HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No changes?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
  #1
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
No changes?

2010-11 NHL Salary Cap Calculator
2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
* Benoit Pouliot ($1.125m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Lars Eller ($1.271m) / * Dominic Moore ($1.300m) / * Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.900m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / * Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / * Tom Pyatt ($0.900m)
* Mathieu Darche ($0.550m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m)
Josh Gorges ($1.100m) / Hal Gill ($2.250m)
P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
GOALTENDERS
* Carey Price ($3.000m) / * Martin Biron ($1.000m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.6m; PAYROLL: $59.903m; CAP ROOM: $0.122m BONUSES: $0.425m


Seems like with cap going up, should Gauthier chose to, we won't have to dump anyone but can't sign anyone either.


Is it likely we see no changes in habland this summer? If so, are you in favour of this?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
  #2
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Keeping both brothers would prove to be a disaster.
I say deal them and keep the money to get a more effective top-6 player.

Oh, and...

Price @ 3,000,000?
Moore back, even with Eller?

I don't think so.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
  #3
PlayersCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Keeping both brothers would prove to be a disaster.
I say deal them and keep the money to get a more effective top-6 player.

Oh, and...

Price @ 3,000,000?
Moore back, even with Eller?

I don't think so.
This is a strong idea in theory, but there is one problem: no one wants the Kostitsyns.

PlayersCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
  #4
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
S.K will never play again for this team that's 100% sure.

Price won't get 3 millions.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
  #5
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Keeping both brothers would prove to be a disaster.
I say deal them and keep the money to get a more effective top-6 player.

Oh, and...

Price @ 3,000,000?
Moore back, even with Eller?

I don't think so.
Neither do I, but for sake of arguement, I put moore there. Replace moore with someone else(a winger for instance at same cap hit) if it makes you happy. I merely did it to avoid the 'we will try to sign moore' arguement or wtv. He's in there, adding another player at say 1 mil isntead of him doesnt give us much cap to work with.

Price at 3 mil only because if i put 2.7 or so, people will complain it should be more. So I took a safer approach. At best, I could maybe save .500-1 mil in the cap extra, but that isn't much to work with.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:27 PM
  #6
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
S.K will never play again for this team that's 100% sure.

Price won't get 3 millions.
I played it safe with the cap hits, going higher than necessary. If anything, saying he'll get less shows we may actually keep everybody on the roster and have an easier time doing it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
  #7
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Same small team without the goalie who won games for us in playoffs. I'm happy with the Halak's trade but my expectations are not high for the team next season. We need a big player as 2nd center and it will not be the case.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
  #8
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
2010-11 NHL Salary Cap Calculator
2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
* Benoit Pouliot ($1.125m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Lars Eller ($1.271m) / * Dominic Moore ($1.300m) / * Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.900m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / * Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / * Tom Pyatt ($0.900m)
* Mathieu Darche ($0.550m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m)
Josh Gorges ($1.100m) / Hal Gill ($2.250m)
P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
GOALTENDERS
* Carey Price ($3.000m) / * Martin Biron ($1.000m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.6m; PAYROLL: $59.903m; CAP ROOM: $0.122m BONUSES: $0.425m


Seems like with cap going up, should Gauthier chose to, we won't have to dump anyone but can't sign anyone either.


Is it likely we see no changes in habland this summer? If so, are you in favour of this?
moore and sergei wont be back, and if sergei is back, it will be with his qualifying offer and not at 900k, i expect pyatt to sign his FIRST one-way contract, probably near the league minimum, price wont get 3m, prob 2,5 max, i also doubt lapierre gets 1m, a qualifying offer should do the trick

so ther's about 1.5-2m too much on your estimations, pretty close though, nice effort

im hoping we can send andrei kostitsyn to a team like florida or nashville who recently traded away some offense and could use a young, 20-25 goal scorer

then we add a guy like ladd or buffy...

lets hope so

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:32 PM
  #9
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go
 
We Want The 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
need to get rid of the kostitsyns and hamrlik
big buff to replace andrei spot and volchankov to replace hamrlik would be the ideal situation

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
  #10
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
moore and sergei wont be back, and if sergei is back, it will be with his qualifying offer and not at 900k, i expect pyatt to sign his FIRST one-way contract, probably near the league minimum, price wont get 3m, prob 2,5 max, i also doubt lapierre gets 1m, a qualifying offer should do the trick

so ther's about 1.5-2m too much on your estimations, pretty close though, nice effort

im hoping we can send andrei kostitsyn to a team like florida or nashville who recently traded away some offense and could use a young, 20-25 goal scorer

then we add a guy like ladd or buffy...

lets hope so
Actually:

SK made 816k this year
Pyatt made 850k this year
Lapierre made 687.5k this year

QO require 10% increase no? Not to mention Lapierre at close to 1 mil isn't a stretch, you have to give some confidence to the guy eventually.

