HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Workout Facility Question

Old
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Preds Workout Facility Question

So I work at the Green Hills YMCA and today Im helping out at the front desk when Cal Oreily comes in.

I was suprised at how tall he is, he looked smaller to me on tv.

Anyway, it was a little before 5pm Id say. But my question is this, why would Cal need to come to the YMCA to workout? We have an awesome facility but I dont know why he would choose it over the privacy of his clubhouse.

Dont they have trainers and workout schedules and what not?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
So I work at the Green Hills YMCA and today Im helping out at the front desk when Cal Oreily comes in.

I was suprised at how tall he is, he looked smaller to me on tv.

Anyway, it was a little before 5pm Id say. But my question is this, why would Cal need to come to the YMCA to workout? We have an awesome facility but I dont know why he would choose it over the privacy of his clubhouse.

Dont they have trainers and workout schedules and what not?
I know on opening night that the facility in their locker room at the Bridge was still not finished, however there is a facility at the practice rink. My best guess would be he was out for Community Day today and simply wanted to make sure he got his workout in and didn't want to head back downtown...

I'd call that commitment. He could have skipped his workout, but he adapted to his schedule and fit it in to make sure he's ready for the back-to-back games on Wednesday and Thursday...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'd call that commitment. He could have skipped his workout, but he adapted to his schedule and fit it in to make sure he's ready for the back-to-back games on Wednesday and Thursday...
I have to ask. How is this a major sign of commitment? I do this EVERYDAY. To me it seems like common sense; you don't have the time and facilities so you adapt. Stuck in a hotel room for a couple days. Do push ups and sit ups in the hotel. Run when you can. If there is muscle fatigue slow down and ramp down the workout.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I have to ask. How is this a major sign of commitment? I do this EVERYDAY. To me it seems like common sense; you don't have the time and facilities so you adapt. Stuck in a hotel room for a couple days. Do push ups and sit ups in the hotel. Run when you can. If there is muscle fatigue slow down and ramp down the workout.
Sorry, it was late. All I was saying was that it was a young player not shirking his responsibilities and taking the night off since he was away from the team. Nothing to really pat him on the back about, he was doing his job. I just wanted to say I doubt that he was working out at the Y for any reason except for convience.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sorry, it was late. All I was saying was that it was a young player not shirking his responsibilities and taking the night off since he was away from the team. Nothing to really pat him on the back about, he was doing his job. I just wanted to say I doubt that he was working out at the Y for any reason except for convience.
AH! THAT I agree on. It was one of those, 'HEY! I need to hit the bike anyway.' Kinda deal.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Just because it's expected doesn't make it any less a positive sign of commitment.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote