HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2010, 11:29 AM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

Hey everyone i have a trade proposal for Friday i wish to share. Considering the fact Toronto has not come to terms with Kulemin, i say we go after him in a trade scenario that Burke might consider. For those not to familiar with him, he scored over 20 last year on Toronto, and is great all around player ready to really break out. Hes got Size, plays physical. In Russia they compared him to Ovechkin although im not ready to do that. I am thinking a number of different trades but here is a couple for that player 1) Trade Drury and are #1 pick this year for Kulemin. 2) Trade Drury and a young prospect you name the player and if Burke does not want Drury even though i think he will considering the Olympics and the need for that type of player in TO, than we offer are number 1 pick straight up seeing as though Burke really want the pick and we really need a player like Kulemin with offensive and all around skill. The best part about this trade is that lets say we lose Drury, and pick up Kulemin, we are not only getting a better player, we have the money to get another good player. Its all positives. These are the trades that make winning teams.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:31 AM
terrrrrible

In before "DRURY HAS AN NMC RAGEEEEE" comments.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
NYRangers09

I couldnt be more down for a Drury and our 1st for Kulemin trade. Then we send Redden to the minors, sign Kovalchuk, and call it one of the most successful offseasons anyone could have asked for.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
HockeyGuy1985*

Drury............

has..........

a..........

No........

Movement..........

Clause...........

Old
06-21-2010, 11:36 AM
satrabyk

Ya he has a no movement clause but that is why you ask him to waive it to go to a team that has a manager that really believes in him!

Old
06-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Hey everyone i have a trade proposal for Friday i wish to share. Considering the fact Toronto has not come to terms with Kulemin, i say we go after him in a trade scenario that Burke might consider. For those not to familiar with him, he scored over 20 last year on Toronto, and is great all around player ready to really break out. Hes got Size, plays physical. In Russia they compared him to Ovechkin although im not ready to do that. I am thinking a number of different trades but here is a couple for that player 1) Trade Drury and are #1 pick this year for Kulemin. 2) Trade Drury and a young prospect you name the player and if Burke does not want Drury even though i think he will considering the Olympics and the need for that type of player in TO, than we offer are number 1 pick straight up seeing as though Burke really want the pick and we really need a player like Kulemin with offensive and all around skill. The best part about this trade is that lets say we lose Drury, and pick up Kulemin, we are not only getting a better player, we have the money to get another good player. Its all positives. These are the trades that make winning teams.
no to that. i would like to see who's available during the draft first. if tarasenko is still available then i wouldn't trade the pick. this is the best drafting spot we've had in a long while, we should use it to our advantage. i know i know, brendl/malhotra/etc, but this year it seems to be an extremely strong draft class. tarasenko is figured to slip because teams are uncertain of his commitment to play in the nhl... if he played in north america and his status to play in the nhl wasn't a question mark he'd go top 3.

if tarasenko's not there then i'd like to see us get someone like skinner. similar to a mike richards.

i like the idea of trading for kulemin though. burke won't want anything to do with drury's contract though. he's a very wise GM. it would probably take dubinsky/callahan + grachev/sanguinetti. he's really good at getting the most out of any trade... mostly because he's always in the drivers seat. he doesn't have to give up kulemin, he can ride out a long contract negotiation process with him, and thus anyone who wants to get him will have to overpay. same thing happened last year during the draft, they showed murray speaking to the ottawa GM who at the time wanted nazem kadri. murray said do you have a good offer, they apparently didn't, and murray ended up drafting kadri himself. trading for someone from the maple leafs, especially a young and very talented player, will be difficult.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

According to my source, who was born yesterday and lives under a rock,
there is clause that not everyone may know about.
I'm not sure if really anyone knows this little minor fact in Drury's contract,
but he has a No Movement Clause.
It really is a minor clause since the only restriction is
from inclusion into HF Board trade proposals.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
FOXHOUND*

Absolutely god awful proposal

Old
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Losing assets for Drury makes no sense. Just wait the 2 years and sign no big FAs. We need that 1st more than cap space.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
satrabyk

Ok but people your missing that fact the Burke is ina tough situation looking to improve the team. He is not worried to much on sallary and knows Drury contract will expire soon. He may think that he is a huge upgrade (although we know hes not). Remember he classifies him as a winner and someone you need on your team when he put him on Team USA! Weve played the Drury card well making him Captain and all, seriously i think Burke might think hes won big on that trade. You think hes that wise when he traded for Kessel for two number 1 picks. Trust me if he can get a #1 pick to redeem himself and Drury who Toronto think is prob a good player, i think he might do it. If it takes a cally as well i would still do it, but only if they throw in one of thier prospects like Aulie or Schenn (not likely Schenn but you start their).

Old
06-21-2010, 11:47 AM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Ok but people your missing that fact the Burke is ina tough situation looking to improve the team. He is not worried to much on sallary and knows Drury contract will expire soon. He may think that he is a huge upgrade (although we know hes not). Remember he classifies him as a winner and someone you need on your team when he put him on Team USA! Weve played the Drury card well making him Captain and all, seriously i think Burke might think hes won big on that trade. You think hes that wise when he traded for Kessel for two number 1 picks. Trust me if he can get a #1 pick to redeem himself and Drury who Toronto think is prob a good player, i think he might do it. If it takes a cally as well i would still do it, but only if they throw in one of thier prospects like Aulie or Schenn (not likely Schenn but you start their).
Ok but your missing the fact the conversation is a non-starter since drury is not going to waive his NMC to go play from his childhood team to Toronto. Furthermore you want to get rid of our first and only bring back kuelmin? I don't think so.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:47 AM
satrabyk

Ok obviously people on here dont know how strong Kulemin is and how high his potential can be. I see him as a 40-50 goal scorer. Although i guess people on here havent watched him play much. If you could get a player like Kulemin at #10 in the first round your really happy, not only that if you could get rid of Drury and sign a better player your also happy. Cant you see Drury and Redden are the reasons were not going to be successfull.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Ok obviously people on here dont know how strong Kulemin is and how high his potential can be. I see him as a 40-50 goal scorer. Although i guess people on here havent watched him play much. If you could get a player like Kulemin at #10 in the first round your really happy, not only that if you could get rid of Drury and sign a better player your also happy. Cant you see Drury and Redden are the reasons were not going to be successfull.

Credibilty go bye-bye.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post

Credibilty go bye-bye.
Lol you cant say that until he doesent do it. Its my word against yours and pretty confident in my opinion over someone who prob only watches ranger games

Old
06-21-2010, 11:53 AM
bizzydizzy*

Quote:

Saying Drury ok'd this trade, This would put Toronto at 52.5 million cap hit committed to 15 players. While I am all in favor for getting rid of Drury's contract, I don't think too many Gm's would be willing or able to take that hit. I know Sather pulled a miracle to shed Gomez last year, but Gomez has a lot more upside than Drury.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Lol you cant say that until he doesent do it. Its my word against yours and pretty confident in my opinion over someone who prob only watches ranger games
Are you joking? Even biased Leaf fans say he's a 25 goal, two-way player. You are overestimating his ability. He's like a small upgrade over Callahan.

And I watch tons of NHL games, of every team (mostly the Canucks, but still a lot of other NHL games).

Old
06-21-2010, 11:55 AM
FOXHOUND*

I'll back up cally on this one (even though I hate his username). No one thinks keulimin is gonna score 40+ goals, except you for some reason. I would have to admit that it seems like you have a terrible eye for talent and no idea of value.

Old
06-21-2010, 11:55 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I'll back up cally on this one (even though I hate his username). No one thinks keulimin is gonna score 40+ goals, except you for some reason. I would have to admit that it seems like you have a terrible eye for talent and no idea of value.
You know it's just a joke.

Old
06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
xnyker

You want a trade with Toronto, how about our 1st round draft pick for kaberle, oh yea and we throw in Redden to sweeten the deal....

Old
06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
He scored 16 goals and was getting top line minutes after the new year. You are over rating him and his ceiling.

Old
06-21-2010, 12:03 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
That is why i know we will have a hard time winning with Drury and Redden because i have horribel eye for talent lol. Trust me i wont even get into it becauase i don take what some low life loser has to say seriously about my hockey knowledge. If i think he has the potential to be a 40+ goal scorer in him prime that is my opinion. But it is everything else this guy does that really puts me over the top. All i can say is mark it down and see what he does in the next 5 years.

Old
06-21-2010, 12:05 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
That is why i know we will have a hard time winning with Drury and Redden because i have horribel eye for talent lol. Trust me i wont even get into it becauase i don take what some low life loser has to say seriously about my hockey knowledge. If i think he has the potential to be a 40+ goal scorer in him prime that is my opinion. But it is everything else this guy does that really puts me over the top. All i can say is mark it down and see what he does in the next 5 years.
Just keep digging your hole deeper chief...

Old
06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
If he is so great why isn't he signed?

Old
06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Just keep digging your hole deeper chief...
Time will tell buddy..

Old
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Time will tell buddy..
Times telling now you just can't see it. Go bring this proposal to the main/trade boards because leaf fans would take this laughing all the way to the bank. If his potential was so high he'd be signed already because the leafs need all the help they can get up front.

Closed Thread