HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can you laugh at yourself or is the broom handle way up in there?

Old
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
shortcat1

vCash: 500
Can you laugh at yourself or is the broom handle way up in there?

As the title of this thread, I've been reading posts about the Halak trade and other 'major' and 'critical' topics about our Canadiens. Many of us seem to get so worked up that, sometimes, it's almost overwhelming.

So, as a tonic , I decided to see if any of us can show that we have 'another life' or that our hockey team's movements, activities & rumours, etc, are actually not near life & death issues.

Over the years, I've come to try to see the humour in my situation and in the issues surrounding my life. It's not to say that everything is funny (illness of our dear ones, deaths, etc.) But, generally, if we take ourselves and our situations always seriously, it will surely take its toll on us.

In that light, I'm suggesting that we offer stuff that we find humourous about our Canadiens - all issues are open.

I'll start with a comment I read by someone called NX13, a responder to the article 'Leafs To Host Canadiens In Home Opener' in the News section of the Toronto Maple Leafs official (NHL) site. It refers to the Halak trade.

I found it incredibly funny.

I'm going to quote it word for word:

How many Habs fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Five.

One to turn the bulb, and four to stand around and talk about how great the old bulb was."

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

this thread is stupid, I hate it.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
shortcat1

I guess I'm not surprised by the 'response' (or lack of it) for this topic.

It is somewhat OT (out there).

I thought maybe some would find and relate something that's funny or light-hearted stuff about being a Canadiens fan.

This isn't our life. It's a sport. It's a team that some enjoy watching but many cherish.

I've cherished being a Canadiens fan for 50 years now and expect to go on till...

Another funny story...

My dad tells me about the time that when the Canadiens scored the goal that won a cup back in the 60's, I jumped up off of the sofa (couch) and broke the lamp on the ceiling.

Looking back at it, it's rather humourous but also an example of my youthful enthousiasm for the team. That youthful enthusiasm has remains just as strong as then.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I make jokes about myself all the time... Mainly because I work and talk to mostly females (some sort of complex ) and they all call my gay...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Yeah, I love humour too. It'd be nice if people weren't so uptight, but what can you do. Some people will act high and mighty if you try to be funny here, and bring it up every single post, I kid you not.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote