HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Pyatt re-signed (2 years, 2 million)

Old
06-21-2010, 10:41 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Pyatt was very noticeable in the playoffs. To me, that's a good enough reason to keep him.
Pyatt heated up big time heading into them as well. His history of being an inconsistent player is a concern, but at the cap hit it shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm hoping he can continue to grow his game.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Coyotes Crusader

I consider this to be a good and necessary signing. At the end of the season DM said this team needs to get bigger and tougher. Pyatt helps in both departments.

As well, I think DM will use this signing as another piece in the puzzle to sign Stempniak. Stempy played some of his best hockey on a line with Fiddler and Pyatt. DM can use this as leverage to re-sign Stempy at a Coyote friendly price. Wait and see.....

Coyotes Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes Crusader View Post
I consider this to be a good and necessary signing. At the end of the season DM said this team needs to get bigger and tougher. Pyatt helps in both departments.

As well, I think DM will use this signing as another piece in the puzzle to sign Stempniak. Stempy played some of his best hockey on a line with Fiddler and Pyatt. DM can use this as leverage to re-sign Stempy at a Coyote friendly price. Wait and see.....
My Xmas wish is to see this 'bargain price,' for whatever the reason nonsense, DISAPPEAR, so we can build, rather than scrap a low salaried, bargain team together.

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Coyotes Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorTippett View Post
My Xmas wish is to see this 'bargain price,' for whatever the reason nonsense, DISAPPEAR, so we can build, rather than scrap a low salaried, bargain team together.
Just a little more patience ET. We won't have to cobble this thing together for
much longer.

Coyotes Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
moosemeister

I enjoy this signing. He started to really come around to his game near the end of the season. No reason to think that he will continue to get back to his game now that he got a contract.

It's good to see DM doing stuff without owners.

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Mike92

Decent signing, I think he's got a little upside to him. He seemed to play more consistently as the season went on too. We just need him to bring his physical edge every game and be a net presence, plus chip in a few every now and then. Depth never hurts, and neither does having some consistency in the lineup, something we really lacked before DM.

Mike92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I think he got more comfortable as the year went on, then found himself again in the playoffs. With that said, I'm excited to see a full year of him. Good signing, glad we could keep you around Pyatt.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:39 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:

This is a good point. Even if it has no bearing on whether or not they bring Stempniak back, that Pyatt and Fiddler were so integral to another player's success makes up for their own lack of production.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:02 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhockeylover96 View Post
I feel like we're getting set up for:

Upshall Wolski Doan
Prucha Hanzel Vrbata
Korpi Fiddler Winnik
Pyatt Noke Tiki

No way. Maloney said we HAD TO get better. I trust DM. That lineup blows hard.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:18 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I'll keep Pyatt at that price. He had a couple of stretches where he was fantastic. Wish he would use his body more but there is no doubt he works his butt off.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 07:46 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
If true that would make sense as if I recall correctly that was around when he was a black hole in the line up. I agree with you, I like the trend.
Certainly his personal tragedy played a factor in his sporadic play last season, but he's been inconsistent his whole career. The knock on him in Vancouver was much the same. He'd look like a true power forward one night and then be invisible the next. He was recognizable in the playoffs, but is suited for a bottom 6 role. There are worse options at $1M.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:58 AM

No complaints to Pyatt coming back, and the price is fair over the two years. He has the skill that he can play with some offensive talent from time to time on a fill in basis, but he's also effective in a depth role. Guys like Pyatt might be valuable as Turris and other young guys make the team as they might give them some talent to play with.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
PhoPhan

If Stempniak doesn't return, I'd like to see Boedker or MacLean on that line with Pyatt and Fiddler. I think either of them could play a similar role.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
AlbertaNucksFan

A great thing about Pyatt is that when needed he can step up during the game. If there is an injury to any one line during a game he can fill the hole at a higher pace for a short time and not become a liability. we learned that in VAN. Pyatt is funny cause he can play on lines 1 tru 4 or just not be on the team to make room for someone else.

AlbertaNucksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Guys like Pyatt might be valuable as Turris and other young guys make the team as they might give them some talent to play with.
While Pyatt isn't as aggressive as most would like him to be, he strikes me as the type who would be very protective of someone like Kyle Turris. Those 2 could be the perfect compliment at this stage of Turris career.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:46 PM
mpir3

Met him and Bissonnette at the W pool sunday afternoon...Seemed like some nice guys. Hopefully Pyatt has a more consistent year

mpir3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpir3 View Post
Met him and Bissonnette at the W pool sunday afternoon...Seemed like some nice guys. Hopefully Pyatt has a more consistent year
What was Biz like in the speedo he mentioned on twitter?

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Pyatt is obviously big and has the physical tools to play a tough game... he just doesn't do it consistently.

Pyatt is a utility player/fourth liner, who doesn't hurt the club defensively and has little offensive upside. The Coyotes seem to have plenty of those. Why give him a two year deal?

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Not sure why 2 years. Although we do have have very, very few forwards under contract for the 2011-2012 season at this time.

We said the same thing when we gave Fedoruk a 3 year deal. We ended up handling that fine.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote