HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ty Wishart to vancouver

Old
06-21-2010, 11:30 PM
CanuckFAN16

vCash: 500
Ty Wishart to vancouver

I personally believe he is a great candidate for Vancouver. Local kid that can become our 5th.6th dman next year and hopefully isn't too expensive to aquire. The lightning have a plethora of defensemen but not much in the way of scoring so whould a prospect like shirokov or someone like hansen and a 4th pick sound reasonable? Any insight would be awesome

CanuckFAN16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
peanutvendor

he is tampas best D prospect. i think if they land one of gudbranson/gromley/fowler, sign lundin for a few years, and ranger comes back then he could possibly be expendable maybe in a package for raymond or schneider. otherwise, tampa needs him in the system.

peanutvendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:16 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
he is tampas best D prospect. i think if they land one of gudbranson/gromley/fowler, sign lundin for a few years, and ranger comes back then he could possibly be expendable maybe in a package for raymond or schneider. otherwise, tampa needs him in the system.
hahahaha Raymond?.... no way would he cost that much.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Rschmitz

He is a candidate to get dealt because he isn't an ideal fit for Boucher's system, but he isn't going to come for pennies on the dollar. Think second or third round pick or similar value

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:50 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
He is a candidate to get dealt because he isn't an ideal fit for Boucher's system, but he isn't going to come for pennies on the dollar. Think second or third round pick or similar value
Off the top of your head what positions or prospects does TB need?

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:02 AM
elriz

you cant spit in vancouver or manitoba without hitting a 5th/6th D.

we do not need more.

elriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
I'd rate Hansen higher than a 2nd and Shirokov right around a 2nd so I don't see what was offered as a low ball. Canucks have a lot of offensive wingers close to making or on the big club. Need one? We need defense.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:04 AM
bmah03

Quote:
According to Scott Cullen's Off-Season Game plan "Needs: Four top nine forwards, one defenceman, starting goaltender. "

How about something like

To Van:
Ty Wishart

To TB:
Sergei Shirokov: (skilled offensive winger was one of Canuck's best players last year in training camp, had a few games in the NHL then moved back and played a full year in the AHL is probably NHL ready on a team needing forwards)
Mario Bliznak: (Defensive minded 3rd/4th line potential centre. Played for the Moose last year and is also close to bottom 6 forward icetime in the NHL)

Old
06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by elriz View Post
you cant spit in vancouver or manitoba without hitting a 5th/6th D.

we do not need more.
He's a young Big D man with potential... 5th/6th guy maybe this year.. Potential to be a top 4 guy though.. I would like that in our system

By the way what i'd say we have a lot more 2-5 guys then 5/6 guys.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:23 AM
OrrNumber4

I'd be wary of a player who was harshly criticized when he was in major juniors, traded by an NHL team, and is now being shopped by another NHL team.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Bolt32

well him and Barberio are the only two defensive prospects within the system that has top 4 upside. Other than quick and Lashoff but both have there heads so far up there ***** they cant see the light of day. Considering Barberio just ended his junior career and still needs a few more seasons before NHL ready, Wishart is the only one who is on the Cusp. I'm personally not in the camp that he needs to go, especially since its a position of weakness in an organization point of view.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:40 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
well him and Barberio are the only two defensive prospects within the system that has top 4 upside. Other than quick and Lashoff but both have there heads so far up there ***** they cant see the light of day. Considering Barberio just ended his junior career and still needs a few more seasons before NHL ready, Wishart is the only one who is on the Cusp. I'm personally not in the camp that he needs to go, especially since its a position of weakness in an organization point of view.
Fair enough. That's why I asked what T.B. Weaknesses were but no one answered.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Doesn't Vancouver have enough 5-6 defensemen?

Rome, O'Brien, Baumgartner, hell some were even saying Mitchell.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 02:01 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Doesn't Vancouver have enough 5-6 defensemen?

Rome, O'Brien, Baumgartner, hell some were even saying Mitchell.
Kind of hoping Rome is the 7th-8th guy. Baumgartner can play a game here or there but he's not an NHL dman. Great guy to have on the farm. seems to have a great attitude. O'Brien still isn't signed. And in no way is a healthy Mitchell a 5th-6th Dman.

Yes Wishart would be a 5-6 this year but he has potential to be a top 4 guy that is the difference between him and other 5-6 dmen

Old
06-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
But does he have a future in Boucher's system? He isn't exactly fleet of foot.

Old
06-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
I'd rate Hansen higher than a 2nd and Shirokov right around a 2nd so I don't see what was offered as a low ball. Canucks have a lot of offensive wingers close to making or on the big club. Need one? We need defense.
Didn't say it was, just making it clear that the Lightning aren't trying to dump him.

Looking over the Canucks prospects, Rodin sounds like he would fit Boucher's system. Grabner also works. Not sure if it would take more or less than Wishart to acquire either.

Old
06-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
hahahaha Raymond?.... no way would he cost that much.
He said in a package for Raymond. In other words, they'd have to add additional pieces.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote