HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Marek Zidlicky

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2004, 11:51 AM
No Quarter

vCash: 500
Marek Zidlicky

What's up Preds fans?
I'm a regular on the Pens board, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some good info on Zidlicky.
See I'm debating on grabbing him over Niedermeyer as my #1 Dman for my fantasy squad on the Penguins board.
I know Niedermeyer like the back of my hand from having all those wars against NJ for the past 14 or 15 years he's been in the NHL.
Now I realize Niedermeyer is a stud, but by reading Zidlicky's stats, he seems like a young stud, but the thing is the only time I've seen him play is in the couple of games Nashville has played Pittsburgh.
He seemed like a good player, but is he worth gambling on over Scott Niedermeyer?
Thanks fellas.

Old
05-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy page
What's up Preds fans?
I'm a regular on the Pens board, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some good info on Zidlicky.
See I'm debating on grabbing him over Niedermeyer as my #1 Dman for my fantasy squad on the Penguins board.
I know Niedermeyer like the back of my hand from having all those wars against NJ for the past 14 or 15 years he's been in the NHL.
Now I realize Niedermeyer is a stud, but by reading Zidlicky's stats, he seems like a young stud, but the thing is the only time I've seen him play is in the couple of games Nashville has played Pittsburgh.
He seemed like a good player, but is he worth gambling on over Scott Niedermeyer?
Thanks fellas.
NO...take Scott Niedermeyer...I'd rather have Scott over Marek every day of the week and twice on Sunday...he's that much better a dman...although Scott plays in a defensively responsible NJ system, which hinders his offensive opportunities...but I'd definitely take Nieds...fastest skater at the all-star game as a DMAN

Old
05-19-2004, 12:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
NO...take Scott Niedermeyer...I'd rather have Scott over Marek every day of the week and twice on Sunday...he's that much better a dman...although Scott plays in a defensively responsible NJ system, which hinders his offensive opportunities...but I'd definitely take Nieds...fastest skater at the all-star game as a DMAN

but we're not talking about who you'd rather have on the ice. for fantasy purposes...i'd take zidlicky. i had both on one of my teams last year, and niedermayer didn't do a whole lot for my team...all that fast skating doesn't really matter when it's fantasy hockey. zidlicky, on the other hand, was in the top five in the league for points by a defenseman.

Old
05-19-2004, 12:57 PM
No Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
but we're not talking about who you'd rather have on the ice. for fantasy purposes...i'd take zidlicky. i had both on one of my teams last year, and niedermayer didn't do a whole lot for my team...all that fast skating doesn't really matter when it's fantasy hockey. zidlicky, on the other hand, was in the top five in the league for points by a defenseman.

Yeah but so was Scott Niedermeyer.
I kinda want Zidlicky though because these guys are taking all kinds of young studs that are just on the verge of becoming stars over alot of the veteran powerhouses.

Old
05-22-2004, 08:01 AM
dulzhok

If it's a keeper league, I'd definitely take Zid due to the age difference.

If it's not, it's anybody's guess.

My guess is that Zidlicky has the potential to put up even bigger numbers. Watching him, you get the sense that he's capable of even more. Honeslty, it wouldn't surprise me if he put close to point-per-game statistics in the future, especially if the talent around him increases. Now you might think I have bias opinion, but I was plenty hateful to our old beloved Andy Delmore... not only his D game, but his powerplay game as well. While he was putting up big powerplay numbers, he was making the players around him worse... and teams were quickly learning how to stop him (and our powerplay).

On the ice, I'd easily take Niedermayer. While Zid's D game is certainly better than Delmore, it's no where near Niedermayer.

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-22-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Closed Thread