HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Contract for Hamhuis

Old
06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Timonen - Coburn
Hamhuis - Carle
Pronger - Bartulis

Pronger makes up for Barts mistakes, our defense is basically perfect up and down. All can split minutes pretty evenly even strength.
We need to reduce Pronger's minutes, but not to nearly 20 minutes.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:19 AM
headpred

vCash: 500
Rain on the parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
We need to reduce Pronger's minutes, but not to nearly 20 minutes.
I hate to rain on the parade in Philly, but... there is NO WAY Hamhuis signs there. Mark my words, you will NEVER see him in a Philly jersey.

headpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpred View Post
I hate to rain on the parade in Philly, but... there is NO WAY Hamhuis signs there. Mark my words, you will NEVER see him in a Philly jersey.
Other then trolling on our boards, whats your reason? Considering he said multiple times he wants to sign here....

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
God, could you please tell me the lottery numbers?

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
headpred

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Other then trolling on our boards, whats your reason? Considering he said multiple times he wants to sign here....
When did he say multiple times he wants to sign there. And if he does, why hasn't he?

Old
06-24-2010, 12:26 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
wow, for your first post, you sure made it a enlighting and truthfull one.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
FlyerEra2010

Quote:
What makes you say this? His comments after the trade made it seem like he was pretty excited to be joining this franchise.

FlyerEra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
headpred

Quote:
OK - I'll stop being cheeky. I have followed the Preds for quite awhile now and I think he is just a smarter guy than to sign right away without seeing what offers there are on the open market. He may sign in Philly, but I would be surprised.
Blood pressure can drop now.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:32 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Truth hurts. Too bad you gave Nashville a prospect and a pick for NOTHING!
one, Ryan Parent is no longer a prospect. Hes a young player that will have back problems his entire career. 2, that conditional pick goes to Philly.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:36 AM
FlyerEra2010

Quote:
What's he going to say... "Uh, I flattered that you traded for my rights, but... I am not coming here."
He pretty much called himself a Flyer at that point. It doesn't matter though, the point of my post was asking why you were 100% certain he'd never join this team. But you answered that saying you were just 'being cheeky'. We can move on...

Old
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
headpred

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerEra2010 View Post
He pretty much called himself a Flyer at that point. It doesn't matter though, the point of my post was asking why you were 100% certain he'd never join this team. But you answered that saying you were just 'being cheeky'. We can move on...
You must admit though, it wouldn't make sense to sign now. Unless he is totally blown away.

My true theory is that this whole thing is Joe Watson (being from the same hometown) thinking he has a connection with Hamhuis, hoping to convince him to sign. That is why they wanted exclusive negotiating rights.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
OK - I'll stop being cheeky. I have followed the Preds for quite awhile now and I think he is just a smarter guy than to sign right away without seeing what offers there are on the open market. He may sign in Philly, but I would be surprised.
Blood pressure can drop now.
Why did J-Bo sign with Calgary without hitting the market? What about other players who signed beforehand before hitting the market?

I can see your a big Hamhuis fan and for some reason dislike the Flyers (being honest, I have no love or hate of the preds considering I hardly ever watch them).

We have 2 BIG things in our favor:

1) We have 2 x Preds on our team, more favorable Timonen, who Hamhuis and him are friends.

2) We recently just competed for the Stanley Cup. 90% of our team is still intact. The main core is still intact. We grab a solid goalie, we can win it.

Surprisingly for some/alot of players, playing for a team that looks like they can win the Stanely Cup is more important then a mil or so more and playing for a ****** team. Rumors have it we are offering around 4 mil per year. He is foolish to think he can get more then 5 on the market.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:41 AM
FlyerEra2010

Quote:
You must admit though, it wouldn't make sense to sign now. Unless he is totally blown away.
Depends, I guess. If he gets offered something he thinks is fair and wants a chance at winning, I wouldn't call it stupid to make a deal now.

But if even the smallest amount of extra money makes a difference to him, then yeah, you're probably right he won't be signing with us at least until he hears from other teams, too.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:45 AM
headpred

Quote:
Why did J-Bo sign with Calgary without hitting the market? What about other players who signed beforehand before hitting the market?

I can see your a big Hamhuis fan and for some reason dislike the Flyers (being honest, I have no love or hate of the preds considering I hardly ever watch them).

We have 2 BIG things in our favor:

1) We have 2 x Preds on our team, more favorable Timonen, who Hamhuis and him are friends.

2) We recently just competed for the Stanley Cup. 90% of our team is still intact. The main core is still intact. We grab a solid goalie, we can win it.

Surprisingly for some/alot of players, playing for a team that looks like they can win the Stanely Cup is more important then a mil or so more and playing for a ****** team. Rumors have it we are offering around 4 mil per year. He is foolish to think he can get more then 5 on the market.
Valid points - J-Bo was silly IMHO.

Hamhuis and Timmo friends. Not sure how you figured that. They did spend some time together in Nashville and are likely on good terms, not sure they would be classified as buds. How come you never mentioned the other ex-pred? Oh, it's because he's a donkey.

Yes, they had a good cup run, granted they were a shoot-out goal away from missing the play-offs. However, Vancouver, San Jose (having a big hole to fill with Blake's retirement) are pretty decent teams as well.

For the record, I have nothing against the Broadstreet bullies.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:47 AM
clockwise

Quote:
Why did J-Bo sign with Calgary without hitting the market?
Because he's a goober. I wouldn't use him in a double blind case study.

Is there any news about the negotiations? Haven't heard a peep since the trade.

clockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:48 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Valid points - J-Bo was silly IMHO.

Hamhuis and Timmo friends. Not sure how you figured that. They did spend some time together in Nashville and are likely on good terms, not sure they would be classified as buds. How come you never mentioned the other ex-pred? Oh, it's becuae he's a donkey.

Yes, they had a good cup run, granted they were a shoot-out goal away from missing the play-offs. However, Vancouver, San Jose (having a big whole to fill with Blake's retirement) are pretty decent teams as well.
Articles and actually Pred fans on the main board saying it. Not posting links, you can look it up.

Sure, Vancouver and SJ could offer him money, and hey, if they are willing to pay him 5 mil per year, good luck to them. I sure as hell wouldnt. What we lost Parent and got a random pick? Oh well, Parent is hurt 90% of the time anyway and during playoffs got replaced by Bartulis. Doesnt hurt us. He was an RFA and we were receiving a pick anyway if someone offered him something.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
2Claude2Giroux

He mentioned Timonen because that's a chance it will be his defensive partner.

And Hartnell is one of the most popular players in the locker room. I'm pretty sure everyone likes him a lot. I know his play wasn't that great last year but most of his teammates love him.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:00 AM
decadentia

Quote:
I think he could probably get equal $$ on a west coast team (being a BC kid) that would have equal odds of winning next year.
I think I like ham sammiches. Gah, that doesn't really give us any insight on whether he's going to sign either, does it?

Keep to your guesses, you have no inside knowledge and only can speculate like the rest of us.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
In all honesty is he really a premiere FA? His stats aren't amazing and in the play-offs he seemed a little undersized. Did you see Hossa throw him into the boards? I am not a huge Hamhuis fan. I like him, but not sure he is the answer.
hes doesnt have to be the answer in Philly. He is being brought in to add to our fantastic depth on the blueline.

Old
06-24-2010, 01:09 AM
headpred

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
hes doesnt have to be the answer in Philly. He is being brought in to add to our fantastic depth on the blueline.
Fair enough - just seems like a lot of hype over someone who isn't going to play there.

Besides Krajicek already wears #2 - for sure Hamhuis aint signing!!

Old
06-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Dude, you are blatantly trolling now. Sad considering you made this account to come post here. Go post this crap on the Preds board with your nice new account.
He's the guy they make all those stupid "U mad!?" pictures for.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Or maybe Homer reallly wants to stick it to everyone else when the first thing that happens on Draft Day is NOT the 1st overall pick, but Bettman announcing to the entire world that the Philadelphia Flyers just signed Danny H and they might as well skip everything and just go right to the parade down broad street.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 07:17 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Could you please share that? Because I haven't seen that. All I ever saw was the typical "Philly is a great organization and has a great team" sort of comments.

Not once did I see "I want to sign here."

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Miss Mess

If he does sign, we will have 4 Dan's on this team haha

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:52 AM
phlflyer1