HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horton's Comments After Trade

Old
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Horton's Comments After Trade

From Gorten:

ďIím not going to say anything bad about the [Panthers] organization, but there have been five coaches in the time Iíve been there,Ē said Horton, who was the Panthersí first pick (No. 3 overall) in 2003. ďNow Iím going to a stable, historic organization. Iím very excited. Iím going to give it all Iíve got. I think itís going to be good.Ē

Horton said not getting a chance to play in the playoffs has been hard to deal with.
ďAs a player, thatís the best part of playing hockey,Ē he said. ďWhen you donít make them for seven years, I just think itís too long. It canít happen. With this [Bruins] organization, it just doesnít happen. Itís exciting for me just to come and be a part of it.Ē

Of asking new GM Dale Tallon for a trade, Horton noted, ďI just think it was time for a change.Ē

ďItís been a great time in Florida, but obviously it hasnít worked out well for anyone that has been there the past, I donít know how many, years. I think itís going to be a good change and me and Gregory are looking forward to it.Ē

Horton added, ďI have nothing but the best to say about the Panthers. Thatís where I started my career and I developed as a hockey player. Thatís where my family is. Thatís where I got married. I just want to say thank you to the organization and especially the fans. The fans were great when I was there.Ē

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...moving-on.html

Translation: I have nothing bad to say except I'm going to a real hockey organization that doesn't stink!!! LOL Thanks Nate, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Biggzy*

Wow what a dick lol.

"Now I'm going to an organization where I will actually try."

Thanks!

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
panthersfan751

After reading those comments, I'm even more happy with this trade.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

"I was lazy as hell and floated, didn't help the team as much as I could, and I'm upset we didn't make the playoffs."

buh-bye!

06-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Peace Nate.

So, uhm, who still wants to keep this guy?

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FinlandPanther

well all my horton stuff is going in the garbage.... im going to give it my all you son of a *****

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
From Gorten:

ďIím not going to say anything bad about the [Panthers] organization, but there have been five coaches in the time Iíve been there,Ē said Horton, who was the Panthersí first pick (No. 3 overall) in 2003. ďNow Iím going to a stable, historic organization. Iím very excited. Iím going to give it all Iíve got. I think itís going to be good.Ē

Horton said not getting a chance to play in the playoffs has been hard to deal with.
ďAs a player, thatís the best part of playing hockey,Ē he said. ďWhen you donít make them for seven years, I just think itís too long. It canít happen. With this [Bruins] organization, it just doesnít happen. Itís exciting for me just to come and be a part of it.Ē

Of asking new GM Dale Tallon for a trade, Horton noted, ďI just think it was time for a change.Ē

ďItís been a great time in Florida, but obviously it hasnít worked out well for anyone that has been there the past, I donít know how many, years. I think itís going to be a good change and me and Gregory are looking forward to it.Ē

Horton added, ďI have nothing but the best to say about the Panthers. Thatís where I started my career and I developed as a hockey player. Thatís where my family is. Thatís where I got married. I just want to say thank you to the organization and especially the fans. The fans were great when I was there.Ē

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...moving-on.html

Translation: I have nothing bad to say except I'm going to a real hockey organization that doesn't stink!!! LOL Thanks Nate, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Nothing wrong with his comments. Obviously he's excited to get a chance in a new environment in Boston. Our organization is a joke and I'd be happy to leave as well if I've wanted a shot at the playoffs. They did nothing to surround Nate with talent the past several years so now he's going somewhere where he'll actually have good players around him.

He could have been much harsher with criticism of how it's unstable and there's no accountability but I'd say these comments are meh.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
"I was lazy as hell and floated, didn't help the team as much as I could, and I'm upset we didn't make the playoffs."

buh-bye!
i think everyone has officially joined your i hate nate club

Old
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:

buh-bye!
exactly

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
panthertod

Maybe if you would have "givin all you've got" last year we would have beat montreal in the tie breaker.

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Nothing wrong with his comments. Obviously he's excited to get a chance in a new environment in Boston. Our organization is a joke and I'd be happy to leave as well if I've wanted a shot at the playoffs. They did nothing to surround Nate with talent the past several years so now he's going somewhere where he'll actually have good players around him.

He could have been much harsher with criticism of how it's unstable and there's no accountability but I'd say these comments are meh.
This is why I respect Vokoun. If there's one player who deserved to trash talk the organization, it's Vokoun...Luongo, even.

Horton? Where's his accountability? Trash the organization all you want for not giving you support, but he was part of the disaster. No accountability for not stepping up to his potential, and being the player everyone thought he'd be?

He doesn't want to stay, that's fine. There are certain players just as good/better than him on this current team wanting to be part of the solution.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:

now i'm hearing this from everyone, that if Nate starts producing it's all because of the "talent" surrounding him, but in my opinion if he starts doing well a big factor is he is actually putting "effort" something he was lacking here....and i understand, going to Boston to a historic franchise will surely be more of an incentive for any player to try his best and get excited about coming from a perennial loser like us...but i don't buy the whole "Ohh now Nate will reach his potential because he will have good guys around him", even though it could be a factor, but his work ethic has a lot to do with it

Old
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
RABBIT
Captain Cook

As a Coyote fan, I feel your pain. This has happened to us twice Peter Mueller was one of our prized prospects ever, but he gave up on the team in the beginning of his 3rd year.

