Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen Traded to NYR Sentiments

Old
07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
flames123

vCash: 500
Jokinen Traded to NYR Sentiments

Here are some quotes on how people felt about Jokinen at the time of the NYR trade:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Indeed. He hasn't panned out the way we hoped he would for us but for around 3 million, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Just not a fan of this trade. I know Jokinen hasn't worked out like planned and I hate seeing Prust leave again. Jokinen played well but not as good as a 5million dollar player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'm kind of starting to come around on this trade, the more I think about it. We already knew what we had in Jokinen and it wasn't what we needed, so I don't see him and his contract as a loss. I hate his contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
- Jokinen worked his ass off here, but it just didn't work out
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMckay View Post
He was really classy in the interview, saying 5 million and 11 goals just doesn't cut it and that he knew changes were coming but was still playing for the sweater. Wanted to end his career in Calgary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
The best part of Jokinen's interview was saying that he plays for the logo, not the name.

How the hell Sutter ships out a guy with that mentality for a loser like Kotalik is beyond me.

I'm actually sad to see him go. Granted he was terrible, but the effort was there. Something is gonna happen with him eventually if he keeps it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Poor Prust. Jokinen needs to find a place to settle down. Cheaply. It is not like he is bad player by any means. He is still very serviceable for a 2nd line role. His production just isn't there. He does everything right. I would take him back for our 2nd line centre any day.

A lot of people sounded like they liked how Jokinen played (with energy and hard work) but that he just didn't live up to his 5.25M salary. Now that he is down to a 3M salary I think he will play better. Especially with the addition of Tanguay I think he can get back to shooting which he is better at.

Last edited by flames123: 07-04-2010 at 09:36 PM.
flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Flamesfan 26

I agree. It sounds like many fans were sad to see him go and now that he's back you'd think that people would be alot happier. Especially considering his contract is more managable. I think that all three of Tanguay Jokinen and Iginla have alot to prove next season and I think that the line will definatley put up 200 points combined, with the potential to put up 250.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

HAHA that should put things in perspective for our fellow flames fans. I think most people had this fairy tale trade or a big free agent signing like kovy clouding their minds. Some fans need to take a step back and realize that they are just fans, not players, gm's or coaches and that NHL video game trades are unrealistic lol. Thanks for posting man!

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
HAHA that should put things in perspective for our fellow flames fans. I think most people had this fairy tale trade or a big free agent signing like kovy clouding their minds. Some fans need to take a step back and realize that they are just fans, not players, gm's or coaches and that NHL video game trades are unrealistic lol. Thanks for posting man!
That was exactly it. Sutter said they were going to target a big name guy, possibly in the 7 mil price range. Everyone assumed it was going to be a #1 center. They even had a press conference called. Suddenly, its Tanguay and Jokinen. There were rumors about a Spezza deal lined up that would send him west, with a dman going back, which faded once Gonchar signed. I was upset at first as well, but I'm adjusting to it. Granted, I'm not happy about it, but we all need to realize its only July 3rd.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:07 AM
tfong

Where is my post about his tunnel vision?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:16 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Where is my post about his tunnel vision?
You mean this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Zero chemistry.

Joker has no vision and it seems his previous success came when the entire Panthers team continually kept feeding him the puck. But the worst part is that he goes into tunnel vision when he has the puck and doesn't know how to utilize teammates. He also doesn't play his size or his stick handling is not on par when he is skating. Hes not a dangler either because he doesn't seem to have the creativity for it either.

He does have a great shot though, no doubt about it and hes not a lazy player, but definitely overrated and I would rather have him as a winger (since he can't win faceoffs either) on the 2nd line or something.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Indeed. He hasn't panned out the way we hoped he would for us but for around 3 million, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
It wasn't exactly heartbeat, but after getting over the initial shock, I am welcoming Jokinen back with open arms.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I mentioned this before but I'll bring it up again because I think there is alot of truth to it. The guys on the Fan 960 brought up a good point and said, if Jokinen had never been traded and Sutter just retained him and resigned him at seasons end for his current contract amount, would this signing be preceived the same way by the fans? Rob Kerr's answer was absolutely not, and I agree with him 100%. The way Jokinen left town was very negative and the situation for him to comeback to Calgary almost seemed impossible because of the previous circumstances. But really, he was our best option available given our situation. I am hopeful things workout for him, whether or not they do only time will tell.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 07-05-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Codes

I think now that the initial shock value has subsided, a lot more people on board. Even on the main board, people are saying that it was overblown, and the Flames aren't nearly as bad as was perceived on July 1st.

It was bad optics, and bad asset management. In the end, we're a better team. That's what matters.

I always liked Jokinen, and I'm glad he's back.

Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
I think now that the initial shock value has subsided, a lot more people on board. Even on the main board, people are saying that it was overblown, and the Flames aren't nearly as bad as was perceived on July 1st.

Overblown? On HF? Nonsense.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
You mean this one?
Woot There it is haha, thanks for digging it up

I still stick by the same sentiments, make him a winger, he has the shot and size and work ethic for it.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

I'm guessing I was happy to see him go? I totally forgot what I posted.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote