Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
nope, that was given by the nexus after they had been announced as having been signed to Raw by the "new GM"

I'm voting HBK, btw.
I thought of him. Could cut a promo on Bryan, saying he trained him better than that. He could be out for blood against WWE management since they refused to see that Undertaker wasn't worthy of being Mr. Wrestlemania. But I think The Rock is who I want it to be more than anyone.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Habsfan18

This just better not turn out to be some ******** disappointment like Mike Adamle or Donald Trump.

The Rock is just wishful thinking, IMO.

Heel Bret Hart would be nice, and I'm a huge fan of his, but his mic work is cringe-worthy and it's honestly hard to watch.

Shawn Michaels would be pretty awesome, but I don't think he's in any rush to go back on the road again. I doubt he'll be back as an active character any time soon.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:28 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I'd be satisfied with either HBK or Rock. But a gut feelings tells me it's not either of them.

I'm gonna go with a random and say stone cold
(although we haven't seen him in forever)

Old
06-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Habsfan18

Here's hoping the guest host angle is finished..

Old
06-22-2010, 02:00 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'd like to see the GM be someone like Jesse Ventura. However, watch the new GM be a complete letdown and end up being someone like Stephanie McMahon.

Old
06-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Ucantcme

Send a message via AIM to Ucantcme
It's been a LONG time since I posted on these threads, but I'm not surprised to see you all still hate Cena.

Old
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Rumblick

Just from the "phone conversation" Vince had midway through the show, I was thinking HHH was the new GM. Thing is, he'd more want to get back at Sheamus than Cena, so it doens't make a lot of sense.

Old
06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
I understand the Rey hate, Fella, but what do you have against the Celtic Warriya? Sheamus is awesome.
I'm warming up to him, but I hate how he's been giving the title twice just for being HHH's workout buddy. I'd rather see Christian elevated, but since that will never happen......

Looks like another mediocre Raw. Not looking forward to Smackdown either, especially with Rey as champ.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:02 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantcme View Post
It's been a LONG time since I posted on these threads, but I'm not surprised to see you all still hate Cena.
Not all of us - just those that have already reached puberty.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Not all of us - just those that have already reached puberty.
Lol, that's a really bad generalization. Myself and about 4 of my friends all watch wrestling religiously (our ages range from 21-28) and we all like Cena. I suppose we could be the exception and not the rule, though. I really appreciate the guy's heart, energy, and passion for wrestling and respect what he has done for the company. He's one of the best in the biz on the mic and he's not a terrible wrestler like people seem to like to chant these days. I laugh every time I hear the "you can't wrestle" chants because those people simply don't know how dumb they're making themselves look.

I know this has been talked about and discussed plenty of times, but I do wish he would have a heel turn sometime. With the size of the pop the guy gets from the crowd I can't imagine how big of an uproar there would be if he became a heel. It would be like the backlash from Hulk Hogan joining the NWO all over again.

Last edited by BreakTheWallsDown: 06-22-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
Lol, that's a really bad generalization. Myself and about 4 of my friends all watch wrestling religiously (our ages range from 21-28) and we all like Cena. He's one of the best in the biz on the mic and he's not a terrible wrestler like people seem to like to chant these days. I laugh every time I hear the "you can't wrestle" chants because those people simply don't know how dumb they're making themselves look with that.
Yeah, I don't hate his skills. I think with many, on here anyway, as stated before, the issue with Cena is how he's used. It's always the same old story line. The world is stacked against Cena, there's no possible way he can win, and yet he does.

It's happening more and more with Rey Mysterio, which is becoming tiresome for him as well.

I don't hate either in the ring, or what they do, just how they're used.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
Yeah, I don't hate his skills. I think with many, on here anyway, as stated before, the issue with Cena is how he's used. It's always the same old story line. The world is stacked against Cena, there's no possible way he can win, and yet he does.

It's happening more and more with Rey Mysterio, which is becoming tiresome for him as well.

I don't hate either in the ring, or what they do, just how they're used.
Yeah, the bolded is becoming painfully obvious. I used to like Rey a lot but he just does not belong in the WWE anymore (nor does anyone his size, I'm looking at you Evan Bourne) unless they bring back the cruiser-weight title. I guess the WWE doesn't realize that the reason he was so entertaining before is not because of his skill alone, but because of the matches he had with other guys his size. Guys that small can NEVER have a legit main event title reign because it makes the matches so unbelievable. It wouldnt matter if Rey was best wrestler in the world, there's no way the WWE can seriously expect anyone to buy that he could take down a guy the size of the Undertaker or the Big Show. Hell, he can't even believably win a match with a guy Orton or Edge's size. It just doesn't work and it's stupid.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Behn Wilson

To me Cena will always be thought of as the white rapper that he started out as and that is his natural personality. The white guy trying to act black, a Vanilla Ice wannabe. I just cant take him seriously and the fact he is rammed down our throats as a family friendly figure geared at kids makes him doubly annoying.

