HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Poster Question

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2004, 07:44 PM
  #1
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
New Poster Question

Hey guys and gals..............this is my first post here. It took me a while to figure out where my comf email went to, but only 5 weeks later here I am
I have been reading the boards for a while now and have learned a lot about prospects doing so. I have been a Rangers fan since I was 6 when my dad got me into them. Kovalev is my all time favorite player (I know he may not be popular here, but I love hi skill guys and he has tons of that). My most hates teams in EXACT order are Islanders, Devils, Flyers.
As far as the draft goes I'm hoping we can land another first rounder. From reading these boards I don't understand why everyone wants to dump Jamie now. After being drafted he spent two more years in JR with Seattle correct? Then one season in Hardford. Parts of his 2nd pro season in NY and HDF and last year all with NY. I think that he is a better option with the experience he has for next year compared to a 17 year old kid coming out of the draft. I also like the fact that he and Holik seem to get a long well which is another reason why I don't see him going anywhere since I read on this board that Slats is gonna let Holik and Jagr get some input into who we aquire? Another thing about Jamie that I seem to like is that he could develop into a good df foward that can score some also...........we really need some guys who can PK BAD! Again this is my first post and just wondering why everyone seems down on Jamie............he is still young himself and now that we are finially going with youth it's his chance to shine.


I also like the dancing bannana

Radek27 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:13 PM
  #2
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Welcome to the boards!

I personally don't like Lundmark, he seems so lost, and limited talent wise. I say include him in a trade to move up in the 1st round, he still has some worth, especially to Phoenix, who, everyone knows, is in love with him.

BTW, Radek, I'm in love with Olesz, so if you mention the draft, you'll be seeing me keep saying stuff about Olesz, I'm like an Olesz-addict. So, watch out.

I also love the banannas, but haven't had the chance to use 'em.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:17 PM
  #3
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I also like what I read about Olesz except that concussion. To me that is a very bad word in sports. And is Olesz game in anyway comparible to Holik? From what I read about him he sounds like a Holik type player just with better offensive skills and hopefully not as loud a mouth.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:19 PM
  #4
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
I also like what I read about Olesz except that concussion. To me that is a very bad word in sports. And is Olesz game in anyway comparible to Holik? From what I read about him he sounds like a Holik type player just with better offensive skills and hopefully not as loud a mouth.
Yeah, he is like Holik, except a better all-around player. His potential is: 70-80 points, and win the Selke, in the same season! We have to get him! I wouldn't be that scared about his concussion, it seems like he has come back from it fine.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:24 PM
  #5
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
Welcome to the boards!

I personally don't like Lundmark, he seems so lost, and limited talent wise. I say include him in a trade to move up in the 1st round, he still has some worth, especially to Phoenix, who, everyone knows, is in love with him.

BTW, Radek, I'm in love with Olesz, so if you mention the draft, you'll be seeing me keep saying stuff about Olesz, I'm like an Olesz-addict. So, watch out.

I also love the banannas, but haven't had the chance to use 'em.
I dont love Olesz. I heard his upside is a Michael Peca type player. Although he is falling on alot of Draft boards, I love Schremp.

free0717 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:31 PM
  #6
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Yes and he is also Jesus Christ and Mother Teresa all in one. A can't miss package. Step right up in the merry bandwagon of the deluded.
I would hate the Rangers to pull a malhotra and trade him. I would like to see him either succeed or bust with the Rangers. I want to see this all the way through.

free0717 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:33 PM
  #7
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I would hate the Rangers to pull a malhotra and trade him. I would like to see him either succeed or bust with the Rangers. I want to see this all the way through.
Who? Olesz? or whoever we draft?

Also I think sometimes it reaches a point when both a prospect and the organization lose faith in each other, that is when it is best for both sides to make a trade.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:38 PM
  #8
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I dont love Olesz. I heard his upside is a Michael Peca type player. Although he is falling on alot of Draft boards, I love Schremp.
I've heard that too, but from a less respected draft website.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:39 PM
  #9
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Yes and he is also Jesus Christ and Mother Teresa all in one. A can't miss package. Step right up in the merry bandwagon of the deluded.
I am officially ignoring your posts. Your posts make ME feel smart.
You have lost all respect in my eyes.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:50 PM
  #10
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Don't worry that is how I felt about you in a while, all you do is try to hype up Olesz any chance you get like a mindless fool.
All you do is hype up Tukonen. Stop coming on this board and picking fights with people that are saying their opinions!

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:51 PM
  #11
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
ok now I feel bad ............this is my first post and look what happens

Good point about Manny though............will the Rangers have the patience to give Olesz time to develop if his offense isn't there right away like Manny? Can't say for sure.
Tukonen I wouldn't mind drafting along with Wolski just because we need leftwing the most IMO. Dawes is our best LW prospect and he is still about 2 years away.

I just don't think it's something to go that nutz about.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 08:53 PM
  #12
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
ok now I feel bad ............this is my first post and look what happens

Good point about Manny though............will the Rangers have the patience to give Olesz time to develop if his offense isn't there right away like Manny? Can't say for sure.
Tukonen I wouldn't mind drafting along with Wolski just because we need leftwing the most IMO. Dawes is our best LW prospect and he is still about 2 years away.

I just don't think it's something to go that nutz about.
Thanks Prucha! Don't feel bad. I am in love with Olesz, simple as that, he will be a star someday, that is why we need to do anything we can to get him. Prucha, don't trash my damn opinion, and make Radek feel bad!

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 09:15 PM
  #13
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
There is nothing intelligent about insulting anyone's opinion. Why does it bother you so much that he likes Olesz a lot? I just don't see anything wrong with what he said.
lets try a little more
instead of
:mad: :mad:

Radek27 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 09:17 PM
  #14
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I am trying to make intelligent arguements about what people think about certain prospects, but your dumbass posts keep interfering and spamming up the threads. Everybody already knows that you want Olesz, we get it you think he is a great player, but could you maybe shut up already. Glen Sather is not reading these boards so all your hype will not reach the Rangers management. So go run along and play with the rest of the 5 year olds with an attention deficit disorder.
Why do you keep coming on the boards to fight? YOU spam the boards, not me.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 09:20 PM
  #15
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
There is nothing intelligent about insulting anyone's opinion. Why does it bother you so much that he likes Olesz a lot? I just don't see anything wrong with what he said.
lets try a little more
instead of
:mad: :mad:
Okay, I'll try my hardest.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
  #16
Park #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I dont love Olesz. I heard his upside is a Michael Peca type player. Although he is falling on alot of Draft boards, I love Schremp.
Schremp is going to come back and haunt some teams if he drops.

Park #2 is offline  
Old
05-19-2004, 10:55 PM
  #17
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I guess this isn't a good time to say Malhotra sucks...

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
05-20-2004, 07:14 AM
  #18
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
Schremp is going to come back and haunt some teams if he drops.
Between falling in the scouting rankings and teams becoming negative on him, people have given him something to play for. I couldn't agree with you more Park

Blueshirt13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.