vCash: 500
Vince is ridiculous for taking those bumps at his age

But THANK GOD for him not being involved with Nxt

Still would be better without him altogether but I'll take what I can get

Old
06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Is it just me or does this happen EVERY time there's a title match on raw or smackdown as the main event?

BLAH will face BLAH for the blah blah title and before either guy can win BLAH will run in and stop the whole match.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
What a great ending. The writers at wwe are at the top of their game right now - nothing is predictable.

And Vince sure can take a bump.
I'm going next week!

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
kingbrath

The chants were hilarious!! all the little kids and women in the crowd chanting "lets go cena" quickly followed by the obviously older male crowd chanting "Cena sucks"

Old
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Great ending, but anyone else notice how quickly they ended the show? When Cena got swarmed, we saw all the help he got, saw the stretcher, etc.....this time around, McMahon's out cold and the show ends with him alone in the ring and a cameraman calling for help.

06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
I've figured out who's behind it all. It has to be Drew McIntyre.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Vince is ridiculous for taking those bumps at his age

But THANK GOD for him not being involved with Nxt

Still would be better without him altogether but I'll take what I can get
Yeah, I'm glad. Whoever the GM is may be above/equal to even Vince for however that works. Doesn't make sense when I say it, but when you think about it makes sense. Ignoring plotholes, Vince could just come back and fire them.

Guesses as to who it may be?

Old
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Is it just me or does this happen EVERY time there's a title match on raw or smackdown as the main event?

BLAH will face BLAH for the blah blah title and before either guy can win BLAH will run in and stop the whole match.
Because you don't give PPV matches away on live television more than a handful times a year. That's how you keep people buying PPVs.

Seriously, the writers are doing a fantastic job. They had me buying the PG version of NXT w/ their apologies.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Great ending, but anyone else notice how quickly they ended the show? When Cena got swarmed, we saw all the help he got, saw the stretcher, etc.....this time around, McMahon's out cold and the show ends with him alone in the ring and a cameraman calling for help.
That all started earlier. I was watching and was thinking "wow they still have like 10 minutes left."

Old
06-21-2010, 10:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Because you don't give PPV matches away on live television more than a handful times a year. That's how you keep people buying PPVs.

Seriously, the writers are doing a fantastic job. They had me buying the PG version of NXT w/ their apologies.
To buy the apologies, I was more skeptical. Angles don't end that quickly.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:19 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Yeah, I'm glad. Whoever the GM is may be above/equal to even Vince for however that works. Doesn't make sense when I say it, but when you think about it makes sense. Ignoring plotholes, Vince could just come back and fire them.

Guesses as to who it may be?
Even though they say he's going to MMA, my gut said Shane right away. I'd like to see him back in the E.

I don't see it being Danielson even though that'd be awesome. HHH can come back pissed off, but that doesn't seem like something he'd do.

I can't really think of anyone it could be.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
I'm still convinced that it's Jericho.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:30 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/0...niel_bryan.php

the only good and not crazy thing PETA has supported and or done.
"Don't eat animals, its murder. But we endorse choking out innocent bystanders with their tie...yanno as long as they are human."

Old
06-21-2010, 10:36 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:

I'm not saying they should let the match play out like its a PPV but do something else other than having a run-in come in and stomp on 1 or both guys.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Even though they say he's going to MMA, my gut said Shane right away. I'd like to see him back in the E.

I don't see it being Danielson even though that'd be awesome. HHH can come back pissed off, but that doesn't seem like something he'd do.

I can't really think of anyone it could be.
I think Donald Trump actually makes sense.

-Has to communicate through email because he's too busy to be at shows every week.

-Would want to be anonymous to be linked to something like this (kayfabe or not). Being anonymous on a computer, they don't have to worry about developing a character, and when he is revealed, only needs to appear on TV once or twice.

-For that week he "owned" Raw, he was all about satisfying the fans, which is what his main event did.

-Based on what we've seen in the past between he and Vince, would "surprise" Vince by putting him into a match.

That's at least based on the small sample size we saw tonight.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:41 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

So....Vince was behind it. He admited to it. He said he was responsible. They just went with a curve ending and had The Nexus turn on him.

Thats really not that great writing, IMO. It follows no logic. Why would Vince be behind it? What purpose, what could he hope to gain from the group attacking Cena, Punk, Lawler, etc., bust up his ring and announce tables.

Its bad booking. It means Vince is purposefully making his champion look weak (this week Sheamus runs away, 2 weeks ago he gets beat down) it injects anarchy into the show. So he caters to the smarks but in storyline telling...it makes no sense. There is nothing for him to gain, save for them beating up Bret Hart.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I think Donald Trump actually makes sense.

-Has to communicate through email because he's too busy to be at shows every week.

-Would want to be anonymous to be linked to something like this (kayfabe or not). Being anonymous on a computer, they don't have to worry about developing a character, and when he is revealed, only needs to appear on TV once or twice.

-For that week he "owned" Raw, he was all about satisfying the fans, which is what his main event did.

-Based on what we've seen in the past between he and Vince, would "surprise" Vince by putting him into a match.

That's at least based on the small sample size we saw tonight.
Considering the rivalry he and Trump had, I could easily see Trump using Barrett as his right-hand man, leading the charge to destroy his competition in Vince.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
So....Vince was behind it. He admited to it. He said he was responsible. They just went with a curve ending and had The Nexus turn on him.

Thats really not that great writing, IMO. It follows no logic. Why would Vince be behind it? What purpose, what could he hope to gain from the group attacking Cena, Punk, Lawler, etc., bust up his ring and announce tables.

Its bad booking. It means Vince is purposefully making his champion look weak (this week Sheamus runs away, 2 weeks ago he gets beat down) it injects anarchy into the show. So he caters to the smarks but in storyline telling...it makes no sense. There is nothing for him to gain, save for them beating up Bret Hart.
Did you miss the whole Wrestlemania feud with Hart? Why wouldn't Vince want payback against Bret?

He was only damaging the show Bret was involved in.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM
SENSfreak_03

As much as I like Bret, I'm glad he's no longer the GM of Raw, something about it just didn't feel right.

Also glad they beat up Vince, if they let him go, and they were all chummy with NXT, it would have completely ruined it.

NXT used Vince, unless he was just trying to take credit for it, they took out bret, and got contracts, then said **** you to him as well to make their point.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:24 PM
LeafSadist

vCash: 1600
The answer is Rikishi. He took out Bret for the people, and now he's calling the shots.

He should book a Maryse vs Kelly Kelly Stinkface match.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Did you miss the whole Wrestlemania feud with Hart? Why wouldn't Vince want payback against Bret?

He was only damaging the show Bret was involved in.
Didn't miss it but that was months ago. Brets been a non-issue. If thats the reason, have them target Bret. Its just weak writing, imo. And this is no nWo. "We want to apologize for our actions, we're sorry?"

Old
06-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafSadist View Post
He should book a Maryse vs Kelly Kelly Stinkface match.
Could we really call that a "stink" face match though? I think it would be more of a "smells like roses" match.

But seriously, this NXT angle is awesome. If done right, this will be the best thing they've done in years.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I have two guesses.

1) Bret Hart, and turn him heel.

He seemed to have some great words for how Vicky Guerrero did things, but she was a heel, so I found that odd. And then Vince told him "I hope you make smarter choices this time around" a little bit ago.

He signed the Uso's apparently and they came and attacked his own kin.

It's easy, he fooled everyone, including Vince. Had the rookies put some fake beat down on him, and then gave them contracts. They beat up Cena because Bret wants to be known as the best there is, was or will be.

2) The Rock

I've heard The Rock wanted to do something around Summerslam (August) with the WWE that involved something new. New = rookies, and he wanted it to take the product back towards the attitude days, and the invasion angle is certainly very attitude era like.

Now the Rock and Cena have been battling in press for the last little while, Cena has been calling out The Rock for saying he abandoned the product and is a sellout. The MC Hammer of Wrestling. So it makes perfect sense for him to go after Cena.

And since it's The Rock, you can't expect to have him on TV every week, so e-mails as a GM makes a heap of sense.

Old
06-22-2010, 12:04 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
Didn't miss it but that was months ago. Brets been a non-issue. If thats the reason, have them target Bret. Its just weak writing, imo. And this is no nWo. "We want to apologize for our actions, we're sorry?"
Im pretty sure they were just saying that to get the contracts??? I missed a bit of the show but thats what it seemed like. Especially with that ending.

Old
06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrath View Post
Im pretty sure they were just saying that to get the contracts??? I missed a bit of the show but thats what it seemed like. Especially with that ending.
nope, that was given by the nexus after they had been announced as having been signed to Raw by the "new GM"

I'm voting HBK, btw.

Closed Thread