HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - No Brad Richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2010, 05:35 PM
  #1
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
OT - No Brad Richards

Maybe this belongs in one of the stickies...not really sure. Feel free to move or close if that's the case. Just reading an article on TSN that would have me believe the Stars are definitely not parting ways with Richards, so we can probably put that one to rest:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325056

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:36 PM
  #2
Daisy Jane
trust the vision
 
Daisy Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 33,941
vCash: 500
Because Brad Richards is from PEI, and the Stars might have camp in PEI... makes you believe that Richards isn't going anywhere? That's kind of a huge jump.

Daisy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:38 PM
  #3
Belak Attack
:walrus:
 
Belak Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, Canadia.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
That doesn't mean a damn thing. You're reading between the lines of the lines...

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:40 PM
  #4
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
Because Brad Richards is from PEI, and the Stars might have camp in PEI... makes you believe that Richards isn't going anywhere? That's kind of a huge jump.
Seems kind of a big "out of the way" for a guy you aren't committed
to no?

Do you suppose they'd have any reason apart from their player to choose PEI???

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:43 PM
  #5
PasDaSquini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Seems kind of a big "out of the way" for a guy you aren't committed
to no?

Do you suppose they'd have any reason apart from their player to choose PEI???
The fact that Canadians all over Canada love hockey. The stars organization wants to make money why not pei.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
  #6
kb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Seems kind of a big "out of the way" for a guy you aren't committed
to no?

Do you suppose they'd have any reason apart from their player to choose PEI???
Steve Ott?

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:45 PM
  #7
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDaSquini View Post
The fact that Canadians all over Canada love hockey. The stars organization wants to make money why not pei.
So the owner who is hemorrhaging money chooses thousands of miles away and a place with a small population and not much for high level rinks as a way to make money?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:46 PM
  #8
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb View Post
Steve Ott?
Suuurreee.....

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:54 PM
  #9
Drakkor
Registered User
 
Drakkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDaSquini View Post
The fact that Canadians all over Canada love hockey. The stars organization wants to make money why not pei.
No, you guys have it all wrong. I think this means the Stars are trading for Crosby.

Drakkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:55 PM
  #10
NoTouchIcing
Registered User
 
NoTouchIcing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Libya
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
This whole thread is ********.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 06:46 PM
  #11
Leafs626364
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Barrie, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
I clicked on this thread, because I expected it to be about the Ribeiro article, but no one has even mentioned it.

Dallas ownership could definatley make money in PEI. About the only poor business decision (off-ice decision) MLSE has made was moving the marlies from St. John's to Toronto.
Pro and amatuer hockey works in small markets, just look at the OHL. Thunderbay, the Sualt, Barrie, Sarnia, Windsor, London all do well financially.

Leafs626364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:00 PM
  #12
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs626364 View Post
I clicked on this thread, because I expected it to be about the Ribeiro article, but no one has even mentioned it.

Dallas ownership could definatley make money in PEI. About the only poor business decision (off-ice decision) MLSE has made was moving the marlies from St. John's to Toronto.
Pro and amatuer hockey works in small markets, just look at the OHL. Thunderbay, the Sualt, Barrie, Sarnia, Windsor, London all do well financially.

No it doesn't. AHL was tried for years in the Maritimes and failed miserably every time.

The amateur part does well as evidenced by the Q and that is largely due to cost and size of crowds required for success.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
  #13
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Simpson View Post
If the Stars see an opportunity to improve their club, and that means trading Brad Richards, they will do so. They don't care about training camp in PEI.
Do you honestly think he isn't an overriding reason for the site choice? Why did the Islanders choose Moncton? Did it lead to any big in roads for the club?

Please bear in mind that Kaberle is likely our only chip for Richards. Kaberle's trade window ends August 15. An Island camp would not be held until September. Does this preclude a move? No, though I can't imagine it helps.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
  #14
nuck
Flatfoot
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
I imagine its just a coincidence. Richards hasn't lived there since he was a teenager. The club would still draw huge local interest just because they are pros. Pondering having a part of their training camp there isn't the same as doing anything Brad Richards related. It doesn't even mean he goes there. I think the NYI had their camp in Saskatoon last year and I don't think they have a Saskatchewan born player on their roster.

Although still no Brad Richards to TO

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
  #15
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,645
vCash: 500
This articles rendition by the user is equal to those turning copper out to be gold.

Nevertheless its good to dream hahah

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:05 PM
  #16
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
i dont think theyll trade him, ribeiro on the other hand.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
  #17
nuck
Flatfoot
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
From an earlier PEI Guardian article on the subject:

"Lee wouldn’t give a timeline for when the NHL team will give Charlottetown an answer but The Guardian has learned a decision will likely take two months and that the Dallas organization asked city representatives to fly down to the Texas city for last week’s meeting.
“I can say that we had a positive meeting with the organization and I think they have a real interest in the proposal. They have asked for a certain time to review the proposal. Hopefully, we’ll hear something back positive real soon.”
It’s uncertain how much all this would cost but one thing appears certain — Charlottetown would not be responsible for all the expenses. If it happens and goes well, word is that Dallas would be open to a multi-year deal.
The camp this fall would not involve an NHL exhibition game but would include an intra-squad game at the Civic Centre. The entire camp, beyond that game, would be held at the CARI complex and include the use of the two rinks, gymnasium, pools, soccer fields and Confederation Trail where cross-training exercises would be conducted. Dallas holds a rookie camp in Michigan. Those players would be involved as well.
Lee said if things don’t work out with Dallas, the city would pursue other NHL teams.

Richards and Ott may have been a reason why the called the Stars first but they just want to have a camp there.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:11 PM
  #18
Buddio
CFC
 
Buddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogers Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
<---

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
  #19
kb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Suuurreee.....
Simply pointing out that there is more than one PEI born player on the Stars......that is all.

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
  #20
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
I imagine its just a coincidence. Richards hasn't lived there since he was a teenager. The club would still draw huge local interest just because they are pros. Pondering having a part of their training camp there isn't the same as doing anything Brad Richards related. It doesn't even mean he goes there. I think the NYI had their camp in Saskatoon last year and I don't think they have a Saskatchewan born player on their roster.

Although still no Brad Richards to TO
I don't think there's any coincidence at all. Most players move out of their hometowns as teens. No doubt they'll draw interest, though "huge" I'm not sure (only 140,000 in the whole province)

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
  #21
NoTouchIcing
Registered User
 
NoTouchIcing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Libya
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
This whole thread is ********.
best post of the thread.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
  #22
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
This articles rendition by the user is equal to those turning copper out to be gold.

Nevertheless its good to dream hahah
Huh?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
  #23
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb View Post
Simply pointing out that there is more than one PEI born player on the Stars......that is all.
I'm aware but one happens to be potentially the best player in his province's history. The other is a plug.

I'm guessing more bluenosers would turn out for Crosby than Colin White.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:43 PM
  #24
Tonka
9.5%?
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
This whole thread is ********.


eyeball11, stop embarrassing yourself.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
  #25
kb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
I'm aware but one happens to be potentially the best player in his province's history. The other is a plug.

I'm guessing more bluenosers would turn out for Crosby than Colin White.
But none of that means that anyone isn't being traded just because the Stars are going to PEI....which I believe was your point?

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.