Moore may not be back, but this spot will need to be replaced, so that 1.3 mil i used can be used elsewhere, i'll give you that. However, should we not acquire anyone, it could just as well be trotter or white at .850 cap hit taking a spot on the wing.

As for price at 2.5 mil, yes, maybe. however, I put biron at 1.0, who's to say the habs don't get a guy like ellis or turco and pay more than 1 mil? You can't assume biron will take 1 mil either.

Also consider, with markov out, there's an 8th d-man needed. I did not take that into account. He will drain cap space as well.


Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 06-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
  #11
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
deal the bros and sign colby armstrong 3mil 3 yrs

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
  #12
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Actually:

SK made 816k this year
Pyatt made 850k this year
Lapierre made 687.5k this year

QO require 10% increase no? Not to mention Lapierre at close to 1 mil isn't a stretch, you have to give some confidence to the guy eventually.

Moore may not be back, but this spot will need to be replaced, so that 1.3 mil i used can be used elsewhere, i'll give you that. However, should we not acquire anyone, it could just as well be trotter or white at .850 cap hit taking a spot on the wing.

As for price at 2.5 mil, yes, maybe. however, I put biron at 2.5, who's to say the habs don't get a guy like ellis or turco and pay more than 1 mil? You can't assume biron will take 1 mil either.

Also consider, with markov out, there's an 8th d-man needed. I did not take that into account. He will drain cap space as well.
youre right, to make a significant addition, hamrlik or andrei kostitsyn will have to go, which i dont think should be too hard in andrei's case like ive mentioned above, teams like nashville, florida, or even the islanders could use him and have the cap space to do it, i just dont think we will get a decent return thats all

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:03 PM
  #13
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Actually:

SK made 816k this year
Pyatt made 850k this year
Lapierre made 687.5k this year

QO require 10% increase no? Not to mention Lapierre at close to 1 mil isn't a stretch, you have to give some confidence to the guy eventually.

Moore may not be back, but this spot will need to be replaced, so that 1.3 mil i used can be used elsewhere, i'll give you that. However, should we not acquire anyone, it could just as well be trotter or white at .850 cap hit taking a spot on the wing.

As for price at 2.5 mil, yes, maybe. however, I put biron at 1.0, who's to say the habs don't get a guy like ellis or turco and pay more than 1 mil? You can't assume biron will take 1 mil either.

Also consider, with markov out, there's an 8th d-man needed. I did not take that into account. He will drain cap space as well.
Is Hamrlik, Spacek, Subban, Gorges, Gill, O'Byrne and potentially Weber not enough?

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
  #14
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Is Hamrlik, Spacek, Subban, Gorges, Gill, O'Byrne and potentially Weber not enough?
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Subban-O'byrne
Weber


Yah, it makes 7...but see weber...he's not free. I don't know if you're aware, but his cap hit will count too. AKA, he's the 8th d-man. I never specified whether or not he'd come through the farm of be a FA. Doesn't make a dif, he has a cap hit.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
  #15
chpartisan
Registered User
 
chpartisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Actually:

SK made 816k this year
Pyatt made 850k this year
Lapierre made 687.5k this year

QO require 10% increase no? Not to mention Lapierre at close to 1 mil isn't a stretch, you have to give some confidence to the guy eventually.

Moore may not be back, but this spot will need to be replaced, so that 1.3 mil i used can be used elsewhere, i'll give you that. However, should we not acquire anyone, it could just as well be trotter or white at .850 cap hit taking a spot on the wing.

As for price at 2.5 mil, yes, maybe. however, I put biron at 1.0, who's to say the habs don't get a guy like ellis or turco and pay more than 1 mil? You can't assume biron will take 1 mil either.

Also consider, with markov out, there's an 8th d-man needed. I did not take that into account. He will drain cap space as well.

Pyatt had a two-way contract with $685,000 as NHL salary. I think RFAs get a 5% increase for contracts over 660k, not sure.