To me, he comes across as kind of creepy to male adults,to X-Pac levels of annoying. For some reason though it seems like he is getting on my nerves a little less than he used to. I think partly its because it seems like he is a genuinely good guy in real life, especially all the charity work he does for kids and with the troops. And he keeps himself in good shape too. But still he/his character is annoying as hell.

He is the pro wrestling equivalent of the baby/young kid thrown in to appeal to kids that ruins a tv show or movie for adults (like Seven on Married with Children or the kid in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie). It might appeal to kids but turns off the adult audience. (At least Married With Children corrected this and got rid of Seven).

Last edited by Behn Wilson: 06-22-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old
06-22-2010, 04:35 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Yeah, the bolded is becoming painfully obvious. I used to like Rey a lot but he just does not belong in the WWE anymore (nor does anyone his size, I'm looking at you Evan Bourne) unless they bring back the cruiser-weight title. I guess the WWE doesn't realize that the reason he was so entertaining before is not because of his skill alone, but because of the matches he had with other guys his size. Guys that small can NEVER have a legit main event title reign because it makes the matches so unbelievable. It wouldnt matter if Rey was best wrestler in the world, there's no way the WWE can seriously expect anyone to buy that he could take down a guy the size of the Undertaker or the Big Show. Hell, he can't even believably win a match with a guy Orton or Edge's size. It just doesn't work and it's stupid.
Rey was one of my favourite wrestlers when he was in WCW (minus his time sans mask there, which was totally botched), now he's totally mis-used, but the kids are eating him up, and buying merch left right and centre, clearly his push and story lines are business.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Behn Wilson

I never could stand Rey Mysterio, he is too small and any wins he has against the larger figures are just too riciculous for me to even suspend belief on.

But like Cena, the kids (and the Latin market for Rey) love him and he sells merchandise so its another example of trading off turning off some of the adult audience to get the merchandise and ticket sales for the kids.

I dont care for Evan Bourne either, same exact thing. Wrestling to me should be bigger than life size figures, I have no interest in watching a couple of gymnast do tumbles.

Old
06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

WWE really should make two seperate brands.

RAW: the entertainment brand - where you can have your big monsters, no little guys (except for squashes), etc.

SMACKDOWN: the athletic brand - where you can see Jericho vs Punk, Bourne vs Mysterio, Christian vs Ziggler, Primo/Chavo vs Hart Dynasty, etc.

Anyway, my ratings for the PPV;

Maryse vs Kim vs Fox vs Eve, *1/2
Cena vs Sheamus vs Edge vs Orton, ***
Big Show vs Punk vs Mysterio vs Swagger, **3/4
Bourne vs Jericho, ****1/2
Truth vs Miz, **1/4
McIntyre vs Kofi, ***1/4
Hart Dynasty vs Usos, **3/4

EXTRA: Bourne vs Jericho from RAW, ***3/4

Old
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Here's hoping the guest host angle is finished..
It's not. We get Rob Zombie next week, and then after that....Florence Henderson (July 12).

I can't believe this already, but next week will mark 1 day short of a year since that started

Old
06-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Quote:
Lol, that's a really bad generalization. Myself and about 4 of my friends all watch wrestling religiously (our ages range from 21-28) and we all like Cena. I suppose we could be the exception and not the rule, though. I really appreciate the guy's heart, energy, and passion for wrestling and respect what he has done for the company. He's one of the best in the biz on the mic and he's not a terrible wrestler like people seem to like to chant these days. I laugh every time I hear the "you can't wrestle" chants because those people simply don't know how dumb they're making themselves look.
Cena's gimmick is just old. It's the same thing that Hulk Hogan always did; get beat up, then become invincible and win. And he's just overmarketed, so much that he is the poster boy of the WWE.

It is pretty pathetic when compared to other wrestlers, who aren't the face of the company, and are forced out of the main event by either Cena, Triple H, Orton or Sheamus.

Old
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
...X-Pac levels of annoying.

Old
06-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Sens4thecup

what if JBL was the limo driver

Old
06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Goalchenyuk87

Dont expect to know who is the new GM... they will that storyline going on very long.

Old
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4thecup View Post
what if JBL was the limo driver
JBL would fit nicely in Cole's stupid catch phrase of "COMPLETE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY" i suppose.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Don't think I'd mind JBL being the GM.

Old
06-23-2010, 02:14 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Damn, Percy Watson is awesome. Maybe I should have kept watching NXT.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
WWE really should make two seperate brands.

RAW: the entertainment brand - where you can have your big monsters, no little guys (except for squashes), etc.

SMACKDOWN: the athletic brand - where you can see Jericho vs Punk, Bourne vs Mysterio, Christian vs Ziggler, Primo/Chavo vs Hart Dynasty, etc.
They were kind of on that route before the Draft. Smackdown was definitely more wrestling based, and usually offered some good matches, with just enough promo to keep you interested and build story lines.

while more of the other stuff happened on raw.

but now the rosters are too lopsided, as they raided the smackdown roster to take away its star power as it finishes off on whatever network its on. I would imagine some names will make their way back there for the premier on SyFy in October.

Closed Thread