Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Official All-Purpose Pro Wrestling Thread #21

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

vCash: 500
The best part of legend beatdowns is it means we won't have to listen to King on commentary the rest of the night. Hopefully Matt Striker is there to replace him.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:12 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
At least Hayes got beat up by a black guy.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
les Habs

BORING. Nexus is a lame name. The majority of them suck on the mic and half are average in the ring. I mean wow, a meathead delivering a clothesline.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
what the hell? Why isn't nobody helping them?
WWE guys would get suspended.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Maxpac

Anybody else about to go to bed?

Old
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Reality Check

It's nice that they promoted Steamboat's dvd

But at least they put that segment to good use

Old
06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Anybody else about to go to bed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
BORING. Nexus is a lame name. The majority of them suck on the mic and half are average in the ring. I mean wow, a meathead delivering a clothesline.
Gotta love the people here. They ***** whenever the new angle isn't dragged out, then they call it boring when it is. When people came out to make the save two weeks ago, a couple of you *****ed because it was ending too quickly. I swear people find reasons to ***** no matter what.

Let them spend months beating people up and being defended by the ****** GM. It will all culminate at SummerSlam.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

the nexus, the network, the connection?

one name at a time, Cole.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Only problem with that segment was no Barrett. Nexus seemed disorganized in the ring without him as ringleader. It looked like Heath Slater was trying to direct everyone, but it seemed jumbled.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:23 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Gotta love the people here. They ***** whenever the new angle isn't dragged out, then they call it boring when it is. When people came out to make the save two weeks ago, a couple of you *****ed because it was ending too quickly. I swear people find reasons to ***** no matter what.

Let them spend months beating people up and being defended by the ****** GM. It will all culminate at SummerSlam.
Not talking timelines. Talking talent. It'll take A LOT more than a GM, even if it's a wrestler, to make them credible to me. Not to mention it doesn't and will continue to not make sense when they only go after faces and ignore heels. Could be better.

And just because you're easily entertained doesn't mean you need to take it out people who aren't.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

I love the Dragon! I can't wait for the DVD tomorrow.

PS. Wade Barrett is awesome, but Justin Gabriel is by far the best.

Quote:
This is the most heat I've seen on a live WWE TV Show in years.

Gabriel's blank stare on the ropes gives me goosebumps.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:32 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Not talking timelines. Talking talent. It'll take A LOT more than a GM, even if it's a wrestler, to make them credible to me. Not to mention it doesn't and will continue to not make sense when they only go after faces and ignore heels. Could be better.

And just because you're easily entertained doesn't mean you need to take it out people who aren't.
Lol don't get internet tough with me It's fine to have a little passion when arguing, but i really don't care to see who can throw out the better quip over the internet.

We are both adults and can have a disagreement without extra shots. I just don't get why people will ***** about wrestling no matter what. It's not you in particular, but the majority just want to live in the past and complain each week. If people don't like the product, shut the TV off and choose something else. That post wasn't about you as an individual, it's just the whole pov of the IWC for years now.

The good discussion is about in-ring ability. They need Wade and Danielson to be the lead of this group to make up for everyone else. They have a good group of big tough guys who aren't great in the ring, some high fliers, but they really lack that star power w/ only Wade. However.. one simple comeback and they have everything they need.

I mean you want to talk about stables? Every stable has had their fair share of crappy wrestlers.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 157
Catheter commercial, FTW

Old
06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
I think Cole is the GM

Old
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Lol don't get internet tough with me It's fine to have a little passion when arguing, but i really don't care to see who can throw out the better quip over the internet.

We are both adults and can have a disagreement without extra shots. I just don't get why people will ***** about wrestling no matter what. It's not you in particular, but the majority just want to live in the past and complain each week. If people don't like the product, shut the TV off and choose something else.

The good discussion is about in-ring ability. They need Wade and Danielson to be the lead of this group to make up for everyone else. They have a good group of big tough guys who aren't great in the ring, some high fliers, but they really lack that star power w/ only Wade. However.. one simple comeback and they have everything they need.

I mean you want to talk about stables? Every stable has had their fair share of crappy wrestlers.
Extra quips? You called me out on my opinion and I simply replied in kind. I mean "shut the tv off" as opposed to discuss it in thread on the topic? So I assume if I go back in this thread or others I won't see one complaint from you.

Well most stables that come to mind had better leadership and more depth. Of course with this there is only so much they can do. Still considering what this stable is doing and who it should be up against "realistically" it should be taken apart in short order.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 157
...and cue the standoff between the 8 guys in this match and the Nexus.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I never noticed it until that guy said it, but he really does look like a black John Cena.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Extra quips? You called me out on my opinion and I simply replied in kind. I mean "shut the tv off" as opposed to discuss it in thread on the topic? So I assume if I go back in this thread or others I won't see one complaint from you.

Well most stables that come to mind had better leadership and more depth. Of course with this there is only so much they can do. Still considering what this stable is doing and who it should be up against "realistically" it should be taken apart in short order.
No. I can honestly say I don't consistently ***** about the product. I take it for what it is and enjoy watching wrestling. I always have. I wasn't a product of the Attitude Era and wish everything was back to the glory days.

The WWE finally gave us something to enjoy, yet wrestling fans will find anything to complain about. I just think some people will continue to complain no matter what occurs.

How else would you build this group any better? Would you put them in matches and let them win? I think the best way to put these guys over is exactly what they are doing. They get immense heat from the crowd and it's finally brought a different storyline to follow. What would be a better way to build this group?

Old
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

How awesome is the Evan Bourne push? I love it!

Old
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
les Habs

Quote:
No. I can honestly say I don't consistently ***** about the product. I take it for what it is and enjoy watching wrestling. I always have. I wasn't a product of the Attitude Era and wish everything was back to the glory days.

The WWE finally gave us something to enjoy, yet wrestling fans will find anything to complain about. I just think some people will continue to complain no matter what occurs.

How else would you build this group any better? Would you put them in matches and let them win? I think the best way to put these guys over is exactly what they are doing. They get immense heat from the crowd and it's finally brought a different storyline to follow. What would be a better way to build this group?
Neither do I. However I do and will ***** about the product anytime I choose to do so. It's not tough to do when you've seen much better product in the past.

I wouldn't build this group. Not entirely anyway. They're getting built when others, who IMO are both more entertaining and more deserving, aren't getting as good of screen time.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
nopan
we're here

Send a message via Skype™ to nopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How awesome is the Evan Bourne push? I love it!
It's mega-awesome.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:29 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Neither do I. However I do and will ***** about the product anytime I choose to do so. It's not tough to do when you've seen much better product in the past.

I wouldn't build this group. Not entirely anyway. They're getting built when others, who IMO are both more entertaining and more deserving, aren't getting as good of screen time.
So this group shouldn't have been used like this? Also, are you saying this hasn't been one of the more exciting stables/storylines in a very long time?

What would be your creative plans? Would you scratch this whole idea? What is your take?

Old
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Taupy

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

Apparently Wade Barrett's workvisa just expired and he got deported to UK. That's why he wasn't at the House Show this weekend, nor was he on RAW.

From PWPIX.NET
Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett have been pulled from WWE television as their current work visas have expired and they are no longer eligible to work within the United States. In the case of Barrett, he has returned to Great Britain while he awaits a new visa to be cleared. Meanwhile, McIntyre is believed to be in United States.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/487...ision.html?p=1

Old
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
les Habs

Quote:
So this group shouldn't have been used like this? Also, are you saying this hasn't been one of the more exciting stables/storylines in a very long time?

What would be your creative plans? Would you scratch this whole idea? What is your take?
Being one of the more exciting storylines in a while isn't saying much.

I'd rather see guys like Orton, Punk, Edge and Jericho for example be given new and different storylines. You want a stable, then put guys like Edge, Christian and Jericho together for a start and do something with them.

Old
06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:
Not to mention it doesn't and will continue to not make sense when they only go after faces and ignore heels.
Vince is a face now?

Closed Thread