kovalchuk and your not taking on all that much salary in the deal and clear the mid level talent log jam on the blueline a bit for the kids to step forward.

Liles IMO would be a perfect fit for the Caps system and they would clear some cap space to go after a forward or two to upgrade the physical and "win" factor. As for the Avs, I think they have enough guys with the "win" factor that they can afford to add a regular season type player like Semin who would add some pop to the lineup.

Semin-Stastny-Stewart
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Yip/Jones
McLeod-Hendricks-Yip/Jones

would be one of the top forward cores in the league, maybe only needing a 3rd/4th line grit player to be picked up at some point during the season(deadline) .
The last player the caps would want from us is liles. They already have green who is better and possibly corvo. They have already had to make cap decisions so they would never take his contract. They need exactly what we need a crease clearer not an offensive guy. With carlson coming in they are fine there.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:21 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

They're not going to dump Semin on the cheap, because they still have a "championship window" with him on their team. Obviously, I think he's not worth more than a 2nd round pick and keg of beer because he's a locker room cancer, but hey, what do I know...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
How many times have you watched semin play? Between either datsyuk or semin for sure but I say semin.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

I think he would be a bad fit. Giving up good assets for one year of Semin would be a bad deal. He doesn't speak that good english and Avs have no one that speaks Russian.

I don't think he is a cancer or anything and when in the zone he is an amazing player. Just a really poor fit for Avs.

I think if he is traded there is a decent chance he might bolt for the KHL after next season.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
How many times have you watched semin play? Between either datsyuk or semin for sure but I say semin.
And yet, you saying it doesn't make it fact.

If Semin were the most talented player in the NHL, the Washington Capitals wouldn't think of moving him. But, they probably are. The main reason for this is the fact that he had 40 goals in the regular season, zero in the playoffs. He's also a huge defensive liability, and judging by some of the interviews I've read, a "me first" type player.

Not a player I'd suspect Avalanche management wants, nor the team needs.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
For true!

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
The Pwnerer
Registered Abuser

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

I feel dirty saying this: I'd rather have Kovalchuk.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think he would be a bad fit. Giving up good assets for one year of Semin would be a bad deal. He doesn't speak that good english and Avs have no one that speaks Russian.

I don't think he is a cancer or anything and when in the zone he is an amazing player. Just a really poor fit for Avs.

I think if he is traded there is a decent chance he might bolt for the KHL after next season.
Agree all the way. Hes suppose to be pretty funny but doesnt speak much english at all.