Also think we might need a D for the PP with Markov injured. Someone not too expensive.

chpartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
  #16
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersCoach View Post
This is a strong idea in theory, but there is one problem: no one wants the Kostitsyns.
no team's fans want the kostitsyn. andrei would have takers, that's for sure.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
  #17
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
no team's fans want the kostitsyn. andrei would have takers, that's for sure.
You can deff find a taker for Andrei. I think he needs to be on a team without his brother.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
  #18
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Subban-O'byrne
Weber


Yah, it makes 7...but see weber...he's not free. I don't know if you're aware, but his cap hit will count too. AKA, he's the 8th d-man. I never specified whether or not he'd come through the farm of be a FA. Doesn't make a dif, he has a cap hit.
He'll have a cap hit, but it will be irrelevant since he will only be up while markov is on IR. While markov is on IR, we'll have a 5.75 million dollar cushion.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
  #19
BigTime
Registered User
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
2010-11 NHL Salary Cap Calculator
2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
* Benoit Pouliot ($1.125m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Lars Eller ($1.271m) / * Dominic Moore ($1.300m) / * Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.900m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / * Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / * Tom Pyatt ($0.900m)
* Mathieu Darche ($0.550m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m)
Josh Gorges ($1.100m) / Hal Gill ($2.250m)
P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
GOALTENDERS
* Carey Price ($3.000m) / * Martin Biron ($1.000m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.6m; PAYROLL: $59.903m; CAP ROOM: $0.122m BONUSES: $0.425m


Seems like with cap going up, should Gauthier chose to, we won't have to dump anyone but can't sign anyone either.


Is it likely we see no changes in habland this summer? If so, are you in favour of this?

with Eller's arrival moore wont be resigned, and SK will never play in a habs jersey again, i think white and Patches will play with the big club next year too
I woulndt mind them signing TaylorPyatt to play with his brother cuz i mean we NEED to have brothers playing together on this team

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Camm - Pleks - AK
Patches - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Pyatt - Pyatt
White

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
  #20
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Same small team without the goalie who won games for us in playoffs. I'm happy with the Halak's trade but my expectations are not high for the team next season. We need a big player as 2nd center and it will not be the case.
Aurel Joliat - 5'7" 136 lbs. Big is over-rated if the big players don't have skill or desire to go with it.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
  #21
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Wow, what has Price done to warrant 3 million?

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
  #22
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Aurel Joliat - 5'7" 136 lbs. Big is over-rated if the big players don't have skill or desire to go with it.
It take differents type of players in a team. We have too many small players and need big bodies to complete our team. Last summer I had no trouble with Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez. I was more than happy with those signing and trades. But we have to add bigger players to play with them.

Just for your information, Aurel said after his career that he was 5'5 He was small, but OMG he was a solid fighter !

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
  #23
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
For Pierre "BG" Gauthier to be able to tweak anymore of his roster, the only way of doing so - by no means of lateral moves a la Frolov instead of AK - is by buying out Hamrlik.

I highly doubt we can trade Hammer. Spacek is even more doubtful because he was signed 35+.

Hammer's buyout enables us to solidify our 3rd line by keeping Moore who has proven his value. Also, we can fetch a younger more physical Dman on the UFA market and still be under the cap. Lastly, we can add a dependable experienced backup for Price.

Either of White or Pyatt can pivot the 4th line.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

[FORWARDS]
Lars Eller ($1.271m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
* Benoit Pouliot ($1.000m) / * Dominic Moore ($1.400m) / * Maxim Lapierre ($0.850m)
* Tom Pyatt ($0.650m) / Ryan White ($0.850m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.500m)

[DEFENSEMEN]
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
* Shoane Morrisonn ($3.000m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Ryan O\'Byrne ($0.942m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / * BO - Hamrlik ($1.833m)

[GOALTENDERS]
* Carey Price ($2.500m) / * Martin Biron ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 23; CAP:$59.0m; PAYROLL: $58.961m; CAP ROOM: $0.679m BONUSES: $0.640m

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
  #24
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He'll have a cap hit, but it will be irrelevant since he will only be up while markov is on IR. While markov is on IR, we'll have a 5.75 million dollar cushion.
lol, yes, we will have a 5.75 million dollar cushion but weber or whoever will still make a hit on the cap. As far as I know, when markov is out, we are allowed 5.75 mil extra however the salaries we use to replace him and his own cap hit both count when he returns. In simple terms, I'm pretty sure that it's not a matter of "5.75 off the books for a few months" more of a "we're allowed to overspend by 5.75, the cap hits we acquire and markov's own still effect us in the end". BIG difference. So yah mtl signs some forward and is exactly at the cap without counting the 8th d-man. Once you add the 8th d-man we have a cushion, but we start going over...so when markov comes back...he can't play unless we trade someone.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
  #25
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,587
vCash: 500
Eller better play 3rd line center I swear to god I'll protest!!!!!

We got a legitimate center prospect why put him on the wing???

Let him show us what he's got down the middle .... if he was destined to be a winger we would of never have made the trade ...we made the trade because he can be a top 2 line CENTER (eventually) and the only way to get there is with PRACTICE

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.