HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan talks about contract situation

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
The second one doesn't even say he'll go to the Leafs and the first one uses the word "Maybe" and the "Sarcasm" smilie.
The 2nd one doesn't specify the Leafs only, it's more there because it's ironic that the very poster who asked for a link is one who implied such.

The 1st one by itself doesn't say it all in that particular post, but if you read the rest of his posts in the thread he has some crazy conspiracy theory that Bobby wants to play with his best friend Kessel, and that's why he hasn't signed. Also that he's turned down airplanes or yachts or some other crazy crap from the Ducks. And that the Ducks owe it to him to accommodate his wishes, and to take back nothing of value in return. The 1st one is probably some kind of troll account.

The first post of the chain is an exaggeration, but there really HAVE been people saying those kinds of things. Exactly that Ryan will sign with the Leafs and no one else? Not quite. But definitely that he won't sign with the Ducks, and that he would sign with the Leafs.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:07 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
You've shown you dont understand the situation and are unable to read, I think you should stop posting
and perhaps you should stop insulting people.... let's get past the nonsense

Mike Camalleri told everyone he didn't want to play in Toronto because as he says "he lives there", when the fact is, the Montreal offer was 11m more over term.........

yes it has an extra year from the toronto offer,,,,,,so I suppose you could say it was about term, but what it really comes down to is money and how much!

Many people feel that somehow players should be altruistic or something just as noble, unfortunately they're not, they're just professionals at the end of the day.

As I said before let's re-visit this July 1, either the Ducks cave and he signs before that or they match an offer sheet and Ryan signs for one year and then takes them to arbitration the following year.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Rude Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
Yeah well it wasn't me who posted that, so i'm responding to your ridiculous antics.

Well hey, the oilers have the CHL's top prospect Eberle coming up, the #1 overall pick and another top pick in MPS next year, i'm pretty sure we arn't finishing worse than the leafs. We sucked, yes, when we had 500 man games lost to injury 3 years in a row. yes sir. at least we have a reason. You have burke who is going to destroy your team worse than it was like he does to every other club he manages. Good luck with that, if that holds true your arena is going to burn down considering your team.

Too bad none of this is fairy tale.
Drama major ? Burke can destroy my team all he wants as long as he leaves a Stanley Cup banner behind.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
[/B]

This cracks everyone up except Leafs fans of course
I love it!

Old
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Ryan will end up signing with Anaheim for about $5M per, this bickering is all for not.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
You've shown you dont understand the situation and are unable to read, I think you should stop posting
closing in on the 1st of July

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-extension.php

Quote:
Perhaps the most surprising, and under the radar, news of this past week was when Ducks GM Bob Murray revealed that the Ducks had given forward Bobby Ryan a contract offer in the range of five-years, $20-$25 million -- and that Ryan had reportedly turned that offer down.

That supposedly put Ryan's future with the team in doubt, as it's unlikely he's worth more than $5 million a season as this point. Murray quelled that speculation, however, stating that the team will qualify Ryan before the RFA deadline today.

"We're going to do what is right for the organization," he said. "I'm in no hurry to do anything whatsoever."

When asked if he'll match any offer sheet that could come Ryan's way or sit back and consider the amount, Murray flatly said, "If somebody wants to give him an offer sheet, we have lots of space. We'll match."

Today, the Ducks did in fact send a qualifying offer to Ryan. Negotiations will certainly continue, but it doesn't appear that Murray is in any rush to overpay for Ryan. They'll keep working on an extension, but I don't see the Ducks budging much from their original offer.
gettin sticky

Old
06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
SEALBound

Come play with Sidney is Pittsburgh.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Talentless Practise*

Bobby is in exactly the same situation as Marc Staal, he doesn't have arbitration rights and therefore his only leverage is to hold out or attract an offer sheet. Neither of those guys is ever going to sign in the KHL and holding out does no good for their careers. Their agents may thint they'll attract an offer sheet but i seriously doubt it. There's absolutely no reason for Sather or Murray to bend over backwards in these negotiations.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by quysauce View Post
I also feel like in the past couple of years, I played in a position where I can be mentioned among them.

Sounds like he wants the same money for 4 years. taking him to UFA status.
Still sounds like the term. And Murray low balling him a bit.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Philly would welcome you with open arms; come home, son.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Philly would welcome you with open arms; come home, son.
Unfortunately you don't have any young to pairing dmen.

expecting a philly fan to post "Coburn-smiley"

Old
06-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
[/B]

Oh no, I laughed.

Old
06-29-2010, 10:54 PM
bdp

Kinda sounds like a ******, Ducks better trade him soon for whatever they can get.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano View Post
Kinda sounds like a ******, Ducks better trade him soon for whatever they can get.
I'm sure it's a lot easier to be a good character team guy when your GM bends over backwards and throws 6.6 at you.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Clueless View Post
I'm sure it's a lot easier to be a good character team guy when your GM bends over backwards and throws 6.6 at you.
I like how you assume I'm an Avs fan just because I'm pimping Joey Hishon.

Instead of pointing out which part of my post you disagree with, just attack "my team". Good work.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

I emailed him like 50 times, glad to hear he received them.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
TheUndertow40Six2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Perry Cox View Post
Here's the thing.

There's more hockey media in Toronto than anywhere else, leading to more trade rumors and speculation.

So, when we just make a thread about a specific rumor and discuss it the way 29 other teams' fans would, it looks like "OMG EVERY1 TO TRAWNNA! LEZ TRADE AKI BERG, ALYN MCCAULEY, N A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR WAYNE GRETZKY! MAYBE THROW IN JONAS HOGLUND AND WE CAN GET LEMIEUX AS WELL?".
I'll give you Owen Nolan for Alyn McCauley, Brad Boyes, and a 1st

Old
06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
I like how you assume I'm an Avs fan just because I'm pimping Joey Hishon.

Instead of pointing out which part of my post you disagree with, just attack "my team". Good work.
I like how you assume i'm attacking any team. Do you disagree with what i said about it being easier to sign a contract when you get a lot more money? If Bob Murray gave him 6 per year he'd sign instantly, would that make him less of a ******?

Old
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
12 oz Papa*

Quote:
Might want to educate yourself on the situation rather than attack the player.

He's far from a "******".

Old
06-30-2010, 01:13 AM
heartandsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
LOL even Ryan knows how absurd they are and that there is no future in the teammmm...snap!
You misunderstood what he meant. He didnt make any negative comments towards the Leafs, he just was negative to the amount of emails talking about the leafs that made him irritated.

Old
06-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Habiton

Leave the guy alone for a bit. If he wants out, he will ask for a trade, or wait until the Ducks are straight f***ed contract wise and then he will get a massive overpayment in the form of an offer sheet.

Old
06-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
Bobby Ryan spoke with the OC Register recently about his contract negotiations with the Ducks. Here's The Link, and some interesting parts:

On staying with the Ducks:

My stance and my only stance is Id like to remain in Anaheim, he said. Ive said Im going to let you guys handle it. I know youve handled big names and you guys are the pros in this sense. Go do your thing and keep me in the loop.

On getting paid more than Getzlaf or Perry:

Ryan made clear that he isnt seeking to become the Ducks highest-paid forward. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are both on five-year contract extensions with identical salary cap hits worth $5.325 million. Perry is scheduled to make $5.375,000 million in 2010-11; Getzlaf will make $5,125,000.

Not even close, Ryan said of seeking comparable or better salaries. I completely understand that nobody makes more than Getzlaf and Perry. I have no problem with that. I never expected that. I know those are the two guys and we build from there.

I also feel like in the past couple of years, I played in a position where I can be mentioned among them.

On the trade rumors:

If I were traded, I know theres places Id like to go and places I wouldnt like to go. Thats something that still out of my hands. But if someone e-mails me another Toronto article, Im going to lose it.
Oh come on you know on the trade rumors is just lip service, and his heart really wants to go to the leafs for Kaberle

Old
06-30-2010, 04:47 AM
MarcWagz

Quote:
[/B]

I dunno I'm a leafs fan but still find it pretty amusing

Old
06-30-2010, 05:11 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWagz View Post
I dunno I'm a leafs fan but still find it pretty amusing
Same here. It sounds as if he have good character. He will sign a deal that both him and the ducks are happy with.

Old
06-30-2010, 05:24 AM
stonedhenge

I think Ducks should sign Kovalchuk and then try to trade Ryan for a top defender (maybe Suter, Preds need scoring bad).

Closed Thread