HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pierre LeBrun: Kaberle moved by Saturday

Old
06-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Hockfan*

vCash: 500
Kaberle has to go, take anything for him. Just get his rosey cheeks and soft as hell defensive play out of Toronto.

Hockfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Seemed like you needed one considering that there is a great market for puckmoving PP QBs, a not so great one for goalies, and Burke said he wanted an impact top 6 forward.
Thanks again.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
As long as we get more than you got for Heatley
i could see the heatley return being similar for kaberle (minus cheechoo)

michalek and a 2nd for kaberle, thats a realistic return. Not sure about now, seeing as Michalek has how many knee injuries? But that would be a quality return for kaberle.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
troll?

i would argue kaberle is not our best defenseman. he is our best offensive defenseman. he is great at moving the puck and running a pp but he isnt our best. i would put phaneuf, gunnarson, and arguably beauchemin above him.
If you think that Beauchemin and Gunnarsson are better than Kaberle then you are a terrible judge of talent. Gunnarsson has the potential to be a better 2-way defenseman, but isn't there yet and if you watched the Leafs at all this past season then you would realize that Beauchemin was very disappointing and will be our 4th defenseman at best this coming season.

Our defense rankings would probably be:

1. Phaneuf
2. Kaberle
3. Komisarek
4. Gunnarsson/ Schenn
5. Gunnarsson/ Schenn
6. Beauchemin
7. Finger

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Doctor Perry Cox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Once Toronto receives an "Ian Schultz" type deal, that'll shut 'em up for good about Kaberle.
...Lars Eller is a top prospect and future top line player, and they got him for a goalie with no contract who hasn't played a full season EVER. Honestly, if I was offered my choice of Eller/Schultz or Langenbrunner/Clarkson/Rights to Paul Martin, considering I can sign Martin on July 1st, Langenbrunner's a thousand, and Clarkson has no contract, I would seriously consider Eller/Schultz.

Doctor Perry Cox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I don't know what kind of drugs people in Toronto are smoking but they need to stop... NOW !!!

Clarkson + Lagenbrunner + Corrente + Martin's rights... Are you ****ing serious ?!?!? For those of you who actually think that Burke is getting that big of a return will be very dissapointed.

The guy's a rental, period. If he signs a extension before the trade, that's a different story but at the moment, he's on a one year deal and if you expect a top 6 forward (who's also on a one year deal), a solid 3rd liner, a possible top 4 d-men and the rights to our #1 d-men.... All I can say is that HF will be shutdown for a very loooooooooooong period of time cause TML fans will be on a rampage.

P.S. I love the fact that TML fans don't want Langenbrunner cause he only has one year left on his contract and think they can get better value for a guy who's also on a one year deal !!!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
if i really believe what? that lang has 1 more year left, clarkson isnt a goal scoring winger, martin is going to ufa, corrente is a prospect

or

that i dont actually believe kaberle will get that much, but that its not too far fetched?

far fetched is leaf fans trying to get bobby ryan for kaberle, stalberg, and phil oreskovich. Thats far fetched.
That it is not to far fetched, Kaerle has one year left on his contract aswell

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
alx83*

I hope he's traded for a washing machine. Only problem is he won't be able to wash the blue and white out of his memory.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Perry Cox View Post
...Lars Eller is a top prospect and future top line player, and they got him for a goalie with no contract who hasn't played a full season EVER. Honestly, if I was offered my choice of Eller/Schultz or Langenbrunner/Clarkson/Rights to Paul Martin, considering I can sign Martin on July 1st, Langenbrunner's a thousand, and Clarkson has no contract, I would seriously consider Eller/Schultz.
Ian Schultz.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
The Management

This board should be that much more entertaining when this all goes down.

Some people are going to look very, very ridiculous.

The Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't know what kind of drugs people in Toronto are smoking but they need to stop... NOW !!!

Clarkson + Lagenbrunner + Corrente + Martin's rights... Are you ****ing serious ?!?!? For those of you who actually think that Burke is getting that big of a return will be very dissapointed.

The guy's a rental, period. If he signs a extension before the trade, that's a different story but at the moment, he's on a one year deal and if you expect a top 6 forward (who's also on a one year deal), a solid 3rd liner, a possible top 4 d-men and the rights to our #1 d-men.... All I can say is that HF will be shutdown for a very loooooooooooong period of time cause TML fans will be on a rampage.

P.S. I love the fact that TML fans don't want Langenbrunner cause he only has one year left on his contract and think they can get better value for a guy who's also on a one year deal !!!
This trade doesn't help Toronto !?!?!?!? Clarkson is a third-liner who can easily be obtained via an UFA (Colby Armstrong anyone?)!!!!!! Martin is UFA and is likely going to test the market !?!?! Langenbrunner is a ****ing old man who is of no use to the Leafs !?!! Corrente is a defenseman -- another thing the Leafs don't need !?!?

The trade is ****ing garbage for both teams. I'd hire a hit on Burke if he made a **** deal like that. I'm not saying that I don't think it's an overpayment by NJ (which it is slightly) but just because it is doesn't mean it's a good deal for Toronto. I'd prefer to get a first-line player and a second-rounder than a bunch of players we don't currently need.

edit: my excessive use of question marks and exclamation points were meant in a sarcastic/mocking manner -- I don't want people to think my grammar is as ridiculous as this kids'.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
TOML

ffsks, why can't they just DO it already?!?

YEARS of this bs.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Bobs your uncle

I think the trade goes down like this:

To Toronto -
Ian White
Matt Stajan
Nigel Dawes
Niklas Hagman
Jamal Mayers

To Calgary -
Tomas Kaberle

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
I dont agree considering what was given up for Hamius. I would expect the offer to be similar if not better. Sure Hamius is younger but Kaberle is the better D right now and at least signed.
and what exactly was given up for UFA Hamhuis' rights? A bottom pairing injury prone dman who has been surpassed by other players, and will need to pass through waivers. Hamhuis didn't really get much of anything at all

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Doctor Perry Cox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
and what exactly was given up for UFA Hamhuis' rights? A bottom pairing injury prone dman who has been surpassed by other players, and will need to pass through waivers. Hamhuis didn't really get much of anything at all
Hamhuis' doesn't have a contract. He could very well play 0 games for Philadelphia. BIG difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post

To Toronto -
Ian White
Matt Stajan
Nigel Dawes
Niklas Hagman
Jamal Mayers

To Calgary -
Tomas Kaberle
Nobody's taking Nigel Daws off your hands, bro.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
MIKE GUNDY*

Quote:

To Toronto -
Ian White
Matt Stajan
Nigel Dawes
Niklas Hagman
Jamal Mayers

To Calgary -
Tomas Kaberle
aha maybe if the leafs GM was sutter-level in terribleness

MIKE GUNDY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Perry Cox View Post
Hamhuis' doesn't have a contract. He could very well play 0 games for Philadelphia. BIG difference.

Nobody's taking Nigel Daws off your hands, bro.
Or Niklas Hagman. Or Matt Stajan.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Loso

I think Phoenix could be a very workable trading partner as they have many useful chips, like Turris, Boedker, Calgary first, their first, Wolski's rights and had a weak powerplay during the regular season. Something could very easily be worked around a combination of those players, and I said a combination not ALL of them, so don't try to quote me and interpret what I said as all of them like you guys did with the guy who said Martin's rights or Corrente but you guys claimed he said both....

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:23 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post
It IS an overpayment. Kaberle is an above-average player. This is what someone like Semin would return, not a 32-year old Kaberle. You are not getting multiple pieces like this for any amount of years of Kaberle. He's a one-way defenseman. He may put up 50 points, but he's bad in his own end.

But why do I bother, you'll just use that Burke quote again like it's the holy sacrament.
Keep thinking that. Kaberle is one of the best puckmovers in the league and has been on an absolutely terrible team for the last couple of years. We may not get that kind of package, which is fine, because we could keep him. Seeing as there is speculation that he will definitely be traded at the draft, someone likely has stepped up with that kind of package.

Btw, from an NJ perspective, have fun filling out the blueline. If there's a team in this league that should place a huge premium for Kaberle, it's problably NJ. Their blueline sucks (specially if Martin walks) and I can't even remember the last time they signed a marquee UFA. I wouldn't qualify Zubrus or Rolston as fitting into that category, and I think the Devils problably regret both signings. The problem is that the Leafs don't place a huge premium on anything New Jersey has other than Zajac or Parise. The Leafs will place a huge premium on youth, top line skill, and preferably some size.

As for the Langenbrunner-Kaberle comparison above...Langs isn't in the same league as Kaberle in terms of overall calibre....nevermind the fact that he's older and realistically cannot be signed to anything more than a 2-year deal. A 3rd liner with possible 2nd line upside + one of a UFA's rights or prospect is nothing.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:

To Toronto -
Ian White
Matt Stajan
Nigel Dawes
Niklas Hagman
Jamal Mayers

To Calgary -
Tomas Kaberle
I'd VERY willingly take White and Hagman back. I miss them both a lot.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Selanne00008

Any actual way the LEafs would trade him to the Sabres, as they were mentioned as a team interested? Im guessing it may cost Buffalo too much, as Burke may ask for more since we are in division, and Darcy wouldnt want to overpay.... ?

Stafford, a 2nd, and.... a prospect?

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
I hope he's traded for a washing machine. Only problem is he won't be able to wash the blue and white out of his memory.
I like your contribution.

Seriously though, if Burke can't get what he wants for Kaberle (which he probably will), then Kaberle will be re-signed to a long term extension. BB wants a top 6 forward + a low pick (1st/2nd round) or a player ready to play now, good prospect and 1st rounder. If he doesn't get offered something along those lines then I can't see Kaberle being moved.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
All Day*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
Any actual way the LEafs would trade him to the Sabres, as they were mentioned as a team interested? Im guessing it may cost Buffalo too much, as Burke may ask for more since we are in division, and Darcy wouldnt want to overpay.... ?

Burke wants to make the team better with this trade, make the playoffs, and he wants an impact top 6 forward.

Stafford didn't resemble anything close to "impact", so a 2nd + random prospect won't cut it.

Last edited by All Day*: 06-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.
All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doctor Perry Cox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post

Stafford's a marginal player. Not really a top six guy. A second and a whatever prospect don't really appeal to the Leafs right now.

This is going to have to be a need for a need type move. Look at Pominville or Roy straight up for Kaberle.

Old
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Keep thinking that. Kaberle is one of the best puckmovers in the league and has been on an absolutely terrible team for the last couple of years. We may not get that kind of package, which is fine, because we could keep him. Seeing as there is speculation that he will definitely be traded at the draft, someone likely has stepped up with that kind of package.

Btw, from an NJ perspective, have fun filling out the blueline. If there's a team in this league that should place a huge premium for Kaberle, it's problably NJ. Their blueline sucks (specially if Martin walks) and I can't even remember the last time they signed a marquee UFA. I wouldn't qualify Zubrus or Rolston as fitting into that category, and I think the Devils problably regret both signings. The problem is that the Leafs don't place a huge premium on anything New Jersey has other than Zajac or Parise. The Leafs will place a huge premium on youth, top line skill, and preferably some size.

As for the Langenbrunner-Kaberle comparison above...Langs isn't in the same league as Kaberle in terms of overall calibre....nevermind the fact that he's older and realistically cannot be signed to anything more than a 2-year deal. A 3rd liner with possible 2nd line upside + one of a UFA's rights or prospect is nothing.
He's bad defensivley. I don't care if he gets 100 points. If a defenseman is bad defensivley, they cannot be elite.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote