HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some moves that may happen(from edmonton journal)

Old
06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Ribeiro and Brunnstrom to Anaheim for Ryan and 6th
No way Anaheim would ever do that.

However, if they were indeed that crazy, I would even let them take off the 6th and we'd add a 2nd or 3rd rounder to that.

I'd love to see a Neal-Benn-Ryan line.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:22 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
No way Anaheim would ever do that.

However, if they were indeed that crazy, I would even let them take off the 6th and we'd add a 2nd or 3rd rounder to that.

I'd love to see a Neal-Benn-Ryan line.
Don't encourage people by adding to their bad proposals lol

Ryan will sign; 5 years $25 million

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:29 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
1st deal is laughable at best or one of the worst proposal's on HF in recent memory

2nd deal is also horrendous and not gonna happen. Why would we give away all that and in end take Ballard and his $ thus negating the point of the trade
I would probably be careful throwing out words like laughable after your comments about Brent Burns earlier.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Mr Sakich

Souray to Buffalo can only work if the Oilers take back some salary. Souray for Rivet and a 2nd seems about right.

Souray's salary is only 1 mill more than Rivet and he would fill a big hole in Buffalo. The entire Buffalo defence scored a total of 3 pp goals last season.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Don't encourage people by adding to their bad proposals lol

Ryan will sign; 5 years $25 million
I fail to see how telling him Anaheim would have to lose their mind encourages him.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I would probably be careful throwing out words like laughable after your comments about Brent Burns earlier.
That deal was 100% ridiculous and laughable. Burns has absolutely no value in Chicago as he would be a 3rd pairing defender. Even if you are looking to shed salary, you don't trade Versteeg and Sharp for a bottom pairing defender making the type of money Burns does, as it would completely negate the trade, as the only reason to do the trade is for cap purposes. These two teams are just poor trading partners.
If Minny is looking for offensive talent, I point you towards Ottawa. I'm not 100% sure the Spezza is available but Spezza for Burns+1st round Draft pick + 2 Top prospects ( I say 2 as Minny doesn't have the best prospects at the moment), or something around a Burns +++ for Spezza may be more suitable for both parties involved.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
That deal was 100% ridiculous and laughable. Burns has absolutely no value in Chicago as he would be a 3rd pairing defender. Even if you are looking to shed salary, you don't trade Versteeg and Sharp for a bottom pairing defender making the type of money Burns does, as it would completely negate the trade, as the only reason to do the trade is for cap purposes. These two teams are just poor trading partners.
If Minny is looking for offensive talent, I point you towards Ottawa. I'm not 100% sure the Spezza is available but Spezza for Burns+1st round Draft pick + 2 Top prospects ( I say 2 as Minny doesn't have the best prospects at the moment), or something around a Burns +++ for Spezza may be more suitable for both parties involved.
You are seriously underrating Burns here. The trade doesn't work for Chicago because he makes too much $ and if they brought him in it would push Hjamarlsson and Campbell down the depth-chart.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
You are seriously underrating Burns here. The trade doesn't work for Chicago because he makes too much $ and if they brought him in it would push Hjamarlsson and Campbell down the depth-chart.
The only way that Burns is coming to Chicago is if Campbell is going the other way as to much money would be invested in the defense otherwise. Maybe Campbell, Sharp and a 2nd for Burns or something along those lines might make it doable. Doubtful but at least discussion worthy since Sharp could fill the Center need for Minnesota.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Not to mention he could have put a lot of emphasis on him wanting to be a part of the Oilers organization but he values finishing his college degree first....instead he makes no such effort, conducts interviews w/o mentioning the Oilers at all, and leads every media type to basically write him off as some who doesn't ever want to be a part of the organization....seems like he could have put a lot of minds at ease if that was his desire
So this explains Nash being the throw in 'sweetener' to every Oiler thread.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To be fair to Nash ,,, The Oilers have pretty much ruined alot of there prospects over Lowe era

Nash not listening to them about how he was to be developed could end up being best thing for him

And yes typo on my part ,,, Should be Cornell
Who have the Oilers ruined? If you read the THN draft edition you'd know that they rank 2nd with 13 players on their team they drafted themselves (which may not mean that much considering their injuries last year and poor finish), and ranked 9th in number of active NHL players they have drafted (more than your beloved Hawks). I fail to see how they ruined prospects.

Nash not listening to management about development plans is a big issue considering the style of game he has patterned. Strong two way play will require him to be more than 180 lbs at the NHL level. By all accounts he has only put on 10 lbs since his draft year (170lbs 3yrs ago). Maybe they could let that slide if he were playing in the Dub, but college hockey gives players access to world class training facilities right at the school, plus the time to do it with a short schedule. Perhaps much of this is being blown out of proportion, but I'd be a little miffed if I were Oiler management too.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote