HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan talks about contract situation

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Unholy
waifu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Do you remeber when Sid signed his last contract?

He took 500k under the max after telling everyone he was willing to take a discount to help the team move forward.........500k thats right a league mini, that's how you help a team????? allow them to add a 23rd man!

Money makes the deal go down, the hockey business is no different from the oil business which is no different from the car business which is no different from the justice business ad nauseum
Man you are wayyyy out in left field wow

Old
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Why would Bobby Ryan be getting comparable pay to Perry and Getzlaf yet?
I agree that he shouldn't be getting their contract, but we've argued about this several times on the Ducks board, and there are a few reasons it could happen.

1. He's accomplished more than Perry when he signed his extension.

2. This is the most obvious one IMO, other teams would give it to him.

You're right though, he definitely hasn't earned that contract yet.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:14 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Man you are wayyyy out in left field wow
We'll revisit this July 1

Old
06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
HemskyToHall*

I think Ryan will resign in the next few days for 5 years averaging 5 Mil per.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:36 PM
crazyforhockey

two teams fans driving cars off a cliff and laughing at the other fans base--priceless

Bottom line surprised anh hasnt gotten the deal done yet.

Fan spam wont entice a player to sign with your team...probably the opposite effect.

Anh if not on the ball...BR will recieve a offer sheet and it wont be cheap.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
two teams fans driving cars off a cliff and laughing at the other fans base--priceless

Bottom line surprised anh hasnt gotten the deal done yet.

Fan spam wont entice a player to sign with your team...probably the opposite effect.

Anh if not on the ball...BR will recieve a offer sheet and it wont be cheap.
To bad burke isn't still there,Edmonton would of done a crazy offer sheet just to pee him off. lol.

Could he swing vanek type money? i'd hope for a bit more than penner got. but can he garner it.

Edit: The only team I feel is driving a car off a cliff is Calgary, it seems they're purposely trying to suck and destroy the team. Evil Sutter mwuahahahha.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:45 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
To bad burke isn't still there,Edmonton would of done a crazy offer sheet just to pee him off. lol.

Could he swing vanek type money? i'd hope for a bit more than penner got. but can he garner it.

Edit: The only team I feel is driving a car off a cliff is Calgary, it seems they're purposely trying to suck and destroy the team. Evil Sutter mwuahahahha.
true.....Sutter asleep at the wheel and they let him keep driving ......he just might bring them to the promised land...the whole while the flames fan base are screaming in the back seat

Old
06-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Adversary

Quote:
Well at least the Oilers have something to look forward too, unlike the leafs who are stuck watching the Bruins draft all their woulda/shoulda/coulda had players.

HA. I can't wait till the oilers finish way above Toronto.

To the topic:

I feel Bobby ryan will get 4.5 over 5 making him in the running with Ales Hemsky for "Great contract value" status.
you just don't understand lmao

Old
06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
you just don't understand lmao
Nothing to understand, you're trying to drag Edmonton to the gutter with you.

And that's not where we are, we have a bright future FULL of great prospects. and only did bad the past 2 years because we led the league in injuries, YAY. lets poke at crippled kids cause I'M COOL.

YOU just don't get it. YOUR TEAM IS SCREWED for LOTS OF YEARS and NO amount of OVER VALUEING your players will make it BETTER. face it.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Varius

Could this just be a case of his agent pushing for more money in his own interest? It appears Bobby is not too involved, letting his agent handle things - and his agent may be the one being greedy here?

Old
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
I have never once seen a comment from a Leaf fan saying that Bobby will only go to the Leafs. Do you have examples or was this just a lame means of getting in a shot at Leafs fans?

Lots of Leafs fans saying they really want him and some really one-sided trade proposals, but thats what HFboards is about, isn't it? Overvalue your own players and undervalue every everyone else.
Well look up bozaks comments on the ducks board. Him and one of his buddies said exactly that. Not a jab at all leaf fans, only the few massive idiots

Old
06-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
Could this just be a case of his agent pushing for more money in his own interest? It appears Bobby is not too involved, letting his agent handle things - and his agent may be the one being greedy here?
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Also, we need a mod to come in and clean up all the off-topic bickering in here. Way to derail an interesting thread guys.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Quote:
I am sure Ryan wants more money too. We give athletes too much benefit of the doubt. 99% of the NHL players know it is stupid to say to a news reporter 'I hate this city, the fans are terrible, I should be getting paid a lot more than our star players'.

As for Toronto, it seems pretty clear he has no interest in going there. I am not going to deny that. But he definitely would be welcoming an offer sheet if he was to be paid more by teams willing to give up assets.

But he's a player that could get 6 million dollars from a desperate team.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Bejamin1*

The issue is obviously contract length if he's not seeking to be paid higher than Getzlaf or Perry. Use your brains people.

His agent wants a shorter term deal that would end with Bobby Ryan hitting free agency and getting potentially a huge payday. The Ducks want a longer-term contract at a cap hit just below Getzlaf and Perry.

The longer the term goes the more the Ryan group will want the cap hit to be similar to what Getzlaf and Perry are getting. The shorter the contract the closer they will go to 4.0M so they make sure it ends when he can be a UFA.

That's obviously what they would be arguing over and it's something that would be easy to argue about and could take some time. Either way he'll end up getting signed in the end.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Adversary

Quote:
Yeah well it wasn't me who posted that, so i'm responding to your ridiculous antics.

Well hey, the oilers have the CHL's top prospect Eberle coming up, the #1 overall pick and another top pick in MPS next year, i'm pretty sure we arn't finishing worse than the leafs. We sucked, yes, when we had 500 man games lost to injury 3 years in a row. yes sir. at least we have a reason. You have burke who is going to destroy your team worse than it was like he does to every other club he manages. Good luck with that, if that holds true your arena is going to burn down considering your team.

Too bad none of this is fairy tale.
blah blah blah

bragging about how bad your team sucks and how low they have finished for years is not proving your point.

Making excuses isn't doing you any favors either. I could mention that the Leafs had the worst goalie in the NHL and blame our finish on that, but I won't because thems the breaks.

Looks like in your mind it's okay for fans of other crappy teams to poke fun at the leafs, but I post one little pronger picture and you get your panties all in a bunch.

Try walking a mile in a leaf fans shoes on this site and I think you'd end up in one of these:

Old
06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
blah blah blah

bragging about how bad your team sucks and how low they have finished for years is not proving your point.

Making excuses isn't doing you any favors either. I could mention that the Leafs had the worst goalie in the NHL and blame our finish on that, but I won't because thems the breaks.

Looks like in your mind it's okay for fans of other crappy teams to poke fun at the leafs, but I post one little pronger picture and you get your panties all in a bunch.

Try walking a mile in a leaf fans shoes on this site and I think you'd end up in one of these:

It's easy to do that

"TO ANA: Kaberle, Kulemin

TO TOR: Bobby Ryan, first rounder, Perry

I don't know though, ANA might need to add more"

Old
06-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Spot on.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Spot on.
it's the case alot of the time with any player.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Hugo Sham

“If I were traded, I know there’s places I’d like to go and places I wouldn’t like to go. That’s something that still out of my hands. But if someone e-mails me another Toronto article, I’m going to lose it.”

Old
06-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
“If I were traded, I know there’s places I’d like to go and places I wouldn’t like to go. That’s something that still out of my hands. But if someone e-mails me another Toronto article, I’m going to lose it.”
Bobby Ryan is my new favorite player, hell i'd pay him 5mil to make that comment, let alone his play

Old
06-20-2010, 02:18 PM
LaFan1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
So all the Pacific Divisions team fans are busy 2-mailing Bobby ........ maybe they
can get him to sit out a year in an instution.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
I think it's the opposite, Murray trying to squeeze the number as low as he can. He's been somewhat stingy with guys lower on the totem pole so far. Though its much easier to squeeze a fourth liner/ bottom pairing guy that your nr.2 goalscorer, it wouldn't surprise me oif he tries.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Well at least the Oilers have something to look forward too, unlike the leafs who are stuck watching the Bruins draft all their woulda/shoulda/coulda had players.

HA. I can't wait till the oilers finish way above Toronto.

To the topic:

I feel Bobby ryan will get 4.5 over 5 making him in the running with Ales Hemsky for "Great contract value" status.
Agreed. I feel that this is what he'll receive from Murray and he'll take it and stay in Anaheim, and then all those Leaf proposals shall stop.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:49 PM
AmazingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Do you remeber when Sid signed his last contract?

He took 500k under the max after telling everyone he was willing to take a discount to help the team move forward.........500k thats right a league mini, that's how you help a team????? allow them to add a 23rd man!

Money makes the deal go down, the hockey business is no different from the oil business which is no different from the car business which is no different from the justice business ad nauseum
How much money do you make, annually? I'll take a shot and say you make around 45k-55k a year? That's just based on averages as I don't know you at all and I'm not judging.. But imagine you make 50k a year. Now if I remember correctly, his contract length was 5-7 years.. Which, 5-7x 500k = 2.5-3.5m, means he gives up around 3m in salary. He gave up the equivalent of sixty years of your salary as a paycut and you don't think that's a good paycut!?!?!? Some of you guys have lost perspective of REAL life dollars. Honestly from what you've said you expect Sidney to take a 3m/year paycut and that is absolutely ridiculous. Go out and see what five thousand buys you, multiply that by 100 and think that that much is how much he is giving up annually.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
Man, I'm really glad I read that amazing article about the Leafs and Oilers today.

Closed Thread