HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An Islander fan that comes in peace

Old
06-22-2010, 10:21 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
An Islander fan that comes in peace

Congrats on winning the cup....

Lots of rumors going around that the Hawks want to part with both Byf and Versteeg, I wanted the opinion of Hawks fans on a thread I put up on the Islanders page...

"Vesteeg and Byfuglien
So if you ask me, these two guys are exactly what the Isles need in adding two forwards... One is a highly skilled, speedy winger that is a leader and could play on our top two lines...
The other is a huge winger with enough skill to score 17 regular season goals and was highly effective in playoffs. He could play on our 2nd and/or 3rd line and add that physical presence we are lacking...
They are 24 and 25 years old respectively, entering the primes of their careers, and could lead veteran presence for at least the next 5-7 years while the kids grow up.

It might sound like a pipe dream to add both of them, but ESPN insider says they are both on the block... If we are after Versteeg, why not see if the Hawks will part with both as part of a package??
Just seems like both these guys fit perfectly, and if the Hawks need to get rid of them both to clear cap room, I'm sure they'd rather send them out of their own conference.

How about a 2nd and 3rd this year, along with our 2nd next year, and a mid level prospect such as Ness??

Fire away! LOL"

Two questions for Chicago fans, do you think the Hawks will trade both this offseason, and what do you think of what I am offering up? good enough value or way off?

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Steve Passless*

If the cap is indeed above 59 million then the cap paranoia will largely subside, and Byfuglien will stop being a must-trade player. Too important. You can have Versteeg and Sopel for a third for all I care.

Steve Passless* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
esbrechtel

I think the Hawks would prefer to move Versteeg since he and Kane essentially play the same roll. A man Buff's size is not easy to find and I doubt the Hawks trade Versteeg and Buff in a package unless that team is willing to take on a bad contract or 2 (ie Huet, Sopel, Campbell, ect.)

IF both are traded they will be to two different teams and they will be packaged with a bad contract...

esbrechtel is offline   Reply With Quote