Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

A master list of players that should not be in the Hall of Fame, but currently are?

06-22-2010, 07:28 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
You can't win.

You made it personal.

Not me.

Facts are stubborn things.

....But I'm happy to move on.

Making the all-star team as a LW in his day was a far easier task than as a right wing in Cam's day.

Generally speaking in the history of the NHL that has been the case. And was a long understood fact of the league.

Although, not to get too off-topic here, in the last decade or so we have really seen a new age of the left wing when you think about it.
I agree that Martin had a bit weaker competition although he dominated his.

Neely just had too short of a career in my opinion. He played like HHoF until his injury and showed some sparks at the end. But the fact is that he retired before 30 years of age and only played during his prime which gives a partial image of his high playoff GPG against players who played after 35. Thats why I put him as questionable.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Homer Jay
vCash: 500
you know the old argument: he never won a cup ?

well Glen Anderson has 6 cups so he belongs.

Anderson launched himself at the net on rushes, using his balance to stay upright even with defenders hanging from him. He was consistently near the top of the NHL in scoring and thrived in the playoffs, scoring overtime winners and game-clinching goals in each of the Oilers five marches to the Stanley Cup between 1984 and 1990.

Anderson's play remained steady on the ice and he had 22 points in 22 playoff games when the Oilers won the Cup in 1990. Two years later he was involved in a blockbuster trade that saw some of the last pieces of the Oiler dynasty, himself and goalie Grant Fuhr, moved to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Anderson became one of the Leafs top scorers and once again was a playoff leader as Toronto made it to within one game of the Cup finals in 1993.

Anderson was traded to the New York Rangers for Mike Gartner just before the 1994 playoffs. He joined Mark Messier and other ex-Oilers in winning the Stanley Cup in those playoffs. Of his three goals, two were game winners. At the time, only Maurice Richard had more overtime playoff goals, and only Messier, Gretzky, and Jari Kurri had more playoff points.

Glenn Anderson played over 1,000 games scoring 498 goals and 1,099 points.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote