HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Preds' "Huge" Move

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Lombardi it is.

Old
07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It wasn't Chicago skill that turned the puck over in the final minute of game 5 nor was it skill that caused our defensive lapse.
No but skill made us pay for those 2 mistakes.

Old
07-02-2010, 04:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You could have scored those goals after the lapses.

Old
07-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
all Erat had to do was put the puck under his skate & take the beating

Old
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You could have scored those goals after the lapses.
It's because I have made skillzzzz..

Old
07-02-2010, 04:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
It's because I have made skillzzzz..
Your offensive prowess is known world wide. Nomadic tribesman in the middle east speak of your skills.

Old
07-02-2010, 05:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I meant madddd skilllzzzz....

Old
07-05-2010, 12:10 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I miss Kariya.

Old
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
I miss Kariya.

Good Ol' Eklund says there is a chance you may not be missing him at all this season.... Kariya back to Nashville for his final season is the new rumour

Old
07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
I miss Kariya.

Old
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm with Michael Scott

Old
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Good Ol' Eklund says there is a chance you may not be missing him at all this season.... Kariya back to Nashville for his final season is the new rumour
Was that e(pi)?

Old
07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'll take Kariya back... at $600k for one season

Old
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'll be honest, no more forwards please. I think Nashville is just fine with scoring. One more veteran D-man on the cheap and a vet backup goal and done.

Old
07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'll take Kariya back... at $600k for one season
I was thinking offer him $1.5mil and move O'Reilly and/or Toots and/or Belak.

I don't see this as realistic but Poile has surprised the hell out of me so far this off season.

Old
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'll be honest, no more forwards please. I think Nashville is just fine with scoring. One more veteran D-man on the cheap and a vet backup goal and done.
Agreed. What is Eklund think we're doing? I guess the adage goes, "if you're on offense 100% of the time you don't need to play defense." However, I just can't see us rolling four scoring lines...

Old
07-05-2010, 02:31 PM
roseyc

Quote:
I was thinking offer him $1.5mil and move O'Reilly and/or Toots and/or Belak.

I don't see this as realistic but Poile has surprised the hell out of me so far this off season.
How about moving O'Reilly and Dumont and Franson(if he would) adding Zherbdev about 2.5 and another D

Old
07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Agreed. What is Eklund think we're doing? I guess the adage goes, "if you're on offense 100% of the time you don't need to play defense." However, I just can't see us rolling four scoring lines...

I've been chatting with the Montreal boys and SK is a very effective PKer. "Damn good" was the exact quote. I have been conjecturing a Selke line in my mind. Offensive enough to do the job but with Defensive players.

Hornqvist-Lombardi-Sully
Erat-Wilson-Dumont
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Ward
Smithson-Goc-Andersson
Belak-Tootoo

I honestly like the looks of the line. Sure it's Trotz but I figure we will see 10 predominate lines through out the season:

1. 2A
2. 2B
3. Selke line
4. Energy line

5. PP1
6. PP2
7. Hero/Max O line (TCPR line)
8. Speed line (Lombardi, Legwand, Erat or if Sully is feeling his oats, Sully)
9. PK1
10. PK2

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 07-05-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old
07-05-2010, 02:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
How about moving O'Reilly and Dumont and Franson(if he would) adding Zherbdev about 2.5 and another D
no

Dumont >>>> Zheredev

Actually, I'd prefer JP over PK. Not as flashy but in his off season he's 5th on this team in points after leading the team in points in 2 of the previous 3 ... he was 2nd that other year.

Accept the fact that the only reason Arnott is gone is because he asked to be moved after finding out he wouldn't be offered a multi-year extension. JP, Erat and Legwand are all here next season.

Old
07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
roseyc

Quote:
no

Dumont >>>> Zheredev

Actually, I'd prefer JP over PK. Not as flashy but in his off season he's 5th on this team in points after leading the team in points in 2 of the previous 3 ... he was 2nd that other year.

Accept the fact that the only reason Arnott is gone is because he asked to be moved after finding out he wouldn't be offered a multi-year extension. JP, Erat and Legwand are all here next season.
Erat and Legwand are here because nobody in their right mind would take on those contracts( both are 4 more years) at that production.

Who knows what Poile and Dumont would decide if that conversation would come up and Dumont knowing that his ice time would be dramatically reduced. Plus Trotz doesn't like him. So anyway you figure about Dumont with two years left on his contract and I like him and he's underated but he is a defensive liablity.

The reasons for Arnott trade was after the fact. Poile said in the end of the season press conference that he was expecting the same team back. He didn't mention anything about seeking different players. In fact someone even mentioned if Sully and Arnott would retire and he(Poile) said he hadn't heard anything about it and that it was news to him and he addressed the team.

Fenton was also on the radio and said that he didn't see anymore moves and that he feels that the team would move on after the Arnott trade. Poile made two more moves....Kostitsyn and Lombardi

So they aren't going to give anything away and what they do tell you is propaganda
We really never know the true story unless a source (a player,coach,etc) spill the beans.

Like you said Poile has surprised the hell out of me so far this off season".

So at this point you never know

Old
07-05-2010, 03:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Erat and Legwand are here because nobody in their right mind would take on those contracts( both are 4 more years) at that production.

Who knows what Poile and Dumont would decide if that conversation would come up and Dumont knowing that his ice time would be dramatically reduced. Plus Trotz doesn't like him. So anyway you figure about Dumont with two years left on his contract and I like him and he's underated but he is a defensive liablity.

The reasons for Arnott trade was after the fact. Poile said in the end of the season press conference that he was expecting the same team back. He didn't mention anything about seeking different players. In fact someone even mentioned if Sully and Arnott would retire and he(Poile) said he hadn't heard anything about it and that it was news to him and he addressed the team.

Fenton was also on the radio and said that he didn't see anymore moves and that he feels that the team would move on after the Arnott trade. Poile made two more moves....Kostitsyn and Lombardi

So they aren't going to give anything away and what they do tell you is propaganda
We really never know the true story unless a source (a player,coach,etc) spill the beans.

Like you said Poile has surprised the hell out of me so far this off season".

So at this point you never know
Both Erat and Legwand were signed to deals that were appropriate based on their performance to the date of signing. The trendline bisected Legwand's numbers when avg PPG and salary were plotted a couple of years ago. The issue is that they haven't performed as well since 06-07 .... much of which is the result of the Liepold sale and player moves that came about due to that ownership situation.

Funny how you can claim who Trotz does or does not like. If Dumont (career -4) is a defensive liability .. just what is Zheredev (career -46) besides a liability all around.

Old
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
You know, seems to me one of the things all these F signings does is put some of the under-producers on notice to pick it up - in particular Erat and Toots, to a lesser degree Leggy and Dumont. Mostly, I think all this "chatting" with Dumont is just wind - he's been top of the heap in scoring for us for 3 years and then has an off year and falls to 5th. Ice time issue is about hustle and physicality - not expecting him to be a faster skater or become Toots when hitting folks - but I think he can dig in the corners better and work at his D.

Old
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Both Erat and Legwand were signed to deals that were appropriate based on their performance to the date of signing. The trendline bisected Legwand's numbers when avg PPG and salary were plotted a couple of years ago. The issue is that they haven't performed as well since 06-07 .... much of which is the result of the Liepold sale and player moves that came about due to that ownership situation.

Funny how you can claim who Trotz does or does not like. If Dumont (career -4) is a defensive liability .. just what is Zheredev (career -46) besides a liability all around.
I admit Zherbdev is flyer that could be worth taking. He is wanting to come back. He wants 3 mI don't think he gets it from the big spenders. He'll take somewhere around 2 ml. He has 40 goal scoring ability. His attitude in the past has been in question just like Kostitsyn is. Zherbdev ceiling is much higher if he figures it out. The added bonus is that Rad could join him next year. The countrymen like to play together. Don't you think that the Devils signing Volchenkov has made him think about NJ.

Trotz likes Smithson don't you agree. He played him on a line with scorers and he can't score
Trotz publicly chastised Dumont. Trotz puts Dumont on the 4th line. Trotz has said that Dumont should play better defensively I think it's walking and talking like a duck don't you.
If you could eliminate Dumont and O'Reilly salary then you also add a Willie Mitchell

All in all I'm satisfied with Dumont and the season will tell whether or not he still be worth his salary

Old
07-05-2010, 09:24 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think this is either eklund just putting up something because it sounds like it might be believable, or else kariyas people fed that to ek in hopes of giving the appearance of interest by other teams.

Im sure kariya is hoping to squeeze onto a cup contender... its not like he needs any money..

Old
07-06-2010, 02:46 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

He can win his cup here in Nashville. I have a good feeling.

Closed Thread