HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mitchell

Old
06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Mitchell

http://nyrangersblog.blogspot.com/

I think he would be a good pick up for the right price. Also they note Valatenko is coming back for sure which is also lovely

What are your thoughts on Willie coming in?

I say move Gilroy in a package for a forward and bury Redden. I am also not apposed to moving Rozsival for the right price. a Guy like Ribiero for Rozy and Gilroy

Staal, Girardi
Del Zotto, Rozsival
Mitchell, Sanguinetti

Mc D and Valentenko in the minors for call up

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
nyrangers21

Wouldn't mind him, as long as he's not expecting 3.5 million coming off a concussion.

If we send down Redden there's automatically a spot for him, but at the same time, I would love for Sangs, McDonagh and Valetanko to be able to fight for the last 1 or 2 spots.

nyrangers21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
...plus there's really no room for a defenseman on the team right now. Having said that the Rangers could use a shutdown defenseman.
"We have no room for a d-man, but we could sure use a d-man." Zip is going to give me an aneurysm one of these days.

With one d-man registering over 30 points, frankly I'm not so sure we shouldn't be looking for more offense on the blue line. Staal/Girardi/Rozsival/McDonagh. That's a whole lot more "shut down" than goal horns.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Injury risk.

Overpaid.

Not thanks.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
"We have no room for a d-man, but we could sure use a d-man." Zip is going to give me an aneurysm one of these days.

With one d-man registering over 30 points, frankly I'm not so sure we shouldn't be looking for more offense on the blue line. Staal/Girardi/Rozsival/McDonagh. That's a whole lot more "shut down" than goal horns.
At the same time theres no reason why MDZ and Sangs cant handle the offensive defenseman stuff.
And whos to say Staal wont continue his offensive upswing next year?

Id rather have 4 defensive dmen and 2 offensive dmen than vice versa, and have like a SOuray or Campbell on our club.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
At the same time theres no reason why MDZ and Sangs cant handle the offensive defenseman stuff.
And whos to say Staal wont continue his offensive upswing next year?

Id rather have 4 defensive dmen and 2 offensive dmen than vice versa, and have like a SOuray or Campbell on our club.
And right now we have 5 defensive d-men and one offensive one. So why are we adding another one? We shouldn't be targeting 4/5 UFA d-men at all, let alone one dimensional ones.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
rc258667

I see mitchell as a chance to buy low. He is an injury risk but so was gabby.

If we can get him for 1 year around a mill, i think its worth the risk. If he is able to regain form he can either helps us contend for the playoffs or if we are out of the race we can flip him at the deadline. Worst case he is dead weight for a year.

rc258667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I have a gut feeling this is the guy Sather is targeting, and he'll probably be slightly overpaid. I just hope we don't give him more than 2 years, he's not a bad player when he's healthy.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Vitto79

How do people feel about moving Rozy and Gilroy for a C like Ribiero then signing up Pavel Kubina who played under Torts in TB?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
rangers1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
And right now we have 5 defensive d-men and one offensive one. So why are we adding another one? We shouldn't be targeting 4/5 UFA d-men at all, let alone one dimensional ones.
Ok the one offensive is Del Zotto. I'll give you Staal and Girardi as "Defensive Dmen". But thats it. Are you categorizing Redden and Gilroy as "defensive"?, not to make it so cut and dry, but they were nonfactors on both ends of the ice on the good nights, and worthless disasters on the bad ones. Rozsival granted in the 2nd half stepped up, but thats it. We have 2 legit Defensive Dmen, one offensive, one crapshoot on a nightly basis and 2 open spots there for the taking to whoever shows us the most in Septemeber.

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

The Rangers have too many tweeners who aren't tough enough. Del Z is the PP QB which is fine, Staal is the first pair shutdown guy which is great, and Girardi and Rozi are fine to ok 2nd or 3rd pair guys, after that it's kinda iffy.

Still, don't go for Mitchell, no more risks, go for more of the sure thing in Michalak or Boychuk.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Mikos87

Dont post here often but the last post I made was about Mitchell. I think he makes a lot of sense, bringing in a tough veteran crease clearer with experience and leadership. He and Gaborik have the Minny connection, where they were both successful.

I agree that he is an injury risk, but if he does get injured, or doesn't play 82 games (it would serve all parties involved to rest him here and there) you can fill in his slot with one of the younger D. Its a great environment for them to walk into, and Willy being a classy guy will surely help them out. It also scratches Slats itch to get a guy trying to redeem himself and make a comeback. He is the perfect guy to have in the 5/6/7 slot, who can do a great job on the PK and even fill in with top 4 mins. I hope he doesn't price himself out or we overpay.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Dont post here often but the last post I made was about Mitchell. I think he makes a lot of sense, bringing in a tough veteran crease clearer with experience and leadership. He and Gaborik have the Minny connection, where they were both successful.

I agree that he is an injury risk, but if he does get injured, or doesn't play 82 games (it would serve all parties involved to rest him here and there) you can fill in his slot with one of the younger D. Its a great environment for them to walk into, and Willy being a classy guy will surely help them out. It also scratches Slats itch to get a guy trying to redeem himself and make a comeback. He is the perfect guy to have in the 5/6/7 slot, who can do a great job on the PK and even fill in with top 4 mins. I hope he doesn't price himself out or we overpay.
Good post.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote