HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some moves that may happen(from edmonton journal)

Old
06-20-2010, 02:57 PM
CaptPantalones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Patrick Sharp, 2010 1st and Leddy for Burns

Souray to the Sabres for Roy, or Souray and Cogliano to the Sabres for Vanek and 2nd

Ribeiro and Brunnstrom to Anaheim for Ryan and 6th

Nash and Cogliano to the Bruins for 15th overall and 3rd

I'd like to see Versteeg and Sopel for 2nd, if ya guys want Ballard, throw in Byfuglien and we'll take out the second, make it a fifth.

And LA should forget Marleau and go for Kovy, although they will give Doughty and Schenn tons of money in the near future, and a few other good players.
your drunk if you think the Sabres EVER consider Roy or vanek in a deal for Souray. Unless were packaging to get the #1 pick or Eberle, neither is even up for discussion

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
Not so sure I would do this. For cap reasons, it would be fantastic. It would mean however, that the Oilers plan on taking Seguin which I feel would be the wrong move.

I don't see how trading Souray for Stafford would impact who we take. Whoever Edmonton takes is already number one on the depth chart.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
I don't see how trading Souray for Stafford would impact who we take. Whoever Edmonton takes is already number one on the depth chart.
I look at the number of wingers that we will have in the next 2 years:
Penner
Hemsky
MPS
Eberle
Brule
Potentially Hall
Stafford (If your trade Happens)
Omark
Cogliano
Most of these guys are top 6 or nothing imo. So my thoughts would be that we have decided on Seguin.
If Souray was traded for Connelly, then maybe that means Hall is the guy we are drafting. This is all speculation, and neither of these trades will probably happen, but...

Ringo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
rockinghockey

I think that Souray would be a good fit in Buffaloo. I would be happy with getting one of their young dmen prospects in return. At this point I am not interested in Vanek. We are rebuilding and his contract is too high for our team. We are going in the right direction. If Buffaloo wants to through in Stafford I would be ok with that. You never know he just might flourish here.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think that Souray would be a good fit in Buffaloo. I would be happy with getting one of their young dmen prospects in return. At this point I am not interested in Vanek. We are rebuilding and his contract is too high for our team. We are going in the right direction. If Buffaloo wants to through in Stafford I would be ok with that. You never know he just might flourish here.
Haha thats kind of our own fault

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Boston has interest in oiler pick riley nash who reportedly has zero interest in the oilers
That isn't mentioned in the article. In fact it hasn't been mentioned by a single credible news person that I've seen. It was speculation by one blogger based on how Nash said he wanted to be an NHL player once (rather than explicitly saying he wanted to be an Oiler)

If you can find a legitimate link, by all means provide one. But it doesn't say that in either article you posted.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Souray to the Sabres for Roy, or Souray and Cogliano to the Sabres for Vanek and 2nd
Souray for Roy straight up

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:41 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No he would not ,,, Have you seen Burns play since the concussions?

He is a shell of his former self and he would not be passing up either Campbell/Hjalmarsson on our depth chart

You have zero credability regarding the Wild. Burns missed the last 25 games in 2008-09 due to a concussion the Wild believed he played with for almost 2 months before being diagnosed. He came back to start 2009-10 and was probably brought back too soon.

He then missed 20 games early this past season and was playing much better when the Olympic break started. After the Olympic break his play was almost back to the level pre-injury. Note: If you de-value Burns then what must your thoughts on Patrice Bergeron be? His concussion was much worse and he is considered a star again. Remember, it took Bergeron almost a complete season before he returned to pre-injury form.

I should have a better idea of how his play has been; I've been a Wild season ticket holder since day 1 and have missed a handful of home games in their existence.

Last edited by North Metro Peewees: 06-20-2010 at 03:51 PM.
North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 03:50 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Souray and Nash for Stafford and Kassian.

It's basically Stafford for Souray with a swap of 1st round prospects (Nash and Kassian) who have fell out of favor with their respective clubs

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Burnt Biscuits

I like the idea of Souray for Connolly, both are good players when healthy and both have missed a ton of games to injury. Souray has a higher cap hit but they make exactly the same in terms of actual salary. Connolly's contract ends one year sooner, which fits better into Edmonton being able to rebuild it's team, and Souray addresses a real need on Buffalo's team. Seems like a win- win to me.

Burnt Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Hope Bringer

burns is being undervalued by a lot here i feel like.

value wise, i see burns for zajac as being realistic. Maybe add a draft pick on minnys side.

Burns and 3rd for zajac?.. am i totally off

Hope Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post

It's basically Stafford for Souray with a swap of 1st round prospects (Nash and Kassian) who have fell out of favor with their respective clubs
Did Kassian fall out of favor with the Sabres? I know he had the suspension, but didn't know that affected his future in Buffalo.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post

What's up with Kassian? I didn't know he was out of favor with the Sabres fanbase

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:50 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
That isn't mentioned in the article. In fact it hasn't been mentioned by a single credible news person that I've seen. It was speculation by one blogger based on how Nash said he wanted to be an NHL player once (rather than explicitly saying he wanted to be an Oiler)

If you can find a legitimate link, by all means provide one. But it doesn't say that in either article you posted.
actually

the talking heads on the team1260(dustin and chase) have talked about the fact that "their" sources make it clear there is problem between the oilers and the Riley camp. And how it has gotten worse since the draft.

This goes back to Nash deciding to go to Cornwell over schools that the Oilers suggested that had better hockey programs.

Nash has talked about the oilers situation and how they have other problems. The oiles approached him three times about going the WHL route and all three times they have been rebuffed. According to a report out of Cornwell, the nash family last May sent a letter to the oilers requesting all contract with Nash be severed untill he is finished with university play.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Patrick Sharp, 2010 1st and Leddy for Burns

I'd like to see Versteeg and Sopel for 2nd, if ya guys want Ballard, throw in Byfuglien and we'll take out the second, make it a fifth..
1st deal is laughable at best or one of the worst proposal's on HF in recent memory

2nd deal is also horrendous and not gonna happen. Why would we give away all that and in end take Ballard and his $ thus negating the point of the trade

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
actually

the talking heads on the team1260(dustin and chase) have talked about the fact that "their" sources make it clear there is problem between the oilers and the Riley camp. And how it has gotten worse since the draft.

This goes back to Nash deciding to go to Cornwell over schools that the Oilers suggested that had better hockey programs.

Nash has talked about the oilers situation and how they have other problems. The oiles approached him three times about going the WHL route and all three times they have been rebuffed. According to a report out of Cornwell, the nash family last May sent a letter to the oilers requesting all contract with Nash be severed untill he is finished with university play.
Link?

06-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
No he would not ,,, Have you seen Burns play since the concussions?

He is a shell of his former self and he would not be passing up either Campbell/Hjalmarsson on our depth chart
I have. He's made a ton of progress and looks like he's getting back into form.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
actually

Did the Oilers ever consider the possibility that Nash is going to Cornwell to get an education and that might mean more to him then developing as a hockey player?

Old
06-20-2010, 05:21 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Holiday View Post
burns is being undervalued by a lot here i feel like.

value wise, i see burns for zajac as being realistic. Maybe add a draft pick on minnys side.

Burns and 3rd for zajac?.. am i totally off
Zajac is not going to be traded. He is our #1 centre, on a team that just traded for Arnott to be our #2 centre.

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
Did Kassian fall out of favor with the Sabres? I know he had the suspension, but didn't know that affected his future in Buffalo.
Quote:
What's up with Kassian? I didn't know he was out of favor with the Sabres fanbase
Regier suspended contract negotiations after charges were filed against him for his bar fight in Windsor after the Memorial Cup. Both Regier and Quinn have publicly expressed disappointment in Kassian's involvement in the incident. Most Sabres fans agree that the Sabres are trying to teach Kassian a lesson, rather than him being on the outs with the organization. Kassian probably wasn't going to make the roster this year, anyways, so it's really not a big deal.

Quote:
according to Jim matthieson of the Edmonton journal

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...724/story.html

kris Verteeg could be had for a second rounder--but the team will need to take Brent Sopal as well

Burns is available for a center

Dallas looking to move Roberio

Souray could be a fit in Buffalo

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...333/story.html

ray whitney to the pens

Boston has interest in oiler pick riley nash who reportedly has zero interest in the oilers

Thinks Patty M will end up with the kings and not Kovey
Buffalo needs more of a puck-mover for its PP. However, if they continue with the same PP approach--bombs away from the point and hope for Vanek deflections and rebounds--then Souray probably makes more sense. I still don't think it'd happen. Spending $9 mil in cap hit on Rivet and Souray, neither of whom will be in the top two or three in ES TOI, is a bit much.

Quote:
What about Souray + Cogliano or Nillson or Potulny for Rivet + Stafford?
I would absolutely do Souray + Potulny/Cogs for Rivet + Stafford, though I doubt Buffalo would trade its captain.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Soundwave

Souray + Nash or Potulny for Kassian or Stafford + Rivet = done deal.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Did the Oilers ever consider the possibility that Nash is going to Cornwell to get an education and that might mean more to him then developing as a hockey player?
Cornell, and I'm sure they know that now which is probably why he isn't in their long term plans anymore. At least thats what I'm hearing from a lot of the media in edmonton.

Old
06-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Cornell, and I'm sure they know that now which is probably why he isn't in their long term plans anymore. At least thats what I'm hearing from a lot of the media in edmonton.
To be fair to Nash ,,, The Oilers have pretty much ruined alot of there prospects over Lowe era

Nash not listening to them about how he was to be developed could end up being best thing for him

And yes typo on my part ,,, Should be Cornell

Old
06-20-2010, 06:08 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Not to mention he could have put a lot of emphasis on him wanting to be a part of the Oilers organization but he values finishing his college degree first....instead he makes no such effort, conducts interviews w/o mentioning the Oilers at all, and leads every media type to basically write him off as some who doesn't ever want to be a part of the organization....seems like he could have put a lot of minds at ease if that was his desire

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
To be fair to Nash ,,, The Oilers have pretty much ruined alot of there prospects over Lowe era

Nash not listening to them about how he was to be developed could end up being best thing for him

And yes typo on my part ,,, Should be Cornell
Well the reason they wanted him to come out of College in the first place(I probably should have added this) was that he apparently was not developing physically the way they wanted which is usually a benefit of the shorter NCAA season and they didn't like how his game was rounding out so I doubt that.