Goes to the Avs and tears **** up. He had so much spark playing for the Avs, that we hadn't seen since his rookie season. It made us sick, and we all have a mutual agreement of hatred towards him.

Then a couple years back Blake Wheeler doesn't even give us a chance, and goes and signs with Boston because he wanted to go to a city "who cared about hockey"

I know it sucks right now, but I hope all works out for you guys. Tallon is smart man, he may have something up his sleeve seeing that you guys have a big hole to fill down the middle.
Marleau maybe?

RABBIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
As a Coyote fan, I feel your pain. This has happened to us twice Peter Mueller was one of our prized prospects ever, but he gave up on the team in the beginning of his 3rd year.

Goes to the Avs and tears **** up. He had so much spark playing for the Avs, that we hadn't seen since his rookie season. It made us sick, and we all have a mutual agreement of hatred towards him.

Then a couple years back Blake Wheeler doesn't even give us a chance, and goes and signs with Boston because he wanted to go to a city "who cared about hockey"

I know it sucks right now, but I hope all works out for you guys. Tallon is smart man, he may have something up his sleeve seeing that you guys have a big hole to fill down the middle.
Marleau maybe?
I'm crossing my fingers for Marleau.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
This is why I respect Vokoun. If there's one player who deserved to trash talk the organization, it's Vokoun...Luongo, even.

Horton? Where's his accountability? Trash the organization all you want for not giving you support, but he was part of the disaster. No accountability for not stepping up to his potential, and being the player everyone thought he'd be?

He doesn't want to stay, that's fine. There are certain players just as good/better than him on this current team wanting to be part of the solution.
Well said.

Every player that doesnt want to be a Panther, that gets traded, the better this team becomes.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
i think everyone has officially joined your i hate nate club
I just felt he had this mindset for a long time. Half effort, literally expected that to get the team ahead, and is disappointed it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
exactly
Just glad he's gone. I'm sure he'll do well in Boston, especially with Savard or Krecji, but I still trust Tallon's plan. I like Wideman, love the 15th, and we jettisoned any speculation that Soupy's dad has the ref screwing this team. ()

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

Then don't say I have nothing bad to say about the Panthers, but then point out every reason it was so miserable here. They drafted him, made him a millionaire, and never got his best effort until this past year. Horton never elevated the play of those around him so now he goes to a place where he can loaf & let the more talented players around him do all the work to set up his wristers. ADIOS!

Old
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:

I agree with this.

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:37 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
I just felt he had this mindset for a long time. Half effort, literally expected that to get the team ahead, and is disappointed it didn't.

Just glad he's gone. I'm sure he'll do well in Boston, especially with Savard or Krecji, but I still trust Tallon's plan. I like Wideman, love the 15th, and we jettisoned any speculation that Soupy's dad has the ref screwing this team. ()
i agree i hated him as well and still never liked his attitude but ever since this season i thought he could change.....whatever its for the best.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
harv3317

i don't blame horton and evrything he says is absolutely true. this team has been a joke ever since 1998. we know it, the league knows it and obviously the players know it best of all!!! i can only hope that we can finally become a proud franchise. this will take at leats 3-4 years and this trade did nothing to help us. horton will score 40+ goals next year and be an allstar and in the playoffs. us, probably another lottery pick.
gee, it's great to be a panther fan!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Wow, "im going to give it all I've got". What the **** kind of thing is that to say? Is this guy for real. I liked the return to begin with, but after these comments, I couldnt be happier he's gone. It was obvious he wanted out and Im glad Tallon is picking out all the weeds.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
i don't blame horton and evrything he says is absolutely true. this team has been a joke ever since 1998. we know it, the league knows it and obviously the players know it best of all!!! i can only hope that we can finally become a proud franchise. this will take at leats 3-4 years and this trade did nothing to help us. horton will score 40+ goals next year and be an allstar and in the playoffs. us, probably another lottery pick.
you can't look at it that way, the guy obviously wanted to go, it was just time to part ways, yes he might score 40+ which he wouldn't have done here if he stayed, we all know because we have seen what Nate is capable of, but he just never fulfilled those expectations, his work ethic was always questionable ...in the end, the way i see it is these are actually exciting times for us Panthers fans, we just gained another 1st round pick, and we can pretty much bring this franchise back to life in this 1 draft , and if that meant letting go of Horton, it's no loss in my eyes

Old
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Wow, "im going to give it all I've got". What the **** kind of thing is that to say? Is this guy for real. I liked the return to begin with, but after these comments, I couldnt be happier he's gone. It was obvious he wanted out and Im glad Tallon is picking out all the weeds.
Exactly! So your honor, the witness admits he didn't give his full effort - I rest my case!

Old
06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Exactly! So your honor, the witness admits he didn't give his full effort - I rest my case!
well it's not like had to say it anyways lols, you know "actions speak louder than words"

Old
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
I understand your side of it but , if he doesnt want to be on this team , why force him. He doesnt want to play hard for us , so why be subjected to his laziness for another year. Players dont play well and dont try when forced into something they dont want to do, do you want another jokinen stunt of playing bad on purpose cause he didnt like the situation

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote