HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edler, Alberts will do their conditioning with Canucks

Old
04-01-2011, 01:29 AM
TheLastSedin

vCash: 500
Edler, Alberts will do their conditioning with Canucks

Quote:
There will be no conditioning stint in Manitoba for either Alex Edler or Andrew Alberts.

The two defencemen are expected to resume skating today with the Canucks, and their first game back will be in the NHL, not the AHL where Sami Salo played three games before rejoining the team after a long-term injury.

Alberts and Edler were not included on Manitoba’s clear-day list, set on March 7. Players left off that roster are not eligible to play in AHL games for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs.

The Canucks confirmed it... (continued)

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/ISSUE+Edl...#ixzz1IFLCYXHf

-------------------------

This would be an effed up April fools joke Botch.

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:37 AM
RobertKron

They were both skating up at ubc last Saturday with a coach when I went into the rink. Both looked to be going hard, both looked real good, although that's to be taken with a pile of salt as they were in isolation.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:41 AM
thefeebster

Its no joke. Murph reported it this morning. So it seems legit. But i have a weak joke detector. I fell for Dobber Hockey's Radulov is back and took him in my fantasy pool...

Quote:
@sportsnetmurph
Dan Murphy
Edler and Alberts may skate with team tomorrow. No update on Hamhuis or Malhotra.

thefeebster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Man, Adding Edler to our already amazing team is amazing

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Its no joke. Murph reported it this morning. So it seems legit. But i have a weak joke detector. I fell for Dobber Hockey's Radulov is back and took him in my fantasy pool...
Don't see why he'd risk the ire of Canuck Nation should Edler and Alberts be nowhere near close to returning.

Wouldn't even be a funny joke.

Now wasn't there an April Fool's rumour floating around about 2 years ago that Bure was contemplating a comeback? Maybe we should bring that back... or even better, Linden!

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:57 AM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
Why not do their conditioning with the Canucks, we're basically facing AHL teams for the rest of the regular season anyway

eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:26 AM
lush
@jasonlush

The remaining games are perfect to get these guys playing, ease them in one game then go nuts, gets them into game shape quickly and there's nothing on the line to risk

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:45 AM
opendoor

Even with Malhotra's LTIR, Edler's not getting back in the lineup in the regular season unless they can clear about $1.65 million off their current roster. The only way that could happen is to send Oreskovich and Bolduc back down (meaning the other 12 forwards have to be healthy) and send Tanev down (which can't happen if he's injured) to make space.

Alberts could be activated without much hassle though.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Placebo Effect

They've been reported to rejoin the team since Tuesday straight from AV. Originally supposed to take morning skate today.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

ZOMG we're getting that elusive number 1 d man we've been looking for

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:05 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Oh snap. It's on now.

Some give Malhotra a new eye and let's get this show on the road... :.( miss manny.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Ski Powder
Watch out, I bite.

I couldn't wait for the playoffs to come so that we'd have a full healthy line-up, then malhotra got injured...i miss him. Sucks that despite this great season so far, we won't have the privilege to watch the Canucks ice a full, healthy team. That must be something...

Ski Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Jobal

It sucks to have so many injures, but at least we're getting many of them back for the POs (sorry, Manny).

At least we're not missing a Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar.

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobal View Post
It sucks to have so many injures, but at least we're getting many of them back for the POs (sorry, Manny).

At least we're not missing a Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar.
We went through it last year, its another teams turn. Granted ours was more to the beginning of the year.

Old
04-01-2011, 06:10 AM
blfr

Is anyone else drooling at the thought of a number one power play unit with Salo and Edler on the points? They will have the option of blasting it from both sides. They could then do Bieksa and Ehrhoff on the second unit. Righty, Lefty combo on both lines.

blfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:11 AM
AndyPipkin

^ And finally have a valid reason for not using Ballard

Old
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by blfr View Post
Is anyone else drooling at the thought of a number one power play unit with Salo and Edler on the points? They will have the option of blasting it from both sides. They could then do Bieksa and Ehrhoff on the second unit. Righty, Lefty combo on both lines.
How many years has it taken to finally put this together? The stars are aligning for the Canucks.

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3498
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli J View Post
Why not do their conditioning with the Canucks, we're basically facing AHL teams for the rest of the regular season anyway
Was just gonna say the same thing. The President's Trophy is clinched. Put them in for light minutes to begin with and ride Rome like a mule. The next few games Rome should see more ice than Wet sees in his Scotch.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
B-rock

Quote:
I wouldn't mess with taking Ehrhoff off of the 1st unit. He makes a lot happen back there, and moves the puck around much quicker than Salo does these days. He also gets his shot off in a real hurry. I don't think enough is mentioned about that aspect, and I think it's one of Bieksa's problems when playing the point on the PP, or off of it for that matter. He takes a long time to decide whether or not he should shoot the puck, which results in it often times getting blocked.

Why would you mess with the #1 PP in the NHL?

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
As the poster above said, you don't take Ehrhoff off the 1st unit. It's not just about blasting the puck, and Ehrhoff is quite likely our best puck mover from the back end. I'd bump Salo to the 2nd unit with Bieksa and get Edler back out there on the point next to Ehrhoff. I see our defensive pairings going back to what they were..

Ehrhoff-Edler
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Salo
Alberts

As good as Salo is, limit his minutes a bit in the playoffs so that his chances of getting injured are decreased. If someone else goes down, step him up and hope he's durable enough to last through the rest. I really love our defensive depth though and it's something that has me very excited going into the post season. Heck, behind our 6x top 4 dmen we have Tanev, Alberts, and Rome. I don't think I'd flinch if we had to use 2 of them at some parts of the post season.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
rypper

Youjust know that even with a healthy alberts and edler back AV will find a way to get Rome into the lineup lol

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Was just gonna say the same thing. The President's Trophy is clinched. Put them in for light minutes to begin with and ride Rome like a mule. The next few games Rome should see more ice than Wet sees in his Scotch.
Agreed. So are we gonna sit the twins?

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Proto

Quote:
I'm not. I'd prefer Salo not be on the 1st PP unit. I don't think he's look good there at all: can't hit the net, slow making decisions at the point, slow entering the zone. I'd prefer even to have Samuelsson back there.

I am happy to have the Top 6 finally intact, however.

Also, I'm not sure why people are surprised by this news though. The Canucks aren't allowed to send them to the AHL for conditioning, so where else would they do it?

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:34 PM
xtr3m

You don't joke about injured players.

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
I have a feeling that this is a very cruel april fools joke.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote