HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Byfuglien/Ladd Available

Old
06-23-2010, 01:26 AM
scottyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
My friend. If we deal our 1st rounder for a different asset to Byfuglien, why does our drafting record come into consideration at all, may I ask?

Why are Frolov and Hartnell a pipe dream? Frolov's a pending UFA whose rights can be had for next to nothing. Philly can't sign Hamhuis without shedding salary in the next few days and need to clear salary fast. Hartnell is the odd man out according to Dreger or McKenzie who said so.

Do your research homeboy.
**** Hartnell

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
**** Hartnell
Ya ***** Hartnell. He only scored 5 goals in 6 games in the finals including 2 in Game 6.

***** him seriously. He only makes $4.2m for the next 3-4 years, is 28 so he's entering his prime, is a top 6 forward, a player people hate playing against, 6'2" and 210 lbs, a 6th overall pick from 2000, scored 22-30 goals each of the last 4 years before this past season.

Great arguments dude. Again, a player like this can be had for a 1st instead of Byfuglien, an 8th round pick who parks in front of the net waiting for Toews and Kane to pass him the puck on the PP, and hey, isn't actually a forward but a sixth defenseman.

Not to mention that he lost in the Finals, meaning he's going to have a wicked season next year being motivated as ***** to get back to the Finals. And it weakens one our playoff rivals who probably won't hesitate to take a 1st rounder needing to sign Hamhuis with the deadline only days away.

Ya I must be really retarded to choose Hartnell over Byfuglien.

Last edited by Ginu: 06-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:52 AM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
My friend. If we deal our 1st rounder for a different asset to Byfuglien, why does our drafting record come into consideration at all, may I ask?

Why are Frolov and Hartnell a pipe dream? Frolov's a pending UFA whose rights can be had for next to nothing. Philly can't sign Hamhuis without shedding salary in the next few days and need to clear salary fast. Hartnell is the odd man out according to Dreger or McKenzie who said so.

Do your research homeboy.
It's convenient how you ignore Ladd's role in all of this. Especially since Ladd at 24 is very comparable to the caliber of player Hartnell was at 24.

If I were to break the trade down for you as:

27th Overall for Ladd
Pacioretty for Buffy

Is it now easier for you to understand how this deal shakes out?

Not only that, but both those players combine for Hartnell's total salary, who in any case I doubt will be dealt. Look for Gagne to be on the move if anything.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
It's convenient how you ignore Ladd's role in all of this. Especially since Ladd at 24 is very comparable to the caliber of player Hartnell was at 24.

If I were to break the trade down for you as:

27th Overall for Ladd
Pacioretty for Buffy

Not only that, but both those players combine for Hartnell's total salary, who in any case I doubt will be dealt. Look for Gagne to be on the move if anything.
lol whether you give the 27th overall for Ladd or Pacioretty for Buffy, you're still giving two 1st rounders for those 2 guys. They're not nearly the calibre of player that Hartnell is. Give me a break. Ladd is a 3rd liner who can fill on the top 2 lines and has never scored more than 17 goals. Hartnell has been between 22 and 30 four times in the last 5 years.

Hartnell for the 27th overall. I'd rather put a scoring winger (Pouliot) with Eller anyways. Ladd isn't a full-time top 2 line player.

Old
06-23-2010, 02:05 AM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
lol whether you give the 27th overall for Ladd or Pacioretty for Buffy, you're still giving two 1st rounders for those 2 guys. They're not nearly the calibre of player that Hartnell is. Give me a break. Ladd is a 3rd liner who can fill on the top 2 lines and has never scored more than 17 goals. Hartnell has been between 22 and 30 four times in the last 5 years.

Hartnell for the 27th overall. I'd rather put a scoring winger (Pouliot) with Eller anyways. Ladd isn't a full-time top 2 line player.

Show me the link that says Hartnell is available... and then I'll continue destroying your weak points.

Old
06-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
I succeed. Anyone wanting to give up a 1st for Byfuglien needs to get their head checked.

Give the 1st for Hartnell and give LA Kostitsyn conditional to a signed Frolov. Trade Hammer and you have players with size who can actually play. I'm scratching my head reading this thread.
I'm not sure why you say that Hartnell is a lock for 30-30. I find him to be quite overvalued, especially at his salary cap. I like your idea for Frolov but then would we really need Hartnell in place of Pouliot? We know that Pouliot can click with G&G but what about Hartnell? I'd hate to have $4.2M on the 3rd line.

I like the idea of adding Byfuglien but the price is a little steep. It would have to be a 2nd and a prospect such as Wyman or Conboy. But then again, where would he play? Certainly not top 6, he wouldn't be able to follow with our speed. So 3rd line with Eller? Wouldn't help Eller's development. It would have to be 3rd line without Eller or else we'd end up with $3M on the 4th line. Of course, he'd play 1st PP.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I'm not sure why you say that Hartnell is a lock for 30-30. I find him to be quite overvalued, especially at his salary cap. I like your idea for Frolov but then would we really need Hartnell in place of Pouliot? We know that Pouliot can click with G&G but what about Hartnell? I'd hate to have $4.2M on the 3rd line.

I like the idea of adding Byfuglien but the price is a little steep. It would have to be a 2nd and a prospect such as Wyman or Conboy. But then again, where would he play? Certainly not top 6, he wouldn't be able to follow with our speed. So 3rd line with Eller? Wouldn't help Eller's development. It would have to be 3rd line without Eller or else we'd end up with $3M on the 4th line. Of course, he'd play 1st PP.
Hartnell RIGHT NOW is easily the best of those 3 players. Yes he makes more than the 3 mil Byfuglien makes and the 2.5 that ladd will probably get, but he's consistently been a 1st line calibre 25-30 goal power forward. I would trade our 1st for him at the drop of a hat and worry about clearing out cap space after.

Of those 3 players, Byfuglien would be 3rd, Ladd 2nd and Hartnell 1st...assuming they all cost the same value to acquire. Obviously if you can get Ladd for a 2nd you do that in a milisecond.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Show me the link that says Hartnell is available... and then I'll continue destroying your weak points.
I'm not going to go through Dreger and McKenzie's tweets. They're all over the boards. Find it yourself. Anyone who wants Byfuglien instead of Hartnell is crazy (and I've already explained how to make it work with the salary cap - trade AK for Frolov and Hamrlik + prospect for a draft pick).

Old
06-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hartnell RIGHT NOW is easily the best of those 3 players. Yes he makes more than the 3 mil Byfuglien makes and the 2.5 that ladd will probably get, but he's consistently been a 1st line calibre 25-30 goal power forward. I would trade our 1st for him at the drop of a hat and worry about clearing out cap space after.

Of those 3 players, Byfuglien would be 3rd, Ladd 2nd and Hartnell 1st...assuming they all cost the same value to acquire. Obviously if you can get Ladd for a 2nd you do that in a milisecond.
Some of these guys must be on acid.

Old
06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

I want Big Buff plain and simple... Get the **** outta here if you think the Flyers will trade us Hartnell, it will never happen.

Plus, Byfuglien is the perfect role model for Schultz.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
I want Big Buff plain and simple... Get the **** outta here if you think the Flyers will trade us Hartnell, it will never happen.

Racist!

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post

Offer Philly a 1st and they may not have a choice. They can't sign Hamhuis until they trade one of Gagne, Hartnell or Briere.

Old
06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Offer Philly a 1st and they may not have a choice. They can't sign Hamhuis until they trade one of Gagne, Hartnell or Briere.
Hot damn i would take Hartnell for a 1st!!

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Hartnell
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
S.Kost-Eller-A.Kost
Moen-Pyatt-Lappierre

Best line-up in decades

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Hot damn i would take Hartnell for a 1st!!

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Hartnell
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
S.Kost-Eller-A.Kost
Moen-Pyatt-Lappierre

Best line-up in decades
If you acquire Hartnell, AK is probably the player leaving town, and SK is about as gone as anybody who played for us in the last year.

I don't think management will risk trading Hamrlik(they may not even be able to) unless they were sure Markov would be ready for opening night or darn close.

Old
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I'm not going to go through Dreger and McKenzie's tweets. They're all over the boards. Find it yourself. Anyone who wants Byfuglien instead of Hartnell is crazy (and I've already explained how to make it work with the salary cap - trade AK for Frolov and Hamrlik + prospect for a draft pick).
I would take both Byfuglien and Hartnell but let's face it size does matter. And given the 27th pick for Buff is actually a pretty winning deal for the other team. The guy was an important reason of the Hawks winning the cup. If anything I would think the Hawks will get much much more for him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
No mention of Hartnell on either Dreger or McKenzie's twitter since the playoffs ended.

So step it up son, where's the link?

Old
06-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Max Levine

Quote:

Of those 3 players? Well, yes, Hartnell is the better player. But I'm hoping no one is considering playing Buff or Ladd on the 1st line.

As for Hartnell, I find him to be quite undisciplined, often takes dumb penalties and is overrated. But this goes back to the debate of some wanting big bodies on the top 6 as opposed to more skilled players. Personally, I'd rather keep Pouliot at $900K than having Hartnell at $4M.

Quote:
Some of these guys must be on acid.
Oh! Well, next time I feel the urge to get into a discussion with you, I'll take another cap and listen to Pink Floyd

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Ginu

Quote:
No mention of Hartnell on either Dreger or McKenzie's twitter since the playoffs ended.

So step it up son, where's the link?
Look at the tweets where they discuss Carter not being traded by Philly. Whether they mention Hartnell by name or not, Hartnell is the odd man out. They can't move Briere with his contract, Richards, Carter, Giroux and JVR aren't going anywhere, who does that leave out? Hartnell and Gagne "son". Stop acting like a child.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Look at the tweets where they discuss Carter not being traded by Philly. Whether they mention Hartnell by name or not, Hartnell is the odd man out. They can't move Briere with his contract, Richards, Carter, Giroux and JVR aren't going anywhere, who does that leave out? Hartnell and Gagne "son". Stop acting like a child.
I heard Carter was on the market and also heard some rumblings on Hartnell. I'm sure Briere would be the first one they dump, but I doubt they can without taking back a big salary.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Ginu

Quote:
I heard Carter was on the market and also heard some rumblings on Hartnell. I'm sure Briere would be the first one they dump, but I doubt they can without taking back a big salary.
Carter's not on the market unless someone blows them away with an offer. I agree with you, Briere would be near impossible to move.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Boulette Cannon

Get it done PG!

Man, I think I would cry (of joy) if Big B was a hab.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 12:08 PM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
Okay so now Hartnell was never directly mentioned as being on the block, and on top of that you're assuming our 27th overall pick alone will be able to get this done? Pure speculation.

Care to backpedal anymore?

Old
06-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Carter's not on the market unless someone blows them away with an offer. I agree with you, Briere would be near impossible to move.
I read from a few bloggers/media that he was one of the ones being shopped. The logical spot to shed salary is at center with Giroux and Briere being better players at center and Richards being captain.

If they trade Hartnell, he is by far their most physical forward, plus he can play on a 1st or 2nd line.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I want Buff NOW!!!!

I like Hartnell too but I don't think Flyers will trade him to us. And if I have a choice I take Big Buffy.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I succeed. Anyone wanting to give up a 1st for Byfuglien needs to get their head checked.

Give the 1st for Hartnell and give LA Kostitsyn conditional to a signed Frolov. Trade Hammer and you have players with size who can actually play. I'm scratching my head reading this thread.
You can't conditionally trade a player, only picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
Get it done PG!

Man, I think I would cry (of joy) if Big B was a hab.
I hate the "Get it done (GM)", reminds me too much of Leafs fans and their fantasy of Kovalchuk, Marleau, Ryan etc.

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote