HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle for Savard?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2010, 12:30 PM
  #101
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
I hope this is all speculation. Savard has improved leaps and bounds in his overall game since coming to Boston. Kabs would be gone after 1 year while Savvy is locked up to a great contract for several years.
It is.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 12:52 PM
  #102
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
How about Kaberle for Ryder and Tommy Cross.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
  #103
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,355
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
How about Kaberle for Ryder and Tommy Cross.
How about no...

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
  #104
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He won't be playing then. He'll be retired and off the books...
You can't just assume that will happen.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:37 PM
  #105
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He came back and played in the playoffs, despite his concussion. He's fine, and if he were on your team, all we'd hear about is his cap friendly deal and why that increases his value. He's worth a lot more than Kaberle alone. Before last season's injuries, Savard was 6th in the entire league in points since the lockout.
And Kaberle is fourth amongst defensemen since the lockout in scoring.

And Savard did have a major injury and it's still not certain he is fully recovered. Also, his PPG. were his lowest in years this past season.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
  #106
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
If I were to bet on it, I would peg Bergeron as the player coming back in a deal for Kaberle.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
  #107
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
And Kaberle is fourth amongst defensemen since the lockout in scoring.

And Savard did have a major injury and it's still not certain he is fully recovered. Also, his PPG. were his lowest in years this past season.
No, he's 6th amongst d-men, not 4th. Plus Kaberle's points have been trending down, with him not breaking 50 in either of his last two seasons. Over the last 3 seasons, Kaberle is 13th in points for d-men. As a matter of fact, Dennis Wideman and Kaberle have the same amount of points over the last two years. Kaberle is no longer what you think he is, and his reasonable contract expires after this season, so that's off the table too...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
  #108
Tombernack
Registered User
 
Tombernack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
No, he's 6th amongst d-men, not 4th. Plus Kaberle's points have been trending down, with him not breaking 50 in either of his last two seasons. Over the last 3 seasons, Kaberle is 13th in points for d-men. As a matter of fact, Dennis Wideman and Kaberle have the same amount of points over the last two years. Kaberle is no longer what you think he is, and his reasonable contract expires after this season, so that's off the table too...
Kaberle has been dishing passes to John Mitchell or Rickard Wallin, if he's real lucky Kessel or Bozak have been on the ice. What about the 5 guys ahead of him? Who finishes their passes?

I have zero doubt that when whoever ends up finally trading for Kaberle will absolutely win the deal. Kaberle is an exceptional passer and I look forward to watching him rack up points elsewhere. He gets such a rough ride because of the team he plays for.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
  #109
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
Kaberle has been dishing passes to John Mitchell or Rickard Wallin, if he's real lucky Kessel or Bozak have been on the ice. What about the 5 guys ahead of him? Who finishes their passes?
And Savard has been dishing passes to PJ Axelson, Daniel Paille, Marco Sturm, and a washed up Glenn Murray. He had one year with Kessel being what he is now, and the rest of the time he's been with garbage yet still produced, so your point is what exactly??

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
  #110
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
If I were to bet on it, I would peg Bergeron as the player coming back in a deal for Kaberle.
I'd gladly take that bet.

If I had to guess, it would be a first rounder from next year (hopefully Boston's own) and a prospect and/or Wheeler.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:15 PM
  #111
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,075
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing Kaberle for Savard as a straight up deal.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
  #112
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafsFan2010 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Kaberle for Savard as a straight up deal.
I know you wouldn't. It's an overpayment by Boston.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
  #113
Big Money Wides
Registered User
 
Big Money Wides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Big Money Wides
I don't see why the Bruins would do this deal...they'd get a good player in Kaberle, but they'd likely end up making the Leafs a lot better by giving them a premium passer to go with their young wingers.

The Bruins have a vested interest in the Leafs being as bad as they possibly can be again next year, so I don't see why Peter Chiarelli and Co. would consider dealing one of their best players and one of the best playmakers in the league to that team. It would only lead to them improving and the B's draft pick from the Kessel trade getting worse.

I really hope this is little more than baseless speculation.

Big Money Wides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
  #114
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
I know you wouldn't. It's an overpayment by Boston.
Exactly. That's all I've been saying. Not that Kaberle is bad, just that a Kabs for Savy straight up deal is one sided.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
  #115
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Um, since when is any defenseman worth a team's best forward?

Oh wait, Horton for Wideman...

Okay... Since when are the Boston Bruins actually the Florida Panthers?
It is more like Campbell for wideman 15th overall for horton. nice attempt at doctoring the trade

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
  #116
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,355
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Money Wides View Post
I don't see why the Bruins would do this deal...they'd get a good player in Kaberle, but they'd likely end up making the Leafs a lot better by giving them a premium passer to go with their young wingers.

The Bruins have a vested interest in the Leafs being as bad as they possibly can be again next year, so I don't see why Peter Chiarelli and Co. would consider dealing one of their best players and one of the best playmakers in the league to that team. It would only lead to them improving and the B's draft pick from the Kessel trade getting worse.

I really hope this is little more than baseless speculation.
The B's should be more concerned with making their team better, rather than where the Leafs finish in the standings. If PC see's a deal for Kaberle that he thinks will make his team better, he'll make it.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
  #117
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 14,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Exactly. That's all I've been saying. Not that Kaberle is bad, just that a Kabs for Savy straight up deal is one sided.
Not a lot of Leafs fans would want to trade highly rated prospects but could a deal be worked out around a second-tier prospect? Someone like Stalberg (HF: 7.5C)? Just trying to gauge what Bruins fans want and whether its even close to worth it.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  #118
Marchy63
Registered User
 
Marchy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Well since we know that Chiarelli was willing to trade Kessel to Toronto for Kaberle and a first round pick, one would have to think that a trade for Marc Savard would have include something a little higher than that. Since the Leafs do not have a first rounder this or next year would think that they could get a better deal from another team for Savard.

I personally don't see how these two teams match up trade wise with the players that are apparently available

Marchy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  #119
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Belligerent View Post
The B's should be more concerned with making their team better, rather than where the Leafs finish in the standings. If PC see's a deal for Kaberle that he thinks will make his team better, he'll make it.
That's exactly the point... The Leafs being a bottom dweller again this year helps the Bruins have a better team with a very high draft pick.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
  #120
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savard91 View Post
Well since we know that Chiarelli was willing to trade Kessel to Toronto for Kaberle and a first round pick, one would have to think that a trade for Marc Savard would have include something a little higher than that. Since the Leafs do not have a first rounder this or next year would think that they could get a better deal from another team for Savard.

I personally don't see how these two teams match up trade wise with the players that are apparently available
Uh, I don't think so. Chia didn't want to trade Kessel in any case. Kessel forced his hand.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
  #121
Marchy63
Registered User
 
Marchy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Belligerent View Post
The B's should be more concerned with making their team better, rather than where the Leafs finish in the standings. If PC see's a deal for Kaberle that he thinks will make his team better, he'll make it.
But trading your number one center to Toronto for Kaberle may not make the team all that much better, but it would certainly make Toronto's offensive a whole lot better. Kaberle is a decent #2-3 defenseman, but I don't think he is worth a #1 centre. That's just my opinion

Marchy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:32 PM
  #122
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,540
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

No trade discussions around Kabs and Savy according to Burke....

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:32 PM
  #123
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Money Wides View Post
I don't see why the Bruins would do this deal...they'd get a good player in Kaberle, but they'd likely end up making the Leafs a lot better by giving them a premium passer to go with their young wingers.
Honestly..who cares. Boston should only care about making themselves better next season. Their defense needs to be better than it is.

I think Chiarelli knows there's no chance of a 29th place again.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
  #124
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savard91 View Post
But trading your number one center to Toronto for Kaberle may not make the team all that much better, but it would certainly make Toronto's offensive a whole lot better. Kaberle is a decent #2-3 defenseman, but I don't think he is worth a #1 centre. That's just my opinion
He's better than that. You're underrating him.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
  #125
Marchy63
Registered User
 
Marchy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Uh, I don't think so. Chia didn't want to trade Kessel in any case. Kessel forced his hand.
That was the trade that was reported to have happened at the draft. The only reason it did not go through was because they did not agree who was getting the first rounder. Both Burke and Chiarelli thought they were getting the first

Marchy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.