HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan talks about contract situation

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Ducks

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan talks about contract situation

Bobby Ryan spoke with the OC Register recently about his contract negotiations with the Ducks. Here's The Link, and some interesting parts:

On staying with the Ducks:

“My stance and my only stance is I’d like to remain in Anaheim,” he said. “I’ve said I’m going to let you guys handle it. I know you’ve handled big names and you guys are the pros in this sense. Go do your thing and keep me in the loop.”

On getting paid more than Getzlaf or Perry:

Ryan made clear that he isn’t seeking to become the Ducks’ highest-paid forward. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are both on five-year contract extensions with identical salary cap hits worth $5.325 million. Perry is scheduled to make $5.375,000 million in 2010-11; Getzlaf will make $5,125,000.

“Not even close,” Ryan said of seeking comparable or better salaries. “I completely understand that nobody makes more than Getzlaf and Perry. I have no problem with that. I never expected that. I know those are the two guys and we build from there.

“I also feel like in the past couple of years, I played in a position where I can be mentioned among them.”

On the trade rumors:

“If I were traded, I know there’s places I’d like to go and places I wouldn’t like to go. That’s something that still out of my hands. But if someone e-mails me another Toronto article, I’m going to lose it.”

Old
06-20-2010, 04:11 AM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
“If I were traded, I know there’s places I’d like to go and places I wouldn’t like to go. That’s something that still out of my hands. But if someone e-mails me another Toronto article, I’m going to lose it.”

Funny to see a player directly commenting on something that the internet just won't let die.

Old
06-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Bobby Ryan spoke with the OC Register recently about his contract negotiations with the Ducks. Here's The Link, and some interesting parts:

On staying with the Ducks:

“My stance and my only stance is I’d like to remain in Anaheim,” he said. “I’ve said I’m going to let you guys handle it. I know you’ve handled big names and you guys are the pros in this sense. Go do your thing and keep me in the loop.”

On getting paid more than Getzlaf or Perry:

Ryan made clear that he isn’t seeking to become the Ducks’ highest-paid forward. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are both on five-year contract extensions with identical salary cap hits worth $5.325 million. Perry is scheduled to make $5.375,000 million in 2010-11; Getzlaf will make $5,125,000.

“Not even close,” Ryan said of seeking comparable or better salaries. “I completely understand that nobody makes more than Getzlaf and Perry. I have no problem with that. I never expected that. I know those are the two guys and we build from there.

“I also feel like in the past couple of years, I played in a position where I can be mentioned among them.”

On the trade rumors:

This cracks everyone up except Leafs fans of course

Old
06-20-2010, 04:22 AM
OrrNumber4

Very respectful, mature remarks from Ryan that must have his agent tearing his hair out

Old
06-20-2010, 04:22 AM
Unholy
waifu

Negotiate contract length and get it done Murray

Old
06-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I like you Bobby Ryan, I like you.

Old
06-20-2010, 04:36 AM
wesott11

So do the Toronto fans saying Bobby will only go the leafs No matter what have anything else to say? Thank you Bobby... Thank you...

Old
06-20-2010, 05:13 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
You. Can still live in ana and play for the kings

Old
06-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
What a nightmare that would be, our return would be sweet though

Old
06-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
I think he enjoys playing against you far too much, to ever play for you. That hat trick of his was delicious.

Old
06-20-2010, 05:59 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

You left out the part where he said that he wanted to play for Nashville.

Old
06-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
This seriously made me laugh

Old
06-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post

Old
06-20-2010, 06:14 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Thanks for posting.

About time someone gave the Leafs a reason to stop talking about Ryan going to Toronto. One player down... half a dozen to go. (Lecavier, Marleau, Kovalchuk, the Staals and a top 10 draft pick muahaha)

Old
06-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Washington Capitals

I'll believe him the day he signs.

Old
06-20-2010, 07:16 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
I think he enjoys playing against you far too much, to ever play for you. That hat trick of his was delicious.
In a loss*

Old
06-20-2010, 07:34 AM
HHmmm

ryan

im a leafs fan and it made me laugh. but still hes not saying that toronto isnt an option hes just saying hes sick of the emails just like everyone else is sick of the posts.

Old
06-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Delayed Offside

so if he isn't asking for big money then what is taking so long to get it done? the ducks have the cash and he is a great player, it just seems weird that he hasn't been signed yet

Old
06-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Doctor Perry Cox*

I love when the fans of teams that nobody really cares about all gang up to have a laugh at things you pretend Leaf fans said.

Old
06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Perry Cox View Post
I love when the fans of teams that nobody really cares about all gang up to have a laugh at things you pretend Leaf fans said.
You do realize that it's coming out of the players own mouth?
BTW, I really love the arrogance in "teams that nobody really cares about". Really makes you sooo much more likable.

Old
06-20-2010, 08:06 AM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
So do the Toronto fans saying Bobby will only go the leafs No matter what have anything else to say? Thank you Bobby... Thank you...
Can I have his E-mail, oh right I doubt you have it. I wonder how many Leaf fan's actually have Bobby Ryan's E-mail. Well besides his friends.

Old
06-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delayed Offside View Post
so if he isn't asking for big money then what is taking so long to get it done? the ducks have the cash and he is a great player, it just seems weird that he hasn't been signed yet
Contract length. "Ryan isn't seeking to become the Ducks highest paid forward but is seeking a four-year contract which would take him to UFA status." Murray most likely wants him to sign a 5 year contract, which I am thinking will end up happening in the end

Old
06-20-2010, 08:17 AM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
I have never once seen a comment from a Leaf fan saying that Bobby will only go to the Leafs. Do you have examples or was this just a lame means of getting in a shot at Leafs fans?

Lots of Leafs fans saying they really want him and some really one-sided trade proposals, but thats what HFboards is about, isn't it? Overvalue your own players and undervalue every everyone else.

Old
06-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delayed Offside View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Here is a quality player that wants to stay in Anaheim, has elite potential and isn't asking for $5m? My lord, if I was a Duck I'd be offering him 4 years at $5m without blinking an eye. No wonder the kid is confused...

I do find this bit interesting from the article:

Quote:
The club does have the cap space this time around to match an offer sheet, which Ryan acknowledged that he may need to look at if an agreement isn’t reached.
“I would have to if nothing happens,” he said. “First and foremost, I definitely would like to have it settled before then. But you have to take care of yourself.”

Ok, the Ducks would match but you can bet your bottom dollar he'd get $5m as an offer sheet. The Ducks need to get on an sign him and quit quibbling over 1 year. IMO, Ryan holds the power here - I wouldn't test him to see if he'll use it. Kid clearly wants to stay in Anaheim, why not get it done?!

Old
06-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Doctor Perry Cox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
I have never once seen a comment from a Leaf fan saying that Bobby will only go to the Leafs. Do you have examples or was this just a lame means of getting in a shot at Leafs fans?

Lots of Leafs fans saying they really want him and some really one-sided trade proposals, but thats what HFboards is about, isn't it? Overvalue your own players and undervalue every everyone else.
Here's the thing.

There's more hockey media in Toronto than anywhere else, leading to more trade rumors and speculation.

So, when we just make a thread about a specific rumor and discuss it the way 29 other teams' fans would, it looks like "OMG EVERY1 TO TRAWNNA! LEZ TRADE AKI BERG, ALYN MCCAULEY, N A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR WAYNE GRETZKY! MAYBE THROW IN JONAS HOGLUND AND WE CAN GET LEMIEUX AS WELL?".

Closed Thread