HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pasi Nurminen - The new goalie coach of Finland's men's national ice hockey team!

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Pasi Nurminen - The new goalie coach of Finland's men's national ice hockey team!

Just to let you guys know because I had some extra time for translating and I know he was liked there in Atlanta.

Former NHL goalie Pasi Nurminen will be a part of the new assistent crew for Jukka Jalonen. The assistent coach and owner of Pelicans in SM-liiga with Petri Matikainen (headcoach of Blues in SM-liiga) and former NHL defenceman Teppo Numminen will replace Risto Dufva and Timo Lehkonen. The idea was to bring more

YLE: http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekk...n_1783226.html

Nurminen as a former great goalie believes he will benefit from knowing what kind of emotions and moods goalies battle thru.

- I basically know what kind of moods you have to go there. I will try to utilize that. Maybe I have the readiness to act when I see that some guy is stressing out, Numminen thought.

- Of course I will also utilize my passion for ice hockey. I want to bring energy to the team and coaching staff, I will give 110% and then we will see where it leads us, Nurminen said.

Nurminen will continue in his duties in Lahden Pelicans as a assistent coach and owner. But how will the new job at the national team will affect work in Lahti?

- When there are national tournaments there will be breaks in SM-liiga. In spring we will see how far we will go with Pelicans. Then we will know when I will step into the national team, said Nurminen

YLE: http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekk...n_1784364.html

Old
06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Congrats to the Frantic Fin. Wish we could get him to come to camp as a guest instructor like the Braves do with their former pitchers.

Closed Thread