HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Valentenko

Old
06-22-2010, 04:15 PM
FeedDaPuck

vCash: 500
Valentenko

Pavel Valentenko will be in North America this year (NHL or AHL). Can't provide source - but those who know me will vouch.

Where do you see him? How does he fit into your plans for next season?

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Pavel Valentenko will be in North America this year (NHL or AHL). Can't provide source - but those who know me will vouch.

Where do you see him? How does he fit into your plans for next season?
I believe we knew he was going to be in NA this upcoming season. It is all about health and possible moves made this offseason. A lot depends on the following factors:

Redden to Hartford?
Gilroy Traded?
Girardi Traded?
Rozsival Traded?
McDonagh signed and NHL ready?
Sanguinetti traded or NHL ready?
No signings of any UFA defensemen?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

# 5 or 6 defenseman. And this has been reported, so, your right.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:20 PM
17futurecap

This was reported last week by the great Squishy.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
FeedDaPuck

I guess I am not first at least somewhere. I, as a Flyers fan, am somewhat concern - Valentenko does (may) provide that bruiser w a slap shot that you have been missing in the past. His health is fine.

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:23 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
I guess I am not first at least somewhere. I, as a Flyers fan, am somewhat concern - Valentenko does (may) provide that bruiser w a slap shot that you have been missing in the past. His health is fine.
I believe he is coming to our prospect camp next week, and everyone here is looking forward to seeing him.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
As a flyers fan you should be more worried about a Rangers dman that actually stands up for his goaltender, rather than V's offensive upside which is much less eye opening.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:31 PM
rangers1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
As a flyers fan you should be more worried about a Rangers dman that actually stands up for his goaltender, rather than V's offensive upside which is much less eye opening.
I totally agree. Judging from what I've read about this guy and his style of play, I don't care if he doesn't score once. Having someone who won't allow our goaltender to get constantly run/snow showered like basically every other one of our Dmen is where this guys value is. If he shows up in the preseason and plays like advertised, hes going to be on the team.

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I heard he plays a game similar to Bryan Marchment, although not as dirty. And while Marchment went over the line many times, as a Rangers fan, I'm actually glad to have a potentially rough and tumble guy on the team, we've been through too many years of softies.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I heard he plays a game similar to Bryan Marchment, although not as dirty. And while Marchment went over the line many times, as a Rangers fan, I'm actually glad to have a potentially rough and tumble guy on the team, we've been through too many years of softies.
I was thinking more like Daniel Markov?? Valentenko i think has more offensive ability than Marchment did. speaking of Markov, will he ever return to the NHL? i always thought he can be a solid top 4 dman if he stayed healthy and in the NHL

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
NYR Viper

Darius Kasparitis Part 2 would be the most ideal.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:42 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this guy is nasty. problem is hes made outa glass.

if he can stay healthy, hes got the goods to make this team as a 3rd pair guy allowing us some wiggle room with our defense. he would be our meanest dman, not saying much since we are completely void of any mean dmen.

i saw him play a few times when he was with hamilton. bigtime slapper. hes got good size but his rep was that of a dirty player. he was not well liked within the A.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 12:28 AM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this guy is nasty. problem is hes made outa glass.

if he can stay healthy, hes got the goods to make this team as a 3rd pair guy allowing us some wiggle room with our defense. he would be our meanest dman, not saying much since we are completely void of any mean dmen.

i saw him play a few times when he was with hamilton. bigtime slapper. hes got good size but his rep was that of a dirty player. he was not well liked within the A.
lol I think that is why I like him. We need someone who plays with an edge on the blueline. I'm tired of seeing Redden and watching Gilroy get outmuscled for the puck everytime. I would love it if Valentenko is our 6th defensemen next year.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote