Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Official All-Purpose Pro Wrestling Thread #21

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Chileiceman

vCash: 500
I am officially cheering for Percy Watson. WWE could really use someone with a personality.

Old
06-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Sens4thecup

savannah has been released.. doubt anyone cares

Last edited by Sens4thecup: 06-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old
06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Major GM spoilers ahead (No, not about who the new one is)

Quote:
Spoil:
WrestleZone has spoken with several WWE wrestlers from both Raw and Smackdown, and we can confirm there has been definite locker room buzz over the report that Bret Hart has left WWE because of an insurance policy. Amidst speculation, one wrestler even said, "Bret pretty much had the choice of staying in WWE or losing his fiance."

As many of you know, Bret is getting married for the third time in the very near future, and it appeared getting back into the wrestling business put an enormous strain on his relationship.

WrestleZone has learned that the conspiracy theory making the rounds in the WWE locker room is that Bret didn't tell WWE Chairman Vince McMahon that he wouldn't be showing up for the pay per view until the very end of last week, and at that point WWE had already setup the "what would Bret do with the NXT group" cliffhanger for the PPV. I was told the NXT/Bret Hart was to be a show-long story line at Fatal Four Way,

One other wrestler said he and another wrestler actually had plans to meet with Bret at both Madison Square Garden and at the pay per view, and didn't know something was wrong until he heard Vince McMahon's comments at the opening of the pay per view, and at that point he knew something was wrong and this was not planned for the show.

To make matters even more confusing, Bret Hart was gently fired by Vince McMahon on Raw, which leaves the door open for him to come back. Whether that will happen or not is anyone's guess. The theory is that Vince went easy on Bret on the air just to move the story line forward into the last-second replacement angle, which is the mystery general manager.

It is speculated that Vince McMahon also didn't want to do the screaming "You're Fired!" gimmick because it would just keep focus on him and Bret, and by just breezing through the firing and moving on to the next part of the story, which is the mystery general manager, people would forget about Bret quickly. That theory turned out to be partially correct, as Raw scored its highest rating in several months on Monday, delivering a 3.5 Neilsen Household Average Rating.

Old
06-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Transplanted Caper

I'm not a huge fan of McMahon being consistently involved in storylines. With the PG13 product these days, combined with the fact he's been around for 13 years in the evil owner role, it just isn't fresh at all. That being said, loved what they did with his appearance last week. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the NXT stuff going forward and who the new GM is

Old
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
interesting little GM related article a couple posts up. if thats really what happened, then i give the WWE and vinny mac a pat on the back for having to scrap the big plans and come up with a huge plan B on the spot. the mystery gm thing, as corny as it comes across definitely has me interested, as does the ongoing NXT drama. not that raw is great start to finish, but in the last several weeks it has at least been good enough to sit through and watch...though i dont see how NXT beating down vince to end the show does anything for storylines.

Old
06-24-2010, 09:59 AM
pelts35.com

Did anyone catch Jericho's game show the other night? I have to say that Jericho just has natural charisma and I'm sure I am in the minority, but he is just being wasted as a heel. IMO Jericho should be the number one face of the company.

Old
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Saw Jiris Tlusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Did anyone catch Jericho's game show the other night? I have to say that Jericho just has natural charisma and I'm sure I am in the minority, but he is just being wasted as a heel. IMO Jericho should be the number one face of the company.
He's one of the best tweeners ever.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Ucantcme

Send a message via AIM to Ucantcme
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
The last time he was a face he was so stale he turned two months later.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantcme View Post
We can certainly disagree but I don't think the face Jericho ehhhhhhhhhhhh'ever got stale. He played the cocky face so well and, I'm sorry, I just don't enjoy him as a heel. I find him to be the exact monotone drone he was supposed to save the WWE from (Randy Orton) when he returned.

Old
06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantcme View Post
He wasn't given a chance to anything interesting in that JBL feud. It was horrible from the start.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Jericho has enough charisma to be a good heel or face, but his heel character is way too similar to CM Punk's character. The general idea of the character : I'm better than you, and I'll always talk down to you.

If anything, I would want Jericho to be a face so he doesn't have to lose to jobbers like Evan Bourne.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:50 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse Bundy View Post
Jericho has enough charisma to be a good heel or face, but his heel character is way too similar to CM Punk's character. The general idea of the character : I'm better than you, and I'll always talk down to you.

If anything, I would want Jericho to be a face so he doesn't have to lose to jobbers like Evan Bourne.
The only reason jericho jobbed to bourne is because he's in the doghouse right now because he didn't "alert" the WWE scrubs that he was going to host a reality show, Face or heel he was getting jobbed.

Old
06-25-2010, 02:39 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Or maybe Jericho isn't a d-bag and wants to put over young talent, like a good veteran should.

Old
06-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
Or maybe Jericho isn't a d-bag and wants to put over young talent, like a good veteran should.
This, imo

I remember Jericho with guys like Benoit, Eddie, Dean. All guys that would put talent over and cared about helping people make a career.

Jericho is smart enough to know he can job w/o it impacting him in the fans eyes. His career is too deep and he has always lost to guys, been embarrassed and had his credibility crushed. Anyone else remember him not being able to win, getting fired and thrown into garbage? Now, if you remember that, do you care?

Jericho is bigger than jobbing. imho. Some of the Vets should take a page and learn something

Old
06-25-2010, 09:00 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Speaking of Jericho, did anyone ever post this interview on here? I didn't see it but I could have missed it.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/06/22/c...st-of-downfall

It talks a lot about Downfall but theres a good bit of wrestling stuff in there, including PG WWE, Batista, contracts, Danielson, Jericho's Heel status, etc.

Old
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
I thought "putting over young talent" actually involved having a long,exciting match not having your opponent pin you from a roll-up or something.

Old
06-25-2010, 02:21 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

wtf are you talking about? Did you even watch their matches?

Old
06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's not. We get Rob Zombie next week, and then after that....Florence Henderson (July 12).

I can't believe this already, but next week will mark 1 day short of a year since that started
They should host together.

Old
06-25-2010, 03:42 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
Speaking of Jericho, did anyone ever post this interview on here? I didn't see it but I could have missed it.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/06/22/c...st-of-downfall

It talks a lot about Downfall but theres a good bit of wrestling stuff in there, including PG WWE, Batista, contracts, Danielson, Jericho's Heel status, etc.

"I think it hurts the NXT group because it's great right now when you have seven animals ganging up on one guy. That's a great visual but when it comes down, at some point they're going to have to wrestle. At some point, somebody's going to have to wrestle. And Wade Barrett is good but Danielson was the gem and could go out there and have five star matches with anybody. And they don't have that right now. That's the one thing I think is a little bit of a weak link in the NXT chain is the fact that they don't have that. So losing Bryan is going to be, it's going to be a blow. Hopefully, they'll bring him back at some point because he's a great guy and a great talent."

Thats nearly word for word how I feel.

Old
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 227
Randy Orton is the best Wrestler

Old
06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
n0pan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
DAAAAAAASHING Cody Rhodes.

Old
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Here is a great idea. Lets give the mexican Cena the title and then...oh I don't know give him the night off. That will make perfect sense.

Old
06-26-2010, 01:36 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Just catching up on iMPACT this week.

- glad they are turning Abyss back to his comfort zone. He's a big monster who shouldn't talk. Keep it that way.
- I still don't know why Matt Morgan isn't getting more of a sniff at the World Title
- Lethal vs Kazarian great match
- Angle vs Wolfe was awesome as always, better than Jericho vs Bourne and I thought JvB was pretty damned good.

Old
06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Sens4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNK View Post
DAAAAAAASHING Cody Rhodes.
x50

Old
06-26-2010, 03:45 PM
LeafSadist

vCash: 729
Cody Rhodes gimmick: The American Dream...boat.

Closed Thread