HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pierre LeBrun: Kaberle moved by Saturday

Old
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
West Coast Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Typical HF.

You want Martin's Rights+Corrente+Langs+Clarkson for 1 year of Kaberle?
They'd probably settle for just Parise and Zajac.

West Coast Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Typical HF.

well to be fair, langs only has one year left too, Clarkson doesnt have a contract yet and isnt exactly bobby ryan, martin is supposedly walking, and corrente is a prospect.

i dont think kaberle would get this much, but its not that far fetched.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:08 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Typical HF.

Nope. We want Clarkson + Langenbrunner + 1 of Martin's Rights or Corrente for the next 5 years of Kaberle, which is what the Leafs are foregoing.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
You mean international

..........and here I thought he meant "irrational"

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Nope. We want Clarkson + Langenbrunner + 1 of Martin's Rights or Corrente for the next 5 years of Kaberle, which is what the Leafs are foregoing.
Unless Kaberle has a contract, that's not how this works. Sure he may be likely to re-sign, but that's hardly 5 years guaranteed.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Add more fuel to the Kaberle threads. Watch them run rampant til the deal is done. But mostly I'm looking forward to the 6000 post thread to say how ****** the deal was.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
MauDevils

Quote:
Then you must be trading a different Tomas Kaberle.

Did Nashville get value for Hamhius based on the possible franchise contract he could sign with Philly? Nope they got value for where his contract is at NOW.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I can see a 1st rounder, maybe in the mid range and a prospect coming the Leafs way. Kaberle is a very good DMan and signed to a great deal for this year.
while that seems like fair value, I think burke could care less about the pick being the important component of the deal

he wants a body that can play top 6 and a middling prospect,

or a real good bottom 6guy and a high 2nd

or a bona fide top 3 guy coupled with a salary dump and a good prospect

thats my take anyway, watch something crazy happen like they extend Kaberle and deal Kulemin and Schenn

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Once Toronto receives an "Ian Schultz" type deal, that'll shut 'em up for good about Kaberle.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
You're not getting Josefsson. And we would like Kaberle only, not throw-ins like Mikus. In fact, I highly doubt Lou will dangle Clarkson. Furthermore, David started weeping when he heard he was in the rumored deal for Kovalchuk.

A deal between Toronto and New Jersey for Kaberle will most likely include Jamie Langenbrunner in some way.
No thanks on Langenbrunner. We don't need a 94 year old who's riding the coattails of Parise.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:25 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I can see a 1st rounder, maybe in the mid range and a prospect coming the Leafs way. Kaberle is a very good DMan and signed to a great deal for this year.
Maybe if that 1st rounder is next years 2011 pick, as I think the only way 1st rounders will be traded at the draft is with teams moving up and down the order in the 1st.

The Leafs want a forward in the top 6 now, and probably a prospect or pick.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:26 AM
All Day*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Once Toronto receives an "Ian Schultz" type deal, that'll shut 'em up for good about Kaberle.
Kaberle isn't a goalie. Nice try.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

I'm starting to think that we might be better off just playing Kaberle at forward.

Unless Burke drastically changes his stance, Kaberle will not be traded for a 1st and a prospect type deal.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:28 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofgrond View Post
Unless Kaberle has a contract, that's not how this works. Sure he may be likely to re-sign, but that's hardly 5 years guaranteed.
Do you honestly believe that Burke couldn't get Kaberle to a 4-5 year extension if he wanted to? That's basically a guarantee from the Leaf perspective. Should another team be willing to give up value based on that? nope...which is why the trade is difficult to make.

Should the Devils be willing to part with Langenbrunner + Clarkson + Martin's Rights (or Corrente) for 1 Year Of Kaberle + a significant leg up in getting him signed? Considering their prior ability to get marquee UFAs to sign there, maybe.

However, they'd problably be better off by doing something around Rolston for Campbell.

Quote:
Then you must be trading a different Tomas Kaberle.

Did Nashville get value for Hamhius based on the possible franchise contract he could sign with Philly? Nope they got value for where his contract is at NOW.
The alternative to a trade in Nashville was walking as a free agent. The alternative to a trade in Toronto is signing a new deal.

You guys need to realize that in order for Kaberle to be traded (which seems like it will happen), your team needs to value him this year @4.25 + a significant leg up in signing him as GREATER THAN Toronto valuing him at $4.25 this year and a significant hometown discount for the years following. This is why when you talk about "fair market value", it's irrelevant. Judging by this thread, it seems some GM has done so.

Last edited by seanlinden: 06-21-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
That's not even close to guaranteed. It's simple overpayment from New Jersey. It's a player on a one year contract. Even IF he had a 5 year deal, he has maybe only 2-3 years left of his prime, then he goes into the 35+ declining years. It would still be a bad deal.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
[/b]

newp.

I have a funny feeling it's gonna be Dallas.
I doubt it because of the Eastern Conference preference. Joe's on the record as saying it will be dollar in dollar out transactions to keep the internal budget around the 45 mil mark. I won't rule Dallas out, but I'd be surprised if it was anyone other than Ribeiro being moved if the deal were to happen.

Reasons:
Ribeiro - 3 years/15 mil, Kaberle will certainly get close to the same over the next few seasons. Toronto needs help at center and Ribs has been rumored to be on the block.
Morrow - TML doesn't require a captain, and Joe's made it fairly clear in his year end conference that Morrow will be back.
Richards - he's made it quite clear he'd like to get an extension signed this season.
Neal/Benn/Ericksson - I can't see Joe being that dumb and Burkie being that criminal.
Robidas - Toronto has no use for him, Dallas has turned down offers for him numerous times.

Who the hell else would Toronto want? If Ribeiro Kaberle happened, makes room for #9 in the #3 center hole.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:31 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Kaberle isn't a goalie. Nice try.
Thanks for the reminder.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:32 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
well to be fair, langs only has one year left too, Clarkson doesnt have a contract yet and isnt exactly bobby ryan, martin is supposedly walking, and corrente is a prospect.

i dont think kaberle would get this much, but its not that far fetched.
I can not stop laughing if you really belive this

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post
That's not even close to guaranteed. It's simple overpayment from New Jersey. It's a player on a one year contract. Even IF he had a 5 year deal, he has maybe only 2-3 years left of his prime, then he goes into the 35+ declining years. It would still be a bad deal.
It's not guaranteed for the Devils, but it basically is for the Leafs. It's not an overpayment, because that is waht the LEafs would need to justify trading Kaberle...simple as that.

The way Kaberle plays the game (using his brain instead of his body), he's unlikely to decline too much in the later years of his career.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
As long as we get more than you got for Heatley

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Quote:
Atleast Kaberle is being a good natured human being and not forcing his way out.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
It's not guaranteed for the Devils, but it basically is for the Leafs. It's not an overpayment, because that is waht the LEafs would need to justify trading Kaberle...simple as that.

The way Kaberle plays the game (using his brain instead of his body), he's unlikely to decline too much in the later years of his career.
It IS an overpayment. Kaberle is an above-average player. This is what someone like Semin would return, not a 32-year old Kaberle. You are not getting multiple pieces like this for any amount of years of Kaberle. He's a one-way defenseman. He may put up 50 points, but he's bad in his own end.

But why do I bother, you'll just use that Burke quote again like it's the holy sacrament.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
All Day*

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder.
Seemed like you needed one considering that there is a great market for puckmoving PP QBs, a not so great one for goalies, and Burke said he wanted an impact top 6 forward.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Which they will not.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
I can not stop laughing if you really belive this
if i really believe what? that lang has 1 more year left, clarkson isnt a goal scoring winger, martin is going to ufa, corrente is a prospect

or

that i dont actually believe kaberle will get that much, but that its not too far fetched?

far fetched is leaf fans trying to get bobby ryan for kaberle, stalberg, and phil oreskovich. Thats far fetched.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote