HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some moves that may happen(from edmonton journal)

Old
06-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If that's the offer of Gauthier he gets his choice of either Huet or Campbell
Oh, c'mon, be fair. Campbell actually has value despite his contract.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:59 PM
JKG33
Richards & Carter

what would it take for the Leafs to get Sharp and Versteeg besides Schenn & Kadri?

JKG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:02 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
More reasonable than Rosival. Minni could use him, but then again, so could a handful of other teams.
Ya, sure, they could use Ribeiro the player.

Just not at his cap hit and age in addition to moving Burns. They'd have a tough time fitting everyone under the cap keeping in mind they've also need to extend Mikko Koivu and Latendresse, in addition to Bouchard's up in the air status as well as further adding to the team.

The Wild are a lot closer to rebuilding than they are contending. Moving a young, potentially high end player for a 30 year old expensive player doesn't exactly help their end game in all of this.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKG33 View Post
what would it take for the Leafs to get Sharp and Versteeg besides Schenn & Kadri?
Wont be getting both without either of those prospects coming our way or takign Campbell's contract with them

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Cappie2k2

Souray & 4th rounder for Stafford & 3rd rounder...

Cappie2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
JKG33
Richards & Carter

Quote:
Wont be getting both without either of those prospects coming our way or takign Campbell's contract with them
What if Chicago dumped Campbell somewhere else (not Toronto), could Sharp and Versteeg be had for Kaberle and maybe Caputi?

JKG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:16 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I'd definitely take Connolly in a straight up deal. Or would the Sabres expect more? Can't see much more than a 4th or 5th rder added.
i think the Sabres would do it straight up. Similar salaries and allows them to pursue a C through trade or free agency

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie2k2 View Post
What about Souray + Cogliano or Nillson or Potulny for Rivet + Stafford?

Ringo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Ellipson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Wizard Eater View Post
Avs will take Versteeg and Sopel for a 2nd.
This makes sense from an Avs perspective. Do this, let the team develop and hit whatever roadbumps they're going to hit next year, then Sopel is off the books next year.

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
i think the Sabres would do it straight up. Similar salaries and allows them to pursue a C through trade or free agency
How long is Connolly signed for? If 3 years or less, I do Souray for him no questions asked.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
according to Jim matthieson of the Edmonton journal

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...724/story.html

kris Verteeg could be had for a second rounder--but the team will need to take Brent Sopal as well

Burns is available for a center

Dallas looking to move Roberio

Souray could be a fit in Buffalo

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...333/story.html

ray whitney to the pens

Boston has interest in oiler pick riley nash who reportedly has zero interest in the oilers

Thinks Patty M will end up with the kings and not Kovey
I'm going to talk about the bolded. That's not what the article said. Matty said that Riley Nash is an offensive-minded centre and that Gagner, Brule and Cogliano are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Last edited by Narnia: 06-20-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I wonder now if Souray would waive his NTC to come to Buffalo. dreger said in feb Buffalo approached Edmonton about him but Souray refused to waive
Spouray's NMC expires on July 1, 2010 and the Oilers can trade Souray to wherever they want to when the NMC expires.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
How long is Connolly signed for? If 3 years or less, I do Souray for him no questions asked.
1yr, 4.5mil. Too good to be true if you ask me.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:26 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Dubinsky was used as a LW'er for a good part of the season.
He's still a center.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Spouray's NMC expires on July 1, 2010 and the Oilers can trade Souray to wherever they want to when the NMC expires.
Even then, i'm sure a team who he WOULDNT waive to go to would be skeptical in acquiring him since he could pull this crap again and ask for another trade.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:29 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I'm going to talk about the bolded. That's not what the article said. Matty said that Riley Nash as an offensive-minded centre and that Gagner, Brule and Cogliano are ahead of him on the depth chart.

there has been a heated debated in Edmonton for awhile--Riley and the oilers are not on the same page and matthieson has previously talked about the fact he doubts that Riley wants to go to Edmonton due to previous dealings with the oilers

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Ya, sure, they could use Ribeiro the player.

Just not at his cap hit and age in addition to moving Burns. They'd have a tough time fitting everyone under the cap keeping in mind they've also need to extend Mikko Koivu and Latendresse, in addition to Bouchard's up in the air status as well as further adding to the team.

The Wild are a lot closer to rebuilding than they are contending. Moving a young, potentially high end player for a 30 year old expensive player doesn't exactly help their end game in all of this.
All valid points, but I don't agree that Ribeiro's age and expense would downgrade his value in a trade talk scenario.

.95 PPG over the past 3 season putting up on average around 23 goals while not playing with top wingers. And his even strength numbers are as good as Richards'.

I'd say age and maturity are working in his favor, of course thats a judgement call, but I think most would agree he's alot more physically and mentally mature than he was in his Montreal days.

Not trying to sell you the Ribs because I think there may be better value out there, but IMO Burns won't fetch you a lot better return considering his more recent injury and consistency issues.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Boondock

Quote:
He doesn't look the same to me as he did

He may still have been recovering but last year he just didn't look like the young franchise dman he was on track to be

Didn't help that I saw him on ice with Barker a few times ,,,,,,, That in its self can drag down his play. Hard to be a d partner for a wreck like Barker and look good
He was Canada's best dman at the World Championships and was playing 23+ mins a game. The concern would be once you've had a concussion are you one hit away from never returning? And yes healthy he would be better then Campbell and Hammer

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:34 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Patrick Sharp, 2010 1st and Leddy for Burns

Souray to the Sabres for Roy, or Souray and Cogliano to the Sabres for Vanek and 2nd

Ribeiro and Brunnstrom to Anaheim for Ryan and 6th

Nash and Cogliano to the Bruins for 15th overall and 3rd

I'd like to see Versteeg and Sopel for 2nd, if ya guys want Ballard, throw in Byfuglien and we'll take out the second, make it a fifth.

And LA should forget Marleau and go for Kovy, although they will give Doughty and Schenn tons of money in the near future, and a few other good players.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:36 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

In regards to ALL the Burns proposals and offers, etc...

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Dutch Dreams

Wow. I never read the Journal because it's of the most generic **** out there, and it goes through mostly just local news. However, that trade speculation is of the most accurate I've seen from any professional hockey speculation (TSN, various other national newspapers, etc..

If I were the Ranger's I wouldn't dump Dubinsky. Maybe for a prospect? Anisimov? I just love the intensity Dubinsky brings game in game out. Him and Callahan are the Ranger's in my opinion, along with Staal, Lundqvist, etc..

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:43 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
Not trying to sell you the Ribs because I think there may be better value out there, but IMO Burns won't fetch you a lot better return considering his more recent injury and consistency issues.
Don't disagree with everything you're saying.

However the quoted sum of you're post is why I wouldn't be in favor of moving Burns. His value is just as low as it may likely ever be. I believe if you're going to move him, it shouldn't be at this point. I think the earliest would be at the deadline and more likely, next offseason.

As for Ribeiro, again, I like the guy as a player. Just given where this team currently is, by the time they may be best suited to make a run at anything, he may very well be on the downside of his career. I don't doubt he'd make a fairly good impact immediately. I just think the Wild are a pretty decent amount of time away from realistically competing.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie2k2 View Post
Done.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Done.
Not so sure I would do this. For cap reasons, it would be fantastic. It would mean however, that the Oilers plan on taking Seguin which I feel would be the wrong move.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Even then, i'm sure a team who he WOULDNT waive to go to would be skeptical in acquiring him since he could pull this crap again and ask for another trade.
I disagree. He forfeited any special considerations from Oiler management the second he decided to go public. He had to understand he ran that risk when he chose to do what he did. And with that understanding comes the understanding that any deal will accommodate the Oilers asset wise, not Souray location wise. Part of his problem was the Oilers not being a playoff team, in Buffalo that won't be an issue. Playing with a friend/former teammate in Rivet may also appeal to him. The bottom line is that Souray tarnished his own reputation by making public statements, the only way to prove he was justified is to shut up and play. He wants to feel wanted and important to the organization? Obviously any team trading for his services wants him. The guy is a helluva player when healthy, would be a big boost to the Sabres PP, and would get to play in a winning atmosphere. If he thinks he can posture with Oilers management, he's way off. Tambo could easily play hardball:

Tambo: "Sheldon, what do you think about becoming a Sabre?"

Souray: "I said the West Coast Steve!"

Tambo: "Sheldon, what do you think about becoming an Oklahoma City Baron?"

Souray: "I wonder if TO wants to sell his place?"

As far as the basis of the deal, I can't see how it doesn't happen. Buffalo could use a PP triggerman and some added toughness. Check and Check. Injury problems? Connolly has played fewer games than Souray since the lockout by a wide margin. Both players are very effective when healthy, so I see little risk from either team. Really like Connolly's skill set.

Make this happen Tambo